PDA

View Full Version : Parking at hotels?

CrazyTrain
04-27-2005, 10:59 AM
First, are there even any area hotels that have vacancy on May 4th without inflated prices? Nothing like planning a last minute stay. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of just staying in Anaheim May 4th since I'd have to deal with rush hour traffic and parking issues.

But would any hotel let me park in the parking lot after I'd checked out? Obviously I'd have to check out early on May 5th.

Thanks. :)

stan4d_steph
04-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Most hotels will allow you to remain parked in their lots on checkout day. I would just confirm with the hotel when making a reservation.

Andrew
04-27-2005, 11:16 AM
I've never had a problem doing so, at any Anaheim-area hotel. Considering that most of them are now extorting charging for parking, it's the least they can do.

Jwebbal
04-27-2005, 11:27 AM
As for hotels, we have a cheap 3 star room ($45) at the Hyatt for May 4 and 5 that we got on priceline. Staying at the Hyatt, great hotel. Not close however. They do have a shuttle, but the start late I beleive? Could be wrong. We are contemplating taking a cab to the park from the hotel. They do charge for parking and have no problems with you still being there after checkout, as the charge is for 24 hrs.

CrazyTrain
04-27-2005, 12:04 PM
I think I might try Priceline... I just reread the thread about it. That's the about the cheapest I've found in my quick search.

CrazyTrain
04-27-2005, 01:16 PM
So... I did Priceline and got Anabella which was the only one out of "the list" that I didn't want to get. :( Oh well. I just went to the site and it says that the regular rooms aren't available that night... Interesting since that's what I got?

bradk
04-27-2005, 01:50 PM
whose site? anabella's?

the hotel itself may technically be sold out, but that may be due in part to consolidators who have already purchased rooms with the intent to resell them, so if they aren't available though the hotel, it doesn't mean there are still no rooms to be had.

a couple of searches still show that castle is available for $55, penny sleeper is available for $45, carousel at $69, anabella at $69, tropicana at $79, hojo at $99, candy cane at $102, park vue at $103 and i'll stop there.

grandmotherof10
04-27-2005, 02:50 PM
whose site? anabella's?

the hotel itself may technically be sold out, but that may be due in part to consolidators who have already purchased rooms with the intent to resell them, so if they aren't available though the hotel, it doesn't mean there are still no rooms to be had.

a couple of searches still show that castle is available for $55, penny sleeper is available for $45, carousel at $69, anabella at $69, tropicana at $79, hojo at $99, candy cane at $102, park vue at $103 and i'll stop there.

Was wondering where you are finding such good rates on hotel rooms as I have not been able to find any rates that good. Could you give me a hint of where to look?

bradk
04-27-2005, 03:28 PM
i used two sources: kayak.com and travelaxe.com. they both search multiple travel web sites and present the best deal to you. all of those rates with exception to castle came through travelaxe.

CrazyTrain
04-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Yes, Anabellas site.
Well, at least I got it for less than $69. ;)

cstephens
04-28-2005, 10:36 AM
When we found out we were going on the 4th, we decided to try to get a room that night nearby since we're also going to be there on the 5th. My husband tried the Sheraton (we've stayed there before and really like the hotel) but he said their prices were really high. So he went to expedia instead and got a room in a hotel across the street at a reasonable price. This would have been about a week ago. As far as the parking, we figured we'd ask when we checked in if we could leave the car there on the 5th or if we'd need to move it to the parking structure.

BayAreaDisneyFan
04-28-2005, 11:12 AM
We stayed at the Hyatt a couple of weeks ago for a couple of nights over spring break. The shuttle left Hyatt every 30 minutes, beginning 30 minutes before the park's scheduled opening. Get to the shuttle stop early though - it was packed like sardines! Everyone at Hyatt got on, but at the next stop I don't think they all fit.

Last shuttle was I think 50 minutes after the park closed (they leave Hyatt at the top and bottom of the hour, leave DL at :20 and :50), and was also packed.

We took the car the second day since we have PAP with parking and wanted to get there earlier. It was our first time at the parking structure - we were very impressed. The kids even counted the tram ride as the "first ride of the day." Why can't airport parking work so efficiently?

CrazyTrain
04-28-2005, 01:47 PM
There's no shttle at Anabella, and from what I've read it's a 15 minuteish walk. They said that I can leave my car there' til 11 p.m. But if the garage opens at 6, I might just drive over there in the morning. Shorter walk that night, possible more frustration in the morning. Decisions decisions! *LOL*

TikiGeek
04-28-2005, 01:55 PM
I've never had a problem doing so, at any Anaheim-area hotel. Considering that most of them are now extorting charging for parking, it's the least they can do.Is HoJo's charging a parking fee now?

Darkbeer
04-28-2005, 03:43 PM
HoJo's parking is still free for Hotel Guests...

I strongly recommend that you do NOT park in the lot if you do not have a parking permit (Hotel Guests are issued passes when they check in). HoJo's uses a towing service, and they show up at the strangest times.

If you plan to visit someone at HoJo's for more than a few minutes, I would stop by the Front Desk and get a permit.