PDA

View Full Version : May cast member previews

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
04-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Anyone have any idea what these might be? A friend who is a CM called today and said she had picked up tickets for May 22 and asked if I would like to join her, the only info she had was there would be previews of the 50th anniversary celebration(maybe there are going to be surprises for July 17th) and we could get a discount on food. The park is open that night, so I have no idea what could be going on.

DJ_MENTOS
04-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Space Mountain Previews.

kbanmen
04-27-2005, 04:09 PM
not sure I ahve to get my ticekts still.. I here they are for the fireworks and the parade though.. but it is with the guests..

AaronInCal
04-27-2005, 04:30 PM
Its basically the (late) previews of the new parades at Disneyland and California Adventure and the new firework show. May 22 is the last day.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
04-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Space Mountain Previews.

That would be cool, but somehow I think that is still too early for a CM preview.

As far as previewing the parades, the park is open normal hours so anything open to CM's in that regard would be open to the public, wouldn't it?

sediment
04-27-2005, 04:39 PM
That would be cool, but somehow I think that is still too early for a CM preview.

As far as previewing the parades, the park is open normal hours so anything open to CM's in that regard would be open to the public, wouldn't it?
CM's can flash their badge, not unlike CM previews for TOT. And that does seem a bit early for Space previews. I mean, CM Matt wants that thing open as early as possible. Surely it's not completely finished, though it is supposedly safe to ride.

AaronInCal
04-27-2005, 04:40 PM
yeah, it's during regular park hours. So CM's and their family/friends will be mixed in with the regular day Guests

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
04-27-2005, 04:43 PM
CM's can flash their badge, not unlike CM previews for TOT. And that does seem a bit early for Space previews. I mean, CM Matt wants that thing open as early as possible. Surely it's not completely finished, though it is supposedly safe to ride.

I should have clarified, what I meant about the park being open to the public was in regards to parades and fireworks. Why would a CM need a special ticket to watch these if the park is open.

I didn't get to go to the TOT preview, but my CM friend said she just took her husband and a friend (kids too short to ride) and they took her ticket for the ride and as long as they stayed near the TOT they could ride over and over again. SO I would assume any SM preview would be the same way.

sediment
04-27-2005, 05:23 PM
I should have clarified, what I meant about the park being open to the public was in regards to parades and fireworks. Why would a CM need a special ticket to watch these if the park is open.

I didn't get to go to the TOT preview, but my CM friend said she just took her husband and a friend (kids too short to ride) and they took her ticket for the ride and as long as they stayed near the TOT they could ride over and over again. SO I would assume any SM preview would be the same way.
Yes, you are right. Maybe it's just a special extra ticket given to CMs in addition to the entry benefits already provided (e.g.: three others on the CM pass, plus a number of additional passes). I don't see how special it could be, as you said, during open park hours.

evrythngwmn
04-28-2005, 09:25 AM
Yes, you are right. Maybe it's just a special extra ticket given to CMs in addition to the entry benefits already provided (e.g.: three others on the CM pass, plus a number of additional passes). I don't see how special it could be, as you said, during open park hours.

Basically what you said. There were supposed to be actual CM previews at the end of April but for whatever reasons they didn't happen. So instead they're giving us what the guy at the Team Center called a Free-View. Tickets to go to both parks and check out the new stuff for the 50th that don't count against our maingate pass. And yes they are during regular park operating hours.

Wesley815
04-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Space Mountain Previews.Nope.

As others have said it's just an extra free ticket to the park to bring in friends/family and enjoy the new shows (with day guests during normal park hours) without having to "sign them in" and use up spots on CM's Main Gate pass.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
04-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Nope.

As others have said it's just an extra free ticket to the park to bring in friends/family and enjoy the new shows (with day guests during normal park hours) without having to "sign them in" and use up spots on CM's Main Gate pass.

That would make sense. She must have been really unsure what these were for and grabbed the tickets just in case as we are all AP holders.