PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean...

BELLEH5
01-17-2002, 01:23 PM
I have heard this over and over by several people and I would like to know if this rumor is true? Is there a Pirate in this attraction that looks like Walt Disney? I've heard that the Partners Statue of him was copied from a mask Walt made for this attraction. Does anyone have any info? This has been bugging me forever thanks!!!

mad4mky
01-17-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by BELLEH5
I have heard this over and over by several people and I would like to know if this rumor is true? Is there a Pirate in this attraction that looks like Walt Disney? I've heard that the Partners Statue of him was copied from a mask Walt made for this attraction. Does anyone have any info? This has been bugging me forever thanks!!!

I can't answer that question. There are so many trivia people on this board whom I sure will. But, I can tell you that there is a pirate that was specifically made to look like the famous comedian Sid Cesear. He was a long time friend of Walt's.
He is in the jail...he is one of the pirates trying to get the key from the dog.:)

zapppop
01-17-2002, 03:04 PM
Nope. Walt's not there or in The Haunted Mansion or any other ride in the park.

Ace
01-17-2002, 04:39 PM
now that you mention it.... it seems like a good idea and a bad idea at the same time.... it would be the hidden mickey to end all others....but Walt's not very pirate like.

Dreamstaker
01-17-2002, 05:35 PM
This may or may not be true as even CM's make stuff up.

But, when I went on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. Our guide said that yes, Walt did have a face mask done for the Pirates with a little changes to make it pirate like.

She said it is one of the men who is being chased by the Fat Lady, but would not say which one.

I have looked carefully after that and really can't tell for sure.
If it's true, I vote for the guy with the beard.

BELLEH5
01-17-2002, 09:39 PM
I think thats where I heard about Walt's Pirate, on the Walk in Walt's footstep tour. Is it true or are CM''s messing with are heads?

Nigel2
01-17-2002, 10:21 PM
Let see, most of the rumors say that it is one of the men that were in line to be dunked (which I seriously doubt), but since I don't have any sources for the pirates that were removed I can't give a 100% sure no answer.

tinkfreak
01-18-2002, 07:53 PM
[i]

She said it is one of the men who is being chased by the Fat Lady, but would not say which one.[/B]

Uh, isn't there only one man being chased by the fat lady?

Nigel2
01-18-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by tinkfreak

Uh, isn't there only one man being chased by the fat lady?

No they added another one in a little while after the PC Nazis made them change it.