PDA

View Full Version : DVD of parades

yellowrosedtxn
04-29-2005, 09:55 AM
I am not sure if this has been asked or not, but are there already made (professional) DVD's of the parades and the Disneyland parks? My dad and I were watching "The Mouse Adventures" DVD (THANKS DISNEYLANDFOREVER!!) and he got to thinking about bringing a camera to DL this summer. Then he said... I wonder if they already have anything like that.... So I am asking you all, because your ALL KNOWING!!! :-) Appreciate any feed back you can give me.

AVP
04-29-2005, 10:17 AM
This is something the merchandise people very very very much want to do, but will probably not ever be able to do again. It has to do with rights and royalty payments to the performers. (And yes, I know Disney has an entire team of people who do this for their films, but for whatever reason the theme parks don't have the same resources)

AVP

yellowrosedtxn
04-29-2005, 10:21 AM
So it would just be in our best interest to bring a video camera and do it ourselves. Thanks for your input.

bradk
04-29-2005, 10:25 AM
someone sells a dvd on ebay for about $6 of a 'vip tour' of the parks, hosted by a former CM. supposed to cover parades i think as well as the holiday stuff.

yellowrosedtxn
04-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Do I just go to Ebay and type in Disneyland DVD? Or if you have the link, I would appreciate it.

bradk
04-29-2005, 10:34 AM
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmystiqueboutiqueinc

they're all dutch auctions, so don't let the number of bids scare you, just look at whichever one is ending soon (cuz they aren't buy it nows for some reason) and see if you can get in on the starting bid.

actually, after re-reading the description, it doesn't say anything about parades, so you may just wanna ask the seller first.

yellowrosedtxn
04-29-2005, 11:02 AM
Thank you.

AVP
04-29-2005, 12:09 PM
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmystiqueboutiqueincWow. Wow. Someone must really be happy with their lawyer - I know *I* wouldn't want to get that phone call from Disney Legal. Selling an unauthorized DVD of Disneyland and using Disney-owned art and trademarks to do it?

AVP

Hakuna Makarla
04-29-2005, 12:13 PM
Lol!

TikiGeek
04-29-2005, 12:42 PM
The "label" says Disneyland Forever....Hummm??? (why does that sound so familiar?) ;)

outlaw8
04-29-2005, 12:50 PM
...You can probably do a better job filming it yourself..( I know I can)....
Read their feedback if someone doesn't like their DVD they chalk it up as "can't please everyone"..Want my copy;)

Space Mountain Mike
04-29-2005, 01:31 PM
...It has to do with rights and royalty payments to the performers. ..

Aren't the performers CM's (ie costumed employees)?

bradk
04-29-2005, 01:34 PM
...You can probably do a better job filming it yourself..( I know I can)....
Read their feedback if someone doesn't like their DVD they chalk it up as "can't please everyone"..Want my copy;)

that's a decent point. i read the feedback, not too many negatives, but a lot of neutrals too. my personal favorite was in response to someone complaining how shaky it was: we shot it reality style, people prefer it that way

AVP
04-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Aren't the performers CM's (ie costumed employees)?Yes, but the parade performers are in one of the entertainment union.

I don't remember all of the details, because it's been a while since I "officially" discussed this with anyone, but suffice it to say that the MSEP and Lion King videos were probably the last parade videos we'll see.

AVP

AVP
04-29-2005, 01:52 PM
I'm quite surprised they have been selling this for over a year. Wow. I thought the Disney Legal team paid more attention to stuff like this.

AVP

olegc
04-29-2005, 01:52 PM
Yes, but the parade performers are in one of the entertainment union.

I don't remember all of the details, because it's been a while since I "officially" discussed this with anyone, but suffice it to say that the MSEP and Lion King videos were probably the last parade videos we'll see.

AVP

And those videos are not that old (within the last 10 years) so I wonder how they got around the royalties on those? My guess is limited production - once they were gone they were gone - and you can't really rent them (you can, but hard to find). So royalties stopped.

I have seen some DVDs sold for DisneySea, Country Bears, and others - that must have had multiple visits, multiple cameras, and access to all of the digital audio. It's a great piece of work (especially the CB ones) but it takes A LOT of time, equipment, and of course not too many crowd shots..

Anyone visiting in September? :D

Disneynerd
04-29-2005, 04:49 PM
I am not sure if this has been asked or not, but are there already made (professional) DVD's of the parades and the Disneyland parks? My dad and I were watching "The Mouse Adventures" DVD (THANKS DISNEYLANDFOREVER!!) and he got to thinking about bringing a camera to DL this summer. Then he said... I wonder if they already have anything like that.... So I am asking you all, because your ALL KNOWING!!! :-) Appreciate any feed back you can give me.What's this "The Mouse Adventures" DVD? I want one!

bradk
04-29-2005, 04:51 PM
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=39558

Hakuna Makarla
04-29-2005, 05:09 PM
So asking for a copy of the May celebraton from some one is a no no ?

Disneynerd
04-29-2005, 06:58 PM
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=39558Thanks!

spectromen
04-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Yes, but the parade performers are in one of the entertainment union.

Actually, we were one of the few departments at the Park that was NOT unionized. When they were filming the EP and LK videos, we didn't have to sign anything, and of course we get no royalties.

I'm even more curious as to why more parade and show music hasn't been released. Toyko and France do it all the time; why not here I wonder. There's certainly a HUGE demand for it.