PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Stage Show

MonorailChris
04-29-2005, 03:07 PM
I was thinking about all the shows that have been at disneyland(after watching some on video) and was wondering what some other peoples favorites were.my family and i enjoyed the 40 years of adventure show at tomarrowland terrace,also the festival of fools,beauty and the beast,woodys round up,pocahontus,mickey's nutcracker,and of course we love the snow white and aladin shows that are there now.

Disneyfun
04-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Yes I like the Aldlin show how ever I still miss the show (forgot the name but it is where Snow white is now. It did a musical review of many of the shows, B&tB Hunch Back, Little Mermaid, Lion King . .. It was a fun upbeat show that the kids and adults loved!

Andrew
04-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Hands-down, the best show I've ever seen at Disneyland was the "Beauty & the Beast" stage show. A very close second was the "Festival of Fools".

I love "Aladdin & Jasmine StoryTale Adventure" but it's on a totally different scale.

adriennek
04-29-2005, 03:23 PM
I love "Aladdin & Jasmine StoryTale Adventure" but it's on a totally different scale.

WISH NOISE!

Adrienne

Andrew
04-29-2005, 03:29 PM
WISH NOISE!
Ecky-ecky-ecky-ecky-pikang-zoop-boing!

tod
04-29-2005, 03:31 PM
Main Street Hop
Circus Fantasy
The Power of BLAST!

--t

DangerMouse
04-29-2005, 03:54 PM
Well, after my most recent visit, my new favorite is Billy Hill & the Hillbillies. I liked it even more than Aladdin! :D

disneyperson
04-29-2005, 06:12 PM
I liked the Pochantas show. Grandma Willow was amazing and the dancing was very good.The Beauty and the Beast show was good too.
The only thing I liked about the Snow White show was the set. It's fun to watch it do it's thing.

spectromen
04-29-2005, 07:52 PM
The absolute best had to be One Man's Dream. I remember the tears in my eyes in 1990. Close seconds would be Festival of Fools and Show Biz Is. Mickey's Nutcracker was awesome, but I would've tweaked the script a little.

PirateSmile
05-01-2005, 12:10 AM
1. Snow White
2. Festival of Fools (This is only number two because my memory of it involves a lot standing around and a lot of INSANE heat.)
3. Pocahontas
4. Aladdin ay DCA
5. Billie Hill and the Hillbilles (Couldn't decide which to put first, Aladdin or this.)
6. Aladdin at Disneyland

Shinku
05-01-2005, 01:01 AM
"Beauty and the Beast", hands down. I still have the souvineer mug from it too :)

Fozzie
05-01-2005, 01:10 AM
Playhouse Disney! :D

Photographer
05-01-2005, 07:56 AM
Variety Show with Dana Daniels
BLAST
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies
Aladdin (DCA)
Aladdin & Jasmine Storytale (I had a favorite Aladdin)

Wendi
05-01-2005, 03:11 PM
For nostalgia reasons... The Golden Horseshoe Revue.
Most recent... Aladdin (great production!)
Hilarious... Billy Hill and the Hillbillies
Somewhere in the middle... Pocahontas

I never saw Beauty & The Beast, but I sure wish I had...

disneygalforlife
05-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Billy Hill but it HAS to be the one with Elvis Billy

ILoveChurros
05-01-2005, 05:13 PM
I always liked Animazement. Some people thought it was corny but the singing was great.
My second pick would be for Beauty and the Beast.

Sorcerer Jody
05-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Does Fantasmic! not count? If not, then Animazement and Steps in Time. I haven't seen Aladdin yet.

sdfilmcritic
05-01-2005, 07:00 PM
For me I would have to say that Billy Hill and the Hillbillies is my current favorite stage show. I just wish they would put in Beauty and the Beast as a show at the Hyperion if Aladdin ever moves out.

tod
05-01-2005, 10:58 PM
The original Golden Horseshoe Revue (which I saw once with Wally Boag)

The Golden Horseshoe Variety Show (with Dana Daniels)

--t

Andrew
05-02-2005, 09:21 AM
We saw the "new and improved" A&JSTA on Saturday. The improvements to the Oasis are very nice. The "improvements" to the show are... not. I think we might give it one more chance, just to see if they can get an Aladdin who can actually emote.

PragmaticIdealist
05-26-2005, 04:31 AM
One of my favorite shows that hasn't been mentioned yet is also the first narrative-based stageplay in the history of The Walt Disney Company: Dick Tracy LIVE: "Diamond Double-Cross".

The scenery was flying non-stop across the stage for half an hour, the dancers had incredible energy, and the music, including the "Calling Dick Tracy" theme song, was top-notch.

One had to see it at nighttime, though, because Videopolis, at that time, had even more trouble controlling lighting conditions than even the Fantasyland Theatre has today. The computerized lighting was such an important part of the show.

averagedork
05-26-2005, 09:59 AM
DUH, I haven't seen the Beauty and the Beast thing and the only reason why I see the Aladdin show is to beat the heat. The Snow White thing, I saw it once and wasn't that impressed. DUH consistantly makes me laugh and even it's the nerdy laugh. When the crowd really gets into it, then it's super fun.