PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report, April 21-25, DL & DCA!

miss_sonja
04-27-2005, 02:38 PM
We're all still recovering from exhaustion, but it was a great trip. Here's a fairly rough report, mostly rough because at the end of the day I'd forgotten what we'd done!

We are: Julia (me), Tim (DH), Kiera (5), Arwen (22 months), Heather (Tim's sister), Logan (4) her son, and John (grandpa)

Day 1 (Thursday)

We left Seattle on the 10:23 a.m. Alaska Air flight to Orange County. Uneventful flight--the baby slept, the big girl coloured, chatted, etc. Easy peasy. We found Grandpa John easily at the airport and proceeded to baggage claim; then found a taxi van to our hotel, the Candy Cane Inn. It's pleasant enough, although we weren't able to get three non-smoking rooms. Haven't yet tried the pool. I wish breakfast started earlier than 7, though that might be early enough for us with 7 people to motivate!

Once we dropped our luggage in the one available room when we arrived, we headed for the Park! First day of our 5 day park hoppers. A leisurely walk down Main Street ended at the Plaza Inn, where three adults, a five year old and a 22 month year old shared one adult and one child chicken dinner and a salad. Boy, they sure give you a lot of food! After lunch, we headed for Buzz Lightyear and got fastpasses. Then, we tried Autopia but the line was too long. So, three of our party went on Star Tours while I shopped and waited with baby Arwen.

I checked the schedule and saw that the next showing of Snow White the Musical was coming up. We went to watch that, enjoyed some ice cream sandwiches and waited for the rest of our group to arrive at the Park.

What else did we do?? Teacups, Dumbo...train...anything else? Can't remember!

We confirmed this trip that you can use your fastpass anytime after the opening time. We did get one mention of it, at Splash Mountain, but no worries. Made frequent use of the child swap pass too--those are great, such a nice feature for those of us with tiny ones.
More later!