PDA

View Full Version : Re: Disney update Jan 16

JimG
01-17-2002, 12:14 PM
Many thanks for the latest update.

I last visited Disneyland the first week of September, 2001 (Labor Day week). I wish to comment on a few matters.

I was shocked when I noticed paint actually "sagging" on an exterior of the "pedestrian walk" above the area of the main New Orleans Square street that leads to the Blue Bayou restaurant. I hope this issue has been addressed by now, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it, given the present Disney management.

Likewise, I noticed that Tom Sawyer was/is in poor repair. If the Disney Company has any decency at all they'll authorize renovations for Tom Sawyer Island (Walt himself designed it!!).

Regarding the Disney Company censoring of the DVD "Disney Opening Day": I had thought this "Disney Treasure Issue" was supposed to be the entire program! However, I actually viewed the thing on TV in 1955 (I was eight years old, but had/have an excellent memory <ahem>), and the Mouseketeers' section is most certainly *missing*. Geez, how paranoid and stupid can Disney get?

Best,

Jim G

Nigel2
01-17-2002, 09:38 PM
Well remember (assuming you read the other thread in the entertainment section) they said that one of the possibilites that they cut that sceene was becuase the kids wanted to be paid again for it.