PDA

View Full Version : Why will Pirates be down so long?

Pages : [1] 2

tlovesdis
04-28-2005, 10:20 AM
I just don't get it. Oct 3 - December 13th? That's like 2 1/2 months. It seems strange that it will be down that long during the 50th celebration. Does anyone have any info as to what they are doing?

I am bummed as it is one of my all time faves and this also means that the Blue Bayou will probably be closed too!

Wendi
04-28-2005, 10:21 AM
What??? Are you kidding me? My favorite ride will be down when I'm there this year??? That is a huge refurb!!!

scaeagles
04-28-2005, 10:22 AM
I think they are converting the whole ride to use digital sound.

sediment
04-28-2005, 10:34 AM
1. Taking out the AA's and repacing with film.
2. The Pirate Legal Defense Fund has filed suit against Disney for using pirates in an offending manner. Requires ride to be PC for pirates.
3. Putting in a slightly longer boat, so 10 people can fit in the back row.
4. Pirates Christmas Overlay.

Real reasons? Why didn't you say so?

5. There was that "Pirates At Night" possible refurb, in which the path where the boats are stored is converted into a scarier version for use at night. I think this would take a lot longer than 10 weeks.
6. Changing out the water. Upgrading the AAs (the auctioneer always gets the good stuff). General cleaning -- after the big summer rush, it's likely to be pretty messy.

bradk
04-28-2005, 10:42 AM
how do you change out the water? it's all connected, isn't it? (except for the lagoon)

they are reportedly switching to a digital / stereo pa system. there was also talk of the pirates at night thing, but someone else reported that it's been put on the back burner for the time being.

sleepyjeff
04-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Since they simply cannot squeeze any more tables into the Blue Bayou Dining Patio maybe they are going to extend the Patio out a few feet over the bayou ;)

katya
04-28-2005, 10:59 AM
4. Pirates Christmas Overlay.

Thanks, I just spit coffee all over my monitor!

sediment
04-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Another satisfied customer!

rentayenta
04-28-2005, 11:23 AM
I just don't get it. Oct 3 - December 13th? probably be

That sucks! We will be there from Dec. 9-13. I will hope for an early finish. :(

SANDYMARIE
04-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Ditto!!!!!! :eek:

disneychelle
04-28-2005, 11:36 AM
That's our favourite ride I too hope they finish early as we will be there 11/27-12/4!!!!

tinkluver
04-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Just wondering- since POTC will be down that long- What about Blue Bayou? Is it going to be closed that whole time too? Or are they going to put a giant tarp by the water and still be serving?

Disneyfun
04-28-2005, 01:31 PM
Good question about teh Blue bayou? Wil have to ask around.
I do know that Disney is revamping all of the rides to have the Anomatronics be better. I am new here but I am sure if you look at old posts some where they will have been discussions about The Tiki Room. The same thing they did to the Tiki room will be done to POC.
AS a Side note they also did this to Small World. I was there on Sunday and I noticed that only one out of everythree characters in the Finally, actaully had a moving mouth. Yes there is no clacking sound but I just did not like that only of every three moved it took me out of the "magic".

CptJackSparrow
04-28-2005, 01:49 PM
I asked the same thing last Monday and this is the response I got:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=40905

I Heart Disneyland!
04-28-2005, 02:14 PM
As long as it's open from May 1 - 9....I am one happy camper! :) :) (Sorry for those of you who will be disappointed by it being closed. I would be very upset too.) :(

Disney Vault
04-28-2005, 02:29 PM
I think of this as a good thing. I heard PotC will be getting some updates. Kind of like what happened to the HM.

tinkluver
04-28-2005, 02:49 PM
I asked the same thing last Monday and this is the response I got:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=40905
I just can't see the Blue Bayou closed for 2 1/2 months. How much refurb has to be done that will take that long? ....Unless they ARE extending the eating area out ....Hmmm :)

Disneyfreak
04-28-2005, 05:04 PM
I just can't see the Blue Bayou closed for 2 1/2 months. How much refurb has to be done that will take that long? ....Unless they ARE extending the eating area out ....Hmmm :)

It has been closed way longer before when Pirates has been closed in the past. It will close for the period of the refurbishment.

Wendi
04-28-2005, 09:30 PM
I don't think I'd even want to do Blue Bayou if Pirates was closed... it just wouldn't have the same ambience.

jon80flt
04-28-2005, 10:02 PM
I don't think I'd even want to do Blue Bayou if Pirates was closed... it just wouldn't have the same ambience.

Why would BB have to close? Wouldn't most of the rehab take place in the show building outside the berm? There's only one AA in the BB area... the guy on the porch... and how many digital sound upgrades would be needed? All I hear in that area is some cricket chirps and a little quiet banjo strumming by the guy rocking?

Other than the lack of boats going by, I can't see how the BB area would be effected by the rehab, or need to be closed for more than a day or two... for minor work.

But, then again, I have no info one way or the other... I'm just trying to apply logic :confused:

Jon

stinkerbell
04-29-2005, 06:50 AM
OMG. We'll be there Dec. 9-14 with heartbroken kids! :eek: Let's hope they finish a bit early? ;)

Monte Cristo
04-29-2005, 07:08 AM
OMG. We'll be there Dec. 9-14 with heartbroken kids! :eek: Let's hope they finish a bit early? ;)

Hey - at least you'll have one day of Piratey goodness.

Normally our holiday trip is November, but this year we're doing December - first day is the 13th. Looks like we dodged a bullit.

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
04-29-2005, 07:09 AM
did anyone else hear the whole "jack sparrow" rumor besides me??? I heard something about using his voice and possibly having an acutal AA of him on the ride.

just curious...

like i said though, its just something i heard on the rumor mill

bradk
04-29-2005, 07:11 AM
there are other posts that cover this. reportedly there's one being added to the WDW version. no official word on DLR, but the other rumored changes would allow for his addition, but word has it those changes aren't necessarily being considered at the moment.

GrumpyUTboi
04-29-2005, 07:36 AM
Well that changes our DL trip plans. I didn't want to spend $7000 at WDW because we could spend $3500 at DL and buy much more souviners, but I guess that we will be heading to WDW instead of DL.

This sure chaps my !!!! :mad: