PDA

View Full Version : August vs. October/November

Savage1701
04-28-2005, 07:06 AM
Can anyone tell me how much busier DLP is in August vs. the Fall? We were originally thinking of coming in October or November but I see that basically either POC or Haunted Mansion is closed. We do not want to miss either. Any info would really be appreciated. Thanks.

04-28-2005, 07:09 AM
DLP or DLR?

Savage1701
04-28-2005, 07:35 AM
DLP or DLR?
Both Disneyland Park and on-property resorts.

04-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Thanks, Savage1701. DLP is generally understood to be Disneyland Paris.

We went to the Disneyland resort last early October. The weather was fabulous, the crowds not bad at all, and the Haunted Mansion overlay that they do special at that time of the year terrific.

bradk
04-28-2005, 07:47 AM
can't really help you out on the POTC issue. i would gladly choose october over august for both the weather and the crowds, but the same would be true up through february, barring any weekends and holidays.

DorisZ
04-28-2005, 08:27 AM
I have gone in October and August.

Although it is hotter and more crowded, DH likes August better because everthing is usually up and running--oh and he likes to ocean fish in August.

But hopefully, I have him talked into an October trip this year. I think every month has advantages/disadvantages it just depends on what you want to do.

squuggy
04-28-2005, 08:28 AM
Here's another vote for October. My trip last October gave me minimal crowds, many more ride opportunities (even though many rides were down for refurb), little waiting in food service, and ideal weather. The general feeling that I got was that there was no better time of year to experience Disneyland. Going back this October.

bradk
04-28-2005, 08:31 AM
other than POTC (and HM and IASW for their overlays), i would expect very few attractions to be down in the offseason this year. they've essentially gone through and put most of the attractions through rehab already this year to be up and running in full by may 5.

it's still possible something else may go down, but i'm sure it'll be planned long in advance.

CptJackSparrow
04-28-2005, 08:32 AM
We went last Nov. and waited for no more than 5-10 minutes during the week and not much longer on Friday/Sat. Our first day there was Tues and we went on the jungle cruise, indy, pirates, mansion, splash, and thunder with no wait at all on any of them right after walking into the park. We are going back in Oct. this year and hope it is about the same.

Tink2060
04-28-2005, 01:00 PM
CptJack
You said that you went to Disneyland last Nov. What part, early Nov. or late? We are thinking about going in Nov. this year and were wondering when it wont be so crowded. Thanks!

CptJackSparrow
04-28-2005, 01:09 PM
First week--11/2-11/6--The crowds were very light until Friday, and even then was not too bad. I highly recommend that time of year--I would wait until then this fall, but we want to go for my wife's B-day in Oct.

CoasterChickie
04-28-2005, 01:43 PM
I was there last year on Labor Day weekend and it was great...nice and hot, not too bad of crowds and the longer hours and special events were taking place since it was a holiday weekend. The hotel rates were good too!

Ooops, just realized you asked about August or October/November, not September. If you don't like big crowds, you'd be better off waiting till the fall. :)