PDA

View Full Version : May 5th... When is everyone getting there?

Pages : [1] 2

HTHgal12
04-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Hey y'all when is everyone going to arrive at DL on thursday? When does the parking structure open?

rentayenta
04-30-2005, 09:02 AM
Early. :)

I think I read that the parking structure opens two hours before the park.

Wendi
04-30-2005, 09:04 AM
Not so early. I arrive at LAX at 7:30, gotta get a rental car, get to the Hyatt to check in and drop our stuff off then grab the next shuttle over. So we won't be there at 5am to keep you company or anything...

Photographer
04-30-2005, 09:26 AM
I just called Disney to ask a few questions about May 5th. Here's what I was told.

1. Parking structure will open at 8 AM (as of now). She said that might change.

2. They're not allowing people to camp out on May 4th on property. I'm not interested but I know others are.

rentayenta
04-30-2005, 09:29 AM
2. They're not allowing people to camp out on May 4th on property. I'm not interested but I know others are.

I wonder how they will stop this in a Disney-like fashion?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-30-2005, 11:05 AM
I am with Wendi, I get in at 7:35, but we plan to be ready to go and just check in real quick and be on our way. I wouldn't camp out, even if it was allowed.

disneyguy247
04-30-2005, 04:25 PM
I won't be able to get there til noon! bites fingernails

sunfun94
04-30-2005, 06:15 PM
we are looking to be there around 6-630am with Jamba Juice (w/energy boost) in hand! We are going to park at my parents house and since my mother is going to work so freakin early in the morning, she is dropping us off so I dont have to worry about the structure hours :)
WHOO HOO only 5 days left!! :D

Tinker Bell
04-30-2005, 07:09 PM
I hope to be in line at 7am. My Big sis and I. Ready for a full day off fun.We got PPH so no worries bout parking

HTHgal12
04-30-2005, 08:14 PM
I am planning to leave my house around 6:30 and I live about 30 min away. I hope that when I get there I can line up in the parking structure, but who knows.

sunfun94
04-30-2005, 08:38 PM
I am planning to leave my house around 6:30 and I live about 30 min away. I hope that when I get there I can line up in the parking structure, but who knows.

I would love to have a final answer on that as well...meaning as to what time the structure is opening..

HTHgal12
05-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Are they going to let cars line up as early as 7 and then open the car booths to let people in the parking structure at 8? I think that they would be smart to open it at 7 because of the high volume of people. anywho whoever finds out let us know please!

Niwel
05-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Anyone else think this whole thing feels very "amazing race":
1) The lot opens at a certain time -- so people will line up
2) The trams don't run until the lot opens so you can either
a) take the tram
b) walk across the way
until you get to
3) Security checkpoint -- which apparently is letting people in at 7
-- this is both for the people at the hotels (east-side) and Mickey & Friends/PPH/DLH/GCH
4) The entrance itself -- doesn't open until 9 for most people.
I think anyone who is there at opening -- or even an hour or two after will have no problem getting in. Yes, it is a big deal, but it is still a Thursday when people have work and school.

So just give me my yield and fast forward and we're good to go :)

mkyears
05-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Hey y'all when is everyone going to arrive at DL on thursday? When does the parking structure open?
Have to go to class at 8-9:30 do you guys really think it will be that busy? I mean I know for us it is a huge deal but I'm just curious as to how big this is to the everyday tourist. :)

sunfun94
05-01-2005, 08:37 PM
1) The lot opens at a certain time -- so people will line up
2) The trams don't run until the lot opens so you can either
a) take the tram
b) walk across the way
until you get to
3) Security checkpoint -- which apparently is letting people in at 7
-- this is both for the people at the hotels (east-side) and Mickey & Friends/PPH/DLH/GCH
4) The entrance itself -- doesn't open until 9 for most people.
I think anyone who is there at opening -- or even an hour or two after will have no problem getting in. Yes, it is a big deal, but it is still a Thursday when people have work and school.

So just give me my yield and fast forward and we're good to go :)

ya know the funny thing is that its true..it does feel sort of Amazing Raceish

lilblckrncloud
05-01-2005, 10:38 PM
1) The lot opens at a certain time -- so people will line upI'm confused on the logistics of this. How do they allow cars to line up to wait for the opening of the structure? Won't they overflow out into the street? Or is that not the lot you're talking about? I've never gotten there so early before, so I want to be prepared!

I am so nerdily excited about going on Thursday that I have had TWO nightmares about getting there late and not being able to get in, and I keep referring to the 5th as "tomorrow" even though I know full well it's a few days away. What a dork! :D

melmel
05-01-2005, 10:47 PM
I plan on showing up at around 7:30 am...

But I was thinking...

I'm an AP, so I usually just drive back to the Mickey & Friends structure to get in line, usually from the Ball Rd. entrance. Should I do that Thursday, or just go through the main gate??

Mommy2NicknMax
05-02-2005, 05:59 AM
I'm staying at the BWPPI, so I'll walk over around 7:45AM.

Disneyfun
05-02-2005, 07:23 AM
I will be there right after work around 4:00 :crying:

tstan70
05-02-2005, 09:16 AM
I was feeling upset that I wasn't going to be there, but with all the madness, I think I am glad that I will be 750 miles away on May 5!

Niwel
05-02-2005, 09:53 AM
I'm confused on the logistics of this. How do they allow cars to line up to wait for the opening of the structure? Won't they overflow out into the street? Or is that not the lot you're talking about? I've never gotten there so early before, so I want to be prepared!

When I've been there earlish -- they back you up from the "pay gates" (which goes back quite a ways from the entrance to the parking lot itself-- I'm usually toward the front so I have no idea how far back it goes...

ksejr1
05-02-2005, 10:03 AM
I will be there at 8 am :p

Disneyphile
05-02-2005, 10:09 AM
I have plans to be there outside of security by 05:05 on 05/05, which means I'll be crawling out of bed at 4am to do it. We have already made other arrangements for parking, so that won't be an issue.

Yeah, I'm a geek. :geek:

Disneyfun
05-02-2005, 10:54 AM
I have plans to be there outside of security by 05:05 on 05/05, which means I'll be crawling out of bed at 4am to do it. We have already made other arrangements for parking, so that won't be an issue.

Yeah, I'm a geek. :geek:
I love it 05:05 on 05-05-05 Too cool. If I did not have a kid I would be joining you!!!!!

TP2000
05-02-2005, 10:58 AM
I wonder how they will stop this in a Disney-like fashion?

How about "This is private property and we don't want you sleeping here. Please leave, or we will call the police. Thank you." ?

That would be polite, yet firm, don't you think?