PDA

View Full Version : Attendance

Matterhornman18
04-30-2005, 08:41 PM
I know this probably has been asked a million times...But I'm planning on heading to DLR June 5-12, basically going the 6-10 to DL (weekdays only). However, I know its the 50th so its going to be heavy but isnt it typically not that crouded those first 2 or so weeks in June because of the CA schools not getting out yet? What do you guys think as far as crouds? Let me know PLEASE :confused:

nsyncitnd1787
04-30-2005, 09:52 PM
However, I know its the 50th so its going to be heavy but isnt it typically not that crouded those first 2 or so weeks in June because of the CA schools not getting out yet?

i think so... but remember that there is grad night going on the thursdays in June. so there is schools out. you can prety much judge what they expect the crowds to be by looking at Disneyland.com's times for the days you will be there. if it closes at 11 or later, you know they are expecting a big crowd. or look at what the prices are for the hotels of Disneyland. see when summer season begins, that's when there's the huge crowds (u probably allready knew that though). the times are the best indicator of crowds though. maybe someone else can connect the dots i've made...

bradk
05-01-2005, 01:22 AM
you'll be fine, much better off than if you went a couple weeks later, that's for sure. do watch out for grad nites. all this information was recently posted, but i believe the grad nites take place on a couple of thursdays in june, don't recall which ones.

evrythngwmn
05-01-2005, 03:57 AM
Grad nites are Thursday May 19, 26 and June 2, 9 and Wednesday/ Thursday June 15/16 and 22/23.

Matterhornman18
05-01-2005, 03:06 PM
Great thanks guys,
The park closes at 9 (I believe) which is typically what time it closes all season...So maybe that is a good sign. As far as grad night goes...How does that make it busier..dont they come to the park at night?
Thanks again though guys!

bradk
05-01-2005, 03:08 PM
the park closes earlier in anticipation of.

Disneyfun
05-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Grad night goes into the park after the park closes tht is why the park would close early. Lately more and more grad nights are being done at califonia Advent from what I have heard. BUt this could be rummor

experiment626
05-01-2005, 05:49 PM
be prepared for lots of elementry school kids going this time of year. A lot of SoCal schools go to Disneyland for end of the year field trips. The good news is that they are usually gone by 5pm or so.

Tinkerball
05-01-2005, 08:24 PM
This kinda has to do with this thread....when are the slowest times of the year? Things have changed a bit over the last few years and I'm a bit out of touch...I'd like to know for future trips...can't stand the crowds!

bradk
05-01-2005, 08:27 PM
rule of thumb: when kids are in school

september through february, minus holidays and weekends

2nd week of may through prior to memorial day weekend, minus holidays and weekends

nsyncitnd1787
05-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Grad night goes into the park after the park closes tht is why the park would close early. Lately more and more grad nights are being done at califonia Advent from what I have heard. BUt this could be rummor

Grad Night starts in DCA then goes over to DL later. they get like 3 hrs or so in DCA before going to DL.