PDA

View Full Version : "Suits" at Disneyland

CrazyTrain
04-27-2005, 10:12 AM
I noticed this on Monday...

There seemed to be a lot of "suits" working and observing at the attractions. People (just men from what I can remember) dressed nicely and with name tags. I started noticing them when I interacted with one at the Tiki Room, but I saw them at quite a few attractions.

Anyone know who they are/what they were doing?

ForgetmyNDA
04-27-2005, 10:23 AM
I noticed this on Monday...

There seemed to be a lot of "suits" working and observing at the attractions. People (just men from what I can remember) dressed nicely and with name tags. I started noticing them when I interacted with one at the Tiki Room, but I saw them at quite a few attractions.

Anyone know who they are/what they were doing?

By no means an official source, But I have noticed them lately as well, From past experience, I am going to assume they are a higher form of quality control, Alot of them walk around with the trash picker upper things and clipboards, So it seems as though they are just ensuring everything is "Disneyeque" at all times. Thats my two cents.

olegc
04-27-2005, 10:41 AM
Was one of them Agent Smith ;)

tod
04-27-2005, 11:55 AM
I remember two encounters with Disney suits.

When Splash Mountain was getting ready to open, the west side of the park was crawling with "suits" and "ties" (A "tie" is not quite a suit yet, but is sure-as-hell working on it.) Two of them, twenty-something, dressed in their best dressed-for-success hemline-at-the-knee business suits, were walking down the hill into Critter Country, leading with their left shoulders to show off their nametags, chattering away, proudly strutting as if they had actually done something besides getting an MBA a few months ago.

Also standing in the walkway was a toddler. All by herself. Lost. Terrified. Screaming.

The two little business-suited MBAs walked right by without even looking at the toddler. A minimum-wage sweeper approached the toddler a minute later and took care of her.

But it was a long minute.

When I was working at a Disney-produced game show, the place was overrun on Friday tape days with business-suited yups I used to call "the Disney Drones." They stood in small groups introducing themselves to each other and walked around like they had produced the show themselves. Instead of dropping by to take off early from work on a Friday, meet Dick Clark and cadge free food.

When the show began to tank, the Drones stopped coming by. Probably started hanging out at Home Improvement.

I saw a bunch of suits at the north end of The Plaza yesterday, probably scoping out camera locations for next Thursday. I didn't recognize Cast Member Matt, but I was trying not to stare.

You'll excuse me if I look at the incursion of suits into the onstage area with a jaundiced eye.

--t

Flint
04-27-2005, 04:45 PM
proudly strutting as if they had actually done something besides getting an MBA a few months ago.I'm thinking about adding on an MBA when I head back to school this fall. I figure, what-the-heck, it's just an extra weekend's worth of work at the most... ;-) :fez: :D :~D

nsyncitnd1787
04-27-2005, 07:50 PM
when i was there in March (16-18), i saw a whole lot of suits. they were all smiles when i passed them. or they would say hello, i thought that was nice. on the 17th when Buzz opened, i heard them talking business b/c i was standing right by like 10 of them. of course i wasn't TRYING to ease drop. it just kinda happened (~wink wink~). they were saying how nice it looked and they were talking about how the kids and parents were reacting. it was a very interesting conversation to listen to. they didn't see me staring at them since i had my sunglasses on. very MIB or CIA of me i'd like to think.

RStar
04-27-2005, 10:52 PM
I was there Tue. and noticed large groups of suits (about 12-15 each), both men and ladies, and they had ID lanyards and a large manila envelope. There were at least three of these groups on Main Street. I figured they were doing some sort of new hire training.

CrazyTrain
04-28-2005, 10:15 AM
I figured as such.
The guy I interacted with sure didn't seem like he wanted to be there though. Didn't make me want to talk to him at all, but finally I did, since all the CMs were busy.

crazi4dlr
04-28-2005, 11:31 AM
I was there Tue. and noticed large groups of suits (about 12-15 each), both men and ladies, and they had ID lanyards and a large manila envelope. There were at least three of these groups on Main Street. I figured they were doing some sort of new hire training.

Maybe they were all part of The Amazing Race and they were looking for their next clue....???? :confused: