PDA

View Full Version : Perfect days to go near Christmas

Lekta
04-28-2005, 08:28 AM
My wife and I have never seen the park in the Christmas season and we have heard how marvelous it sounds. We were considering going down there during that season this year for 3 days. What we really would like to do is avoid crowds, as the last 2 visits the park has been packed to limit nearly. I have heard that the time in between Thanksgiving and Christmas is the slowest time, is this true. Does that hold throughout all those weeks or is there a time slot there that would be considered the slowest?

Thank you all kindly!

sediment
04-28-2005, 08:32 AM
My wife and I have never seen the park in the Christmas season and we have heard how marvelous it sounds. We were considering going down there during that season this year for 3 days. What we really would like to do is avoid crowds, as the last 2 visits the park has been packed to limit nearly. I have heard that the time in between Thanksgiving and Christmas is the slowest time, is this true. Does that hold throughout all those weeks or is there a time slot there that would be considered the slowest?

Thank you all kindly!
Midweek, between TxGiv+4 and 12/18. Nights get crowded the first week or two, as some of the AP holders need to see their parade/fireworks/snow. First week in December has one or two night-time, CM-only parties in DL, and DCA is likely to close at 6 on those nights as well (if last year is any indication). Check here often for which nights these will be.

bradk
04-28-2005, 08:32 AM
the week after thanksgiving is historically one of the slowest periods (for both resorts for that matter). anytime in november-december would be good except for holiday periods, weekends, and candle processions.

Mommy2NicknMax
04-28-2005, 08:33 AM
I like the second week in December. But go during the week and avoid Saturdays and Sundays. While I was there last December I walked right on most rides up to about lunch time. The only time it felt really crowded to me was during the fireworks.

Have a wonderful time!!

Lekta
04-28-2005, 07:10 PM
Thanks so much!

Pirate Princess
04-28-2005, 08:03 PM
I actually had a similar question... does everyone think the 13-14 would be good? Are kids still in school? <--- that's the big question

BQ2
04-29-2005, 05:51 AM
I actually had a similar question... does everyone think the 13-14 would be good? Are kids still in school? <--- that's the big question

We will be there Dec 13-14. Usually not bad on this week in Dec. :cool:

stinkerbell
04-29-2005, 06:47 AM
We'll be there Dec. 9-14 this year, for my daughter's fifth bday on 12/13.....then the kids go back to school for two days....and then they're off for Winter break. :D The teachers will hate us!

We've gone the week after Christmas (2004) and we've gone the week after Thanksgiving (2001). With the park closing so early the week after Thanksgiving and the park being open so late the week after Christmas, we were able to do the same amount of things.

On the early closure nights, we went to Goofy's Kitchen for dinner, and the weather was better that week. We only had some sprinkles on our last afternoon.

But we really loved our Christmas trip.....the heavy rains kept the crowds down a bit, even though I'd read that the weather wouldn't keep people away that week. Not true! We had two evenings where we could just run from one thing to the next, because thousands left during some rain at about 6 p.m. and they never came back! It was so wonderful! We were able to walk on everything in NOS right after dinner.

Unfortunately....weather is unpredictable, and it doesn't mean that it can't pour in early December. :D