PDA

View Full Version : Golden Teacup

mkcbunny
04-27-2005, 07:21 PM
I saw reference and a photo of a certain "Golden Teacup" at DL mentioned on MiceAge, 4/26/05. Can anyone tell me where this Golden Teacup is, exactly?

Scroll down a bit, here:
http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al042605a.htm

disneyguy247
04-27-2005, 07:26 PM
http://www.miboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24396

The golden teacup is located next to the mad tea party. The link also has picsof the other golden vehicles(covered up, of course).

mkcbunny
04-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Ah, OK, thanks. In that pic, I can tell where it is. Sooooooo excited!!!!

RemainSeatedPlease
04-27-2005, 11:45 PM
"Certainly the small community of rabid Disney fans online can get excited about new 50th Anniversary napkins..."

That's us!! ;) ...i like the teacup idea!

CrazyTrain
04-28-2005, 09:30 AM
Awesome!! :fez:

mkcbunny
04-28-2005, 09:48 AM
"Certainly the small community of rabid Disney fans online can get excited about new 50th Anniversary napkins..."
That's us!! ;)
Oh, I know! Who'd think you could get so excited abou a napkin?

ChipmunkStar
04-28-2005, 10:11 AM
There's now another Golden Vehicle out. Jingles the horse is on the Carousel, covered in a similar blue velvet cloth, just waiting to be ridden. I can't wait to see him back!

bradk
04-28-2005, 10:16 AM
there's a photo of a covered jingles on page 4 of the above thread.

jennia
04-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Who knew the horse's name was Jingles? (Obviously not me!)
:confused: :confused: :confused: Then for the next stupid question, *how* do you know that? And while I'm at it- are all the animals on the carosel named?

bradk
04-28-2005, 11:32 AM
gotta love this site.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=37131
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=28784

to paraphrase, jingles was the first horse purchased for the carousel (all the horses were 'rescued' from pre-existing carousels) and is known to be Walt's personal favorite.

and yes, they are all named. the names are known, but not particularly which horse is which. although there are probably people out there who could identify quite a few, you can always try asking a CM.

jennia
04-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I do love this site!! So is *that* the Belle that SDFilmCritic is always referring to? :D

All That Glitters...
04-28-2005, 01:11 PM
As of at least yesterday, there are also two Dumbos covered in the luxurious blue velvet with the 50th logo on them. One stationary Dumbo to the side of the ride for taking pictures in and one that is flying. I took a picture of him in the air yesterday because he looked so cute--like a phantom Dumbo!

bradk
04-28-2005, 01:20 PM
yes, word is (and the pictures support it), each attraction will have a second gold vehicle off the ride as a 'photo op'

i believe the covered non-ride dumbo is in one of the photos as well, altho it looks like he's a tad bit away from the attraction.

jennia
04-28-2005, 01:30 PM
It looked like the photo op Dumbo might be in the same place the old photo op Dumbo used to be. If so he's actually right at the ride in a gated area that connects into the fencing around the ride toward the left side/ back of the dumbo ride (if you were looking at it from the "front" of the Dumbo ride in Fantasyland.

I **LOVE** the photo op ride cars!!! I have been missing them on our trips recently. I'm so glad that they be back soon.

Disney Vault
04-28-2005, 02:18 PM
http://www.miboards.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9256

Here is a picture of the gold toad vehicle.

CrazyTrain
04-29-2005, 08:42 AM
I would _assume_ that the photo Dumbo is in the same spot as the other one, since that space has been empty for awhile. Which, yes, is just behind the attraction, not far away at all :)

TikiGeek
04-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Oh, I know! Who'd think you could get so excited abou a napkin?I got excited about the 50th logo pizza trays :geek: Yeah, I know, I need help :D

mkcbunny
04-29-2005, 04:22 PM
I always bring a napkin back as a souvenier. It's even cheaper than a pressed penny!

evrythngwmn
04-29-2005, 04:52 PM
I always bring a napkin back as a souvenier. It's even cheaper than a pressed penny!

And actually probably more valuable. I have a friend who collects Disney paper goods. He has a box only slightly larger than a ream of paper worth several thousand dollars filled with things like napkins, popcorn boxes, bags, maps and tickets. According to him many people don't think to save such things thus making them a more valuable collectible than the normal things people collect. And they're free to begin with.

mary_poppins
04-29-2005, 05:13 PM
im loving all the gold...
and the cars-its like something from 'pimp my ride'-looks like the guys from west coast customs have taken over!
i cannot wait to see it all-
7 days and countin!
J

MrsG
04-29-2005, 06:53 PM
And actually probably more valuable. I have a friend who collects Disney paper goods. He has a box only slightly larger than a ream of paper worth several thousand dollars filled with things like napkins, popcorn boxes, bags, maps and tickets. According to him many people don't think to save such things thus making them a more valuable collectible than the normal things people collect. And they're free to begin with.
I do that too. :geek: The last several weeks I've noticed that all the napkins have been plain - just waiting for the 50th napkins to come out!

mraw
04-29-2005, 07:57 PM
http://www.miboards.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9256

Here is a picture of the gold toad vehicle.

Is there a reason why the Toad vehicle is uncovered and the others aren't?

Disney Vault
04-29-2005, 08:13 PM
Is there a reason why the Toad vehicle is uncovered and the others aren't?
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe just a teaser of what is to come :confused:

itig
04-29-2005, 09:16 PM
Like the Toady car...very cool looking!

SCUBAbe
04-29-2005, 09:19 PM

pressed pennies are the most expensive thngs in the park...you get to spend 50 cents to ruin a penny...or so my Bf says...LOL