PDA

View Full Version : Concierge at GCH worth it?

Leash81
04-30-2005, 11:53 AM
The more I think about it the more I think my dad would really enjoy the concierge lounge and services. I was wondering if anyone has done this recently at GCH and if you thought it was worth the price?

dws_60
04-30-2005, 12:25 PM
i dont know... i actually just booked PPH concierge for my daughter and her uncle and aunt and cousin for july also... i think personnaly that the gch is already quite expensive for a standard room considering ull spend ur time mostly at the parks ... will u really use the cheese and wine hour and the breakfast? how many days will u stay?
next year, depending on what they tell me about their time at the pph, we might book the dlh...
take care
David

hlbtimes2
04-30-2005, 01:16 PM
I think it depends on how much you like to be pampered and how much time you'll spend in the room. I tend to agree with David/dws60- the rooms there are already very expensive. Its an extra $150-200 per night at GC to add that service. I would think that would go a long way toward some wine and cheese in the evening. But, like I said, if you like to be pampered the evening turn down service, speed at check in, etc, might be worth it.

We are doing conc. level at PPH in Oct. They are out of regular rooms for non-conc. level for the 4th night free special. We'll take advantage of the breakfast and snacks/ water/pop during the day to help make up for the price difference.

dws_60
04-30-2005, 01:21 PM
oh really hl? well we ll book a lilo and stitch breakfast on the 2nd day when they go to DCA so no rush and a breakfast in the concierge lounge the first morning when they ll rush to dlr... how is the breakfast there? do u know? the lady said they got noticed of the asthma problem of my daughter and they ll get a very newly renovated upper room, we also requested a resort view... think they ll have a blast!
David

hlbtimes2
04-30-2005, 02:27 PM
I guess I didnt say that very clearly- for the dates of Oct. 13-17 they are out of regular rooms with the 4th night free. We would have to pay for all 4 nights, bringing the rate higher for 4 regular nights then conc. with the 4th night free. We are going to pay the extra $70 for theme park view.

We dont know yet where we'll be having all of our breakfasts- I'm guessing we'll use the conc. lounge at least 3 of the mornings. And the water to take to the park will help with our in park expenses.

dws_60
05-01-2005, 05:57 AM
im wondering how the rooms look like and the lounge... im so excited for them... hope they ll take loads of pics!
David

05-01-2005, 06:25 AM
Opus1guy has video of GCH concierge lounge (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=516610&postcount=2)

dws_60
05-01-2005, 06:55 AM
sorry i meant PPH room and concierge lounge
thanks for the candy cane reviews link... it s very interesting
David