PDA

View Full Version : 50th Tour [merged]

Pages : [1] 2 3

ozbeauticn
04-27-2005, 07:38 AM
Tickets are on sale starting yesterday! They are all still open because no one knows anything about it..

From what I could find out, there are 4 tours each day. The morning tour gets you entrance to 5 attractions, the two middle tours get 3 attractions plus priority seating to the new parade, the last one gets 3 attractions plus priority seating to the fireworks(hopefully good seats). PLUS each person gets a tour pin, a replica of the ABCDE ticket books, and a commemorative photo. The tour is 3 and a half hours long and they tell you the history of the park, backstage stuff, cast member stories, and whats going on for the 50th. It's $55 with no discount, but I am SO excited! We just lucked out by calling and asking if they were doing anything new! The CM said that the tour so far was only running from May 5-26, but that doesn't sound right.

Anyway, I thought I would share that with y'all! I can't wait til next week!!

(On my Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour the tourguide has said how he wanted to walk the peoplemover track during the new 50th tour, maybe somehow it happened? though I doubt it...)

AVP
04-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Hmmm... tickets were not supposed to go on sale until today!

MousePlanet has booked the 50th Anniversary Tour for 12:15 on May 5th. If you would like to join us, please PM me to reserve a spot.

AVP

bradk
04-27-2005, 09:11 AM
i called and got some more info, but there seems to be some unknowns in terms of which tour gets you priority seating for what. i was hoping to figure out what would get me PS for the parade of dreams at 4:00 but it all seemed kind of muddled (there's a tour at 12:15 and 4:00) and she almost seemed to talk me out of it saying that since there's only one of me, it'd be easy enough to wrangle myself a good spot regardless.

i guess they also have a list of attractions you could go on during a specific tour, but it seemed pointless since that's always subject to change anyway. all i did get was that the morning tour probably includes POTC, BTMRR, Splash, SBLC and I missed the other. she said evening tours would probably include POTC and HM.

she also said each group was limited to 16 people.

Mommy2NicknMax
04-27-2005, 09:14 AM
i called and got some more info, but there seems to be some unknowns in terms of which tour gets you priority seating for what. i was hoping to figure out what would get me PS for the parade of dreams at 4:00 but it all seemed kind of muddled (there's a tour at 12:15 and 4:00) and she almost seemed to talk me out of it saying that since there's only one of me, it'd be easy enough to wrangle myself a good spot regardless.

The 12:15 should get you the POD at 4:00. The 4:00PM tour should get you the 7:30PM POD. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please!

Alex S.
04-27-2005, 09:18 AM
I wonder what the quality of the priority seating for the fireworks is. I don't see how they'd set that up in the hub, so it would likely have to be around the perimeter (much better than anywhere else, of course).

sierranevada
04-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Who do you call for info and/or reservations?

Andrew
04-27-2005, 09:22 AM
See the updated "Ears to the Ground" section of this week's MousePlanet Disneyland Resort Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr050425.htm#NewsAndViews) for full details.

bradk
04-27-2005, 09:33 AM
the second POD is at 7:45. just had to look it up because i remember scheduling myself to see it at 7, but that was during the week. i really want to see it in the day though. gonna have to do some major rescheduling. owell.

as far as the fireworks go, i wonder if it's at the train station. i remember someone mentioning once that the station had seats set up for the fireworks and the CM said they should have checked with city hall, which i was planning on doing just for the heck of it.

cstephens
04-27-2005, 10:42 AM
We figured that even with going on the 4th, there's going to be too many things that we're going to be wanting to do on the 5th, so we won't be joining the tour that day. We'll wave at y'all if we see you. I booked us for the 4pm tour on Friday the 6th. Looking forward to it!

bradk
04-27-2005, 12:39 PM
so i'm probably overextending myself, but i just booked for the 12:15 on 5/21. i figured it would get me the priority viewing for the daytime parade and it'd be better to have a guide getting on the rides than dealing with the mid-afternoon crowds anyway.

oregontraveler
04-27-2005, 12:45 PM
I hope they will be doing this thru the summer since I won't be down 'til August. Can't wait to hear a report, thanks for the info.

Chadsgal
04-27-2005, 01:39 PM
we just called and I think thery are going to do it through the summer. They are having it in June while we are there just told us to call 30 days in advance. We are VERY EXCITED!!! :D

bradk
04-27-2005, 01:41 PM
i'm sure the tour is running throughout the 18 month celebration at the very least. the only context in which may 26 makes sense is that you can only book tours 30 days out, so yesterday would have made may 26th the last available day, but today should be may 27th and so on.

miss bianca
04-27-2005, 01:46 PM
... morning tour probably includes POTC, BTMRR, Splash, SBLC and I missed the other. she said evening tours would probably include POTC and HM. she also said each group was limited to 16 people.

Okay I give, whats SBLC ??

Oh and can you grab FP's for rides while on the tours?

bradk
04-27-2005, 01:52 PM
storybook land canal.

altho when i called the second time to confirm, i was told that there were no particular attractions listed, so i'm not sure if the first cm i spoke to actually had a list or she was just trying to be particularly nice and speculating.

unless the fp grabbing is part of the tour (as it is in the welcome to disneyland tour), i doubt it and wouldn't recommend it, or even asking about it. you're with a group of people getting special privileges so unless the group is doing it as a whole (which wouldn't make sense because you'd really have to collectively decide on which attraction to get them at), it's bordering on being rather inconsiderate as the rest of the group would have to wait for you to do so.

miss bianca
04-27-2005, 02:01 PM
storybook land canal.

altho when i called the second time to confirm, i was told that there were no particular attractions listed, so i'm not sure if the first cm i spoke to actually had a list or she was just trying to be particularly nice and speculating.

unless the fp grabbing is part of the tour (as it is in the welcome to disneyland tour), i doubt it and wouldn't recommend it, or even asking about it. you're with a group of people getting special privileges so unless the group is doing it as a whole (which wouldn't make sense because you'd really have to collectively decide on which attraction to get them at), it's bordering on being rather inconsiderate as the rest of the group would have to wait for you to do so.

Thanks - thats why I asked :)

Also I just called and the CM said that what they do is put attractions in a hat and the guest whose Birthday is closest to July 17th picks out which 5 attractions you get to visit. <--I actually asked her to repeat that because I thought that was so wierd!

winniethesuzie
04-29-2005, 01:52 AM
Does anyone know what are the times for the tours? and am I understanding that there is not a discount for this tour with AP.

cstephens
04-29-2005, 02:28 AM
Does anyone know what are the times for the tours? and am I understanding that there is not a discount for this tour with AP.

I think the exact times vary depending on the day's operating hours, but I think the four times were around 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 6 or 7 pm for the last tour of the day. Nope, no AP discount.

winniethesuzie
04-29-2005, 04:00 AM
I think the exact times vary depending on the day's operating hours, but I think the four times were around 9am, 12noon, 4pm and 6 or 7 pm for the last tour of the day. Nope, no AP discount.

Thanks cstephens for such a prompt reply!

bradk
04-29-2005, 04:06 AM
to be more accurate, i think the first tour of the date coincides with the park opening. for example, when i'm there, on sunday 5/22, the first tour is at 8 am, but since the park opens at 10 am on monday and tuesday, that's when the first tour is.

i think for the rest of the day, the MP park update puts it best. the second would end in time to get seated for the first parade (if there is one), the second ends in time to get seated for the second parade (or first if there is no afternoon parade) and the last tour of the day gets done in time to seat for the fireworks and each tour lasts about 3 1/2 hours, so you can kinda fill in the blanks from that.

kimk
04-29-2005, 08:33 AM
Does anyone know if this tour is recommended for children? Since I have 2 little ones I'm wondering if the rides that correspond with the tour will have height restrictions? Thanks :)

figmentspark
05-03-2005, 01:45 PM
Just found out, I am going to be taking the tour on Saturday afternoon! Very exciting!!

I just had to tell someone!!! :D

millionairegirl
05-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Which time tour are you taking?

I'm very curious to see how the Fireworks viewing area is. I don't want to plunk down $110 until I hear the view is pretty good. The lady I spoke to said they are going to be in the Plaza Gardens area by the Castle. I'm assuming this means the old Carnation Plaza area, but I'm a little mixed up. Anybody knows what the Plaza Gardens mean?

figmentspark
05-03-2005, 01:52 PM

Forgot to mention that, didn't I? I'm taking the second tour of the day. So we get the 3 attractions and the parade seating.

Disneyfun
05-03-2005, 01:59 PM

I'm very curious to see how the Fireworks viewing area is. I don't want to plunk down $110 until I hear the view is pretty good. The lady I spoke to said they are going to be in the Plaza Gardens area by the Castle. I'm assuming this means the old Carnation Plaza area, but I'm a little mixed up. Anybody knows what the Plaza Gardens mean?

When facing the Castle it is to your left. Wehre the stage is. I use to work in the old Carnation Ice Cream shop many years ago. Yes I know I am dating my self.
Anyway it is to the left.
This is were you can find bell and/ or cinderella through out the day.
There is also a short cut to Frontier land and in the short cut is a bathroom that is usaully not too Crowded. However now with the Fireworks I have a feeling the secret is going to get out.