PDA

View Full Version : Staking a spot for the parade

Jwebbal
04-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Can someone give me advice on finding and staking out good spots for the parade on the 5th? I have never been a spot staker, and could use some expert advice. How does one do this? At what time? I want to do the tour so I can get good spots for the parade, but then I might want to do the tour on a different day so I can take advantage of all the cool things on the 5th, still not sure. What kind of things do you think there will be on the 5th? I would like to see Wally Boag (he was a member of my church).

Thanks in advance!

04-28-2005, 04:39 AM
Spot stalkers out there - yeah, you!

Any suggestions?

DCAWhites
04-28-2005, 03:47 PM
If you want to see two different show stops aim for coke corner or right around king triton's gardens. These are the only two places that get two stops.

Jwebbal
04-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Thank you so much! Finally some advice. Now, anyone care to tell me how far in advance I should find a spot and sit?

AVP
04-28-2005, 04:27 PM
It's really hard to give you advice on a parade that has not yet begun public performances. Maybe you could check back the night of the 4th and those who got to go to the private event could give you better pointers.

AVP

kimk
04-28-2005, 06:03 PM
In reference to post #1...Is there currently a Disneyland tour which offers priority seating for the new parade? I haven't heard of this but if it exists I want to reserve a spot!! :)

AVP
04-28-2005, 06:44 PM
In reference to post #1...Is there currently a Disneyland tour which offers priority seating for the new parade? I haven't heard of this but if it exists I want to reserve a spot!! :)Yes - it's the new tour, which went on sale yesterday. If you're going to Disneyland on May 5th, we have one spot open on the 12:15 tour. (MousePlanet booked the entire tour)

AVP

Jwebbal
04-28-2005, 08:25 PM
It's really hard to give you advice on a parade that has not yet begun public performances

But isnt the advice the same for any parade? Staking a spot has been done for years, I just have never done it and could use some advice from someone who has. How early do you find a spot and sit? How do you save a spot?

cstephens
04-28-2005, 08:34 PM
But isnt the advice the same for any parade? Staking a spot has been done for years, I just have never done it and could use some advice from someone who has. How early do you find a spot and sit? How do you save a spot?

Well, yes and no as far as is it the same for every parade. This is a brand new parade, so there's probably going to be more interest from people who want to see it, and it depends on what day you're doing it. I would expect that you wouldn't need to wait as long on a weekday versus a weekend day. The last parade had been around for 5 years, so a lot of people probably weren't even watching it anymore, so you could probably just wait 30 - 40 minutes before the parade and still get a good spot. With the new parade, you may need to wait an hour or two beforehand if you want to get a good spot, and I'm not sure that information will be available until it's been running for a week or two, and then you'll have to factor in summer crowds if you're coming then. Also, the last parade didn't have any stops, so it didn't matter that much where you wanted to sit. Once this parade has been around for a while, people may begin to figure out where they specifically want to sit to see a particular float, so that might affect waiting as well.

As for how, you can use things like jackets and bags and some people even bring towels and blankets to save space.

Gone2Disneyland
04-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Yes - it's the new tour, which went on sale yesterday. If you're going to Disneyland on May 5th, we have one spot open on the 12:15 tour. (MousePlanet booked the entire tour)

AVP

Can you tell me more about the new tour and drop the link where there's more information? Thanks.

cstephens
04-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Can you tell me more about the new tour and drop the link where there's more information? Thanks.

Here's the link to the MousePad discussion thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=41017) about the new tour, which also contains the link to the MousePlanet column which has been updated with the tour info.

Gone2Disneyland
04-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Here's the link to the MousePad discussion thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=41017) about the new tour, which also contains the link to the MousePlanet column which has been updated with the tour info.

Thanks a lot.