PDA

View Full Version : Nemo News

Pages : [1] 2

Disney Vault
04-28-2005, 02:21 PM
http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1414

This new Jim Hill article talks about the new nemo ride. It sound like they are going to do a great job with this ride while still keeping elements of the old ride.

mkcbunny
04-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Wonder what the big secret never-before-experienced extra is that he alludes to at the end of the article?

SJSman
04-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Probably Jim Hill Hullabaloo

Uncle Remus
04-28-2005, 03:56 PM
hah Hullabaloo is a funny word.

Disneyfreak
04-28-2005, 04:58 PM
LOL!!!!

Disney Vault
04-28-2005, 05:43 PM
I hope not because the way he is talking about it makes it sound so cool.

MrsPooh
04-28-2005, 06:18 PM
This sounds cooler than I first imagined!

Ok Sub ride purists, what do you think? I know some of you didn't want the Nemo theme, does this make it better?

I'd like to hear some other thoughts on this!

Oh........when he said they were using the old subs........my claustrophobia.....breathe, Mrs. Pooh, breathe! :rolleyes:

I CAN DO THIS! I want to do this!

mraw
04-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Even if this is WDI's vision, they are notorious for cutting corners in the funding department, and hardly anything they ever make resembles their concepts in the end...

Disney Vault
04-28-2005, 06:27 PM
Even if this is WDI's vision, they are notorious for cutting corners in the funding department, and hardly anything they ever make resembles their concepts in the end...
But CM Matt will be in charge from day one with this project. Maybe things will be different now.

mraw
04-28-2005, 06:48 PM
But CM Matt will be in charge from day one with this project. Maybe things will be different now.

Maybe so, but you would be surprised at how many corners are cut to complete WDI projects. Maybe this attraction will be an acception, after all, the park itself will be paying the bill for the attraction.

bradk
04-28-2005, 07:04 PM
hmm.. WDI doesn't cut corners. the people who supply WDI with money force them to cut corners. WDI would spend every dime in the world if they could.

Disney Vault
04-28-2005, 07:22 PM
hmm.. WDI doesn't cut corners. the people who supply WDI with money force them to cut corners. WDI would spend every dime in the world if they could.
And then all our rides would be E-tickets on the detail level of Indiana Jones :D

GeminiAngel
04-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Wonder what the big secret never-before-experienced extra is that he alludes to at the end of the article?

I heard there's a cafe where you can get fried clown fish. Did I just say that out loud? I'm sorry, that was bad!!! :fez:

mkcbunny
04-28-2005, 07:58 PM
I heard there's a cafe where you can get fried clown fish. Did I just say that out loud? I'm sorry, that was bad!!! :fez:
LOL. That really did make me laugh out loud.

mraw
04-28-2005, 08:38 PM

If they spent the money that's allotted to them wisely, they could do everything that they need to do on what's budgeted. They waste a lot of money before a project even raises from the drawing board on unecessary things. For instance, $100 million was enough to complete Mission:Space. The attraction ended up costing almost twice as much, and it's not even a huge draw (Test Track gets more guests daily than Mission:Space). To make up for time (and money) wasted on developing projects, they cut corners to finish the project to stay within the budget.

SoCalDude
04-28-2005, 09:09 PM
http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1414

geesh - I got all happy about new/more news... but when I saw the link it was such a letdown.

:(

Disney Vault
04-28-2005, 10:14 PM
geesh - I got all happy about new/more news... but when I saw the link it was such a letdown.

:(
He isn't the most reliable source but it seems that most of his stories are based off of some truth.

MouseLover
04-29-2005, 08:13 AM

You see, they did find Nemo..............

Disney Vault
04-29-2005, 02:09 PM
http://www.flevoland.to/moppen/images/nemo.jpg

Actually it would be more like this ^

itig
04-29-2005, 03:14 PM

Now that's funny!

GeminiAngel
04-29-2005, 08:43 PM

I'm now cleaning the soda I spit out all over my desk!!!!!! LOL :fez:

RStar
04-29-2005, 10:57 PM
Reese's Peanut Butter cups are sooo hard to clean off the monitor!!!

And sting coming out the nose!

Thanks!

:eek: :D

PirateSmile
05-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Whoopie! It doesn't sound too bad! I still wish it woulda been Little Mermaid oriented, though.

Disney Vault
05-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Whoopie! It doesn't sound too bad! I still wish it woulda been Little Mermaid oriented, though.
I am still hoping someday they build that little mermaid darkrides they had planned. The one that was suppose to go where toon town is. They could put in in the pier at DCA.

sdfilmcritic
05-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Whoopie! :p Now I have the whoopie song from Woodey Allen's Everyone Says I Love You stuck in my head. And is it just me or does Woody have a huge thing for blondes starring in his movies?