PDA

View Full Version : AP contest winners for May 4th

MyBeast
04-29-2005, 09:33 AM
Just had a FAQ posted for cast members...

AP contest tickets are non-transfereable and one person will need to show their AP. If you can not attend, the tickets can NOT be given away. and regarding the ebay sales of some:

" Tickets for this event are not being sold by the Walt Disney Company therefore; we cannot guarantee the validity of the tickets. Tickets are non transferable and are intended to be used by the contest winner and their Guest. At least one of the attendees must show a valid Annual Passport upon entry to the event."

Surfingstitch
04-29-2005, 09:38 AM
I don't think you have to show your AP do you?

MammaSilva
04-29-2005, 09:40 AM
considering how many tickets are being given away by the radio stations, how can they enforce that unless the ticket media looks different than those sent out to the AP winners?

rentayenta
04-29-2005, 09:41 AM

I would guess that one person has to be an AP holder but the tickets have no names so I don't see how they can't be transferable.

SurfingStitch, your PM box is full. :)

Darkbeer
04-29-2005, 09:42 AM

The original post is directly from the Walt Disney Company, the AP preview tickets were issued to the AP holder, and the letter that came with the tickets clearly stated they were non-transferrable. It is reasonable to have the CM's at the gate to check for an AP. Remember, there will be much confusion at the gates on the 4th, as some folks that have a Multi Day ParkHopper won't understand that Disneyland is closed to the public. The CM's will be taking the time to check each and every ticket and pass. Do not expect to see the lines move quickly.

Lani
04-29-2005, 09:42 AM
considering how many tickets are being given away by the radio stations, how can they enforce that unless the ticket media looks different than those sent out to the AP winners?It's possible those that are won by annual passholders state different text in the back of the pass.

I've obtained a few one-day passes for various things, and the back in fine print will usually stipulate the conditions.

I suspect those obtained by annual passholders probably SAY so, whereas those won by radio station listerners don't.

Regardless, it doesn't appear to be customized to the AP holder's actual name, so as long as the holder has an AP, it should be OK.

Darkbeer
04-29-2005, 09:46 AM
considering how many tickets are being given away by the radio stations, how can they enforce that unless the ticket media looks different than those sent out to the AP winners?

The "contest" winners tickets are marked.

MyBeast
04-29-2005, 09:48 AM
I got my information directly from the cast portal. So just be sure to have your AP handy...

bradk
04-29-2005, 09:52 AM
all the tickets are serialized anyway, so it's really easy to identify which ones would require the AP if that was always part of the plan (or if at the very least, they're sequential and they know which block went to APs). i was half expecting this sort of ability, even wondering as much as if they were actually keeping a list of AP holders and the ticket #s assigned to them, so they can even go and determine the source of a ticket that was re-sold.

5000 tickets isn't a lot to manage for one day.

stan4d_steph
04-29-2005, 10:01 AM
I got my information directly from the cast portal. So just be sure to have your AP handy...Thanks for sharing that info MyBeast!

Surfingstitch
04-29-2005, 10:07 AM
SurfingStitch, your PM box is full. :)

Oops.

Should be okay now.

bradk
04-29-2005, 10:09 AM
oh.. my.. goodness

just out of curiosity, i checked ebay... most pairs (and there are a lot of them) seem to be going for around $250, but one guy has a starting bid of $600 with a buy it now of $800. who are they kidding? they even include a scan of the letter which clearly states it's non-transferable