PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to View Fireworks/Outside of the Park

mickeyspal
04-28-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm sure this topic has come up many times before - but in "light" of the new show (and our visit on Sunday/Monday May 15 and 16!) Where is the best place to view the fireworks show from outside of the park? We will not be entering Disneyland until Monday morning. Can you suggest the best hotel view - or is there a place to stand and see the show? We have not yet made our hotel booking and was in hopes of findng out more info! Thanks!

Disney Vault
04-28-2005, 02:40 PM
The only good place to see the new firework show will be from the hub. However I would say downtown disney views from the grand californian have a pretty good view of the fireworks.

tod
04-28-2005, 02:41 PM
On Ball Road just east of Disneyland Drive, there's a dead motel and the Spaghetti Station. Park in the lot in front of the Spaghetti Station -- but get in there, don't use spaces that the Spaghetti Station customers will want -- and walk across the street to teh Sheraton side.

That's the best place.

--t

sediment
04-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Top floor of Mickey and Friends parking structure.

Disneyfreak
04-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Holding on for dear life on TOT in the other park. Jk I have to agree with right outside the gate.

ksejr1
04-28-2005, 05:26 PM
I really enjoy watching the fireworks from the top floor of the mickey and friends parking structure, it's great up there :D

SCUBAbe
04-28-2005, 06:08 PM
I really enjoy watching the fireworks from the top floor of the mickey and friends parking structure, it's great up there :D

do they still set all the car alarms off...I was LMBO when that happened...:)

I had a pretty good view of them from the freeway...:)

Pirate Princess
04-28-2005, 08:09 PM
I know that you can go on the rooftop of the Caroseul Inn (by the pool five stories up) without any hassle but I have never seen the fireworks from there... has anyone?

SCUBAbe
04-28-2005, 08:11 PM
I know that you can go on the rooftop of the Caroseul Inn (by the pool five stories up) without any hassle but I have never seen the fireworks from there... has anyone?

the pool requires a room key to open the door. I did watch them in the brakfast room. It was a good view, but watching them without the music isn't the best. The PPH pool pipes the music in...:)

hlbtimes2
04-28-2005, 08:30 PM
The PPH pool pipes the music in...:)

That is great to know, thank you!

stinkerbell
04-29-2005, 06:53 AM
There are a few buildings at the Howard Johnson where you can see the FW up close and personal. Amazingly close! My husband and I stood on our balcony to watch the NYE fireworks, since we couldn't be in the park with the kids at midnight.

....but I don't know anything about the new show, so that may not work.