PDA

View Full Version : Parking Structure to open at 6 AM on May 4th

Darkbeer
04-28-2005, 08:46 AM
I have been corresponding with folks at KTLA regarding their live broadcast on May 4th. I have been assured by the Marketing Sales Director that the Parking Structure will open at 6 AM to allow those guests attending the broadcast a chance to park.

jennia
04-28-2005, 09:17 AM
That's cool!!

Is there someplace online that tells the normal hours for the parking garage? Living 1 1/2 to 2 hours away from DLR right now, we've never made it there as early as I have planned to (and would like to) but I've been curious how early the garage opens. I thought I read it opens at the same time as the park but that would mean APs couldn't make it for rope drop.

If we go May 5, I'd like to get there early enough to see the big ceremony, etc.

Darkbeer
04-28-2005, 09:27 AM
The basic schedule is one hour prior to when the first guests can enter the park, so on days that have Early Entry (Mon, Tues, Thur and Sat), the structure opens 2 hours prior to posted opening, and on the other 3, one hour prior to park opening.

Of course things are always subject to change, and that the Guest Relations folks don't have a schedule, so they will always say one hour prior to park opening, even if the structure might be opening earlier. This way, the don't create complaints that folks showed up to a closed gate.

For example, they have been saying 8 AM openings for both the 4th and 5th on the phone, but as I found out, it actually opens at 6 AM.