PDA

View Full Version : Sheraton v. Coast Anaheim?

THpoohbear
04-29-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm between the Sheraton and the Coast Anaheim for my anniversary. Is there anyone who has stayed at both? Emma sure likes the Coast! The balconies do appeal to me to watch the fireworks. The Sheraton is more expensive by quite a bit, but the renovated rooms look beautiful. However I'm concerned about getting an unrenovated room and also about the heating and ac problems mentioned in reviews. I'd like a special looking room for my anniversary, and the Sheraton looks like it has the Coast beat, but I like that the Coast is cheaper and has a balcony to watch the fireworks! Any suggestions would be great! Thanks! :D

04-29-2005, 05:32 PM
How about it? Anyone who can help?

sleepyjeff
04-29-2005, 05:42 PM
My vote would be for the Sheraton. Better grounds, better rooms(and bigger; much bigger) and as for the Fireworks you can't find a Hotel closer to them and that includes all of the Disney properties :)

My opinion of the Sheraton is based on hearsay/research but I do have first hand knowledge of the Coast(and I am not a big fan).

Have a good trip :)

adriennek
04-29-2005, 07:02 PM
I vote for the Coast. Better walking route. It's a decent hotel. The Sheraton is very strangely laid out and can be confusing to find your way around.

I think if you're saving money at the Coast, go for it. It's a fine hotel.

Adrienne

spectromen
04-29-2005, 07:57 PM
I had to do a double take when I saw this thread, because my cousin is having his anniversary and is torn between the Sheraton and the Coast too! It wasn't until I read that you'd be going to Thailand that I knew it wasn't him, lol!

For the record, I have to give the nod to the Coast. I love Starwood properties, but the Coast is hands down a better value. Enjoy your stay!

Emma
04-29-2005, 10:00 PM
I LOVE the Coast Anaheim. Stay there. :D

--Emma

Ulysses
04-29-2005, 10:22 PM
The Coast. The only thing wrong with the Coast is the coffee shop. Otherwise it's a very nice hotel and a good value. You can walk to Disneyland in 10 minutes. Ask for a "park view" room.

Vegitabeta
04-30-2005, 02:26 AM
Ok, I'm going to sy the Sheraton, because it has great theming, and you can see the fireworks from outside the front door (and certain rooms) it's just very nice in general and the buses to the DLR are frequent.

Opus1guy
04-30-2005, 09:35 AM
I can't vote as I've never stayed at the Coast. But I'm a huge fan of the Sheraton Anaheim. I think it offers the best Disney-like landscaping & themed experience of any non-Disney hotel in Anaheim.

No question it has the largest standard room size (525 sq.ft.) and the best beds in the city (the new Sheraton Sweet Sleepers). :)

And darn cheap rates can often be found there in the $69 to $89 range.

And I love the walk from the Sheraton to the Disneyland Resort. Very pretty landscaped path, IMHO. Prefer it over taking the comp shuttle!

THpoohbear
04-30-2005, 09:47 AM
I had to do a double take when I saw this thread, because my cousin is having his anniversary and is torn between the Sheraton and the Coast too! It wasn't until I read that you'd be going to Thailand that I knew it wasn't him, lol!

For the record, I have to give the nod to the Coast. I love Starwood properties, but the Coast is hands down a better value. Enjoy your stay!

I hope your cousin has a fun trip! When's his anniversary?

THpoohbear
04-30-2005, 09:48 AM
I can't vote as I've never stayed at the Coast. But I'm a huge fan of the Sheraton Anaheim. I think it offers the best Disney-like landscaping & themed experience of any non-Disney hotel in Anaheim.

No question it has the largest standard room size (525 sq.ft.) and the best beds in the city (the new Sheraton Sweet Sleepers). :)

And darn cheap rates can often be found there in the $69 to $89 range.

And I love the walk from the Sheraton to the Disneyland Resort. Very pretty landscaped path, IMHO. Prefer it over taking the comp shuttle!

I would love to stay there if I could find a rate that cheap! Right now I'm not getting anything under $125. I've tried every discount I can think of... and no luck. :(

spectromen
04-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Cuz was getting $125 too :( Their anniversary is the weekend of May 20th.

Opus1guy
04-30-2005, 12:39 PM
I would love to stay there if I could find a rate that cheap! Right now I'm not getting anything under $125. I've tried every discount I can think of... and no luck.

I punched in some random dates and sure enough...almost all were at least $125. As many of you may know, hotel occupancy rates have been soaring recently and it seems this is applying to Anaheim. Certainly applies to New York City where even dives are commanding over $200!! :(

Good thing I booked my July 17th dates a few months ago:

Check in: Jul 14, 2005
Check out: Jul 18, 2005

1 Room, 2 Adults Per Room, 1 King

Beds: 1 King
Room Features: Deluxe Non-Smoking, Movies/Games/Video Check Out, Spacious, Oversized Room, In Rm Safe, Beautiful 500+ Square Foot Room. Traditional Style Decor, Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed

Average Daily Rate Per Room: USD 79.00
Total For Room Rate Only: USD 316.00

...because the Sheraton is showing Sold Out on those dates now!

spectromen
04-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Wow, GREAT Sheraton rates for the 50th birthday! Congrats! I'm still deciding between the Coast at $80 or the Hilton at $109.

rentayenta
04-30-2005, 07:48 PM
I will be staying at The Coast for the first time in a few days. I hope it's nice or Emma is going to get it. ;)

spectromen
04-30-2005, 08:07 PM
You'll love it Yenta. What price did you get? What other hotels have you stayed at already? I'll tell you if it's going to be in the same league.

THpoohbear
04-30-2005, 09:07 PM
I will be staying at The Coast for the first time in a few days. I hope it's nice or Emma is going to get it. ;)

Rentayenta - will you write in and let me know what you thought? ;)

Emma
05-01-2005, 10:05 AM

HAHAHAHAHA! Wouldn't it be funny if it was really a dump, but I was talking it up just to get you to stay there? :~D

--Emma

adriennek
05-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Wow, GREAT Sheraton rates for the 50th birthday! Congrats! I'm still deciding between the Coast at $80 or the Hilton at $109.

Coast. You won't have a potential mile-long hike to your room from the elevator. The Hilton rooms are not $29/night better than the Coast.

Adrienne