PDA

View Full Version : Rockets 'n Movers 'n Tours... oh my

Doodle Duck
04-27-2005, 06:56 AM
Today's 'Al' had some interesting and dynamic tid bits that were nice to see in writing.

Possibility of People Mover coming to life...the Rockets moving from the entrance and winding up back on top of the Station...that coupled with this weeks Lucas noise about ST's new production and the nice redress of Inoventions (including new paint)...

Thought these things would never be...but the last vesitages of Pressler are being weeded...life just can't get much better!

Matt is a wonder to behold. (and read about.)

Doug

ksejr1
04-27-2005, 10:32 AM
i really hope things go through :D

Disney Vault
04-27-2005, 02:39 PM
I like all the plans but I don't want the rockets to go back up top.

sdfilmcritic
04-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Matt is a wonder to behold. (and read about.)
{{{{{{{{{Group Hug for CM Matt}}}}}}}}}

itig
04-27-2005, 03:28 PM
Who is "Al"?

bradk
04-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Al Lutz of http://www.miceage.com

HorizonsA
04-27-2005, 04:21 PM
I was so happy to read the article. But I am mostly anticipating the relocation of the Astro Orbitor to it's rightful place on the observation deck and the PeopleMover/Rocket Rods track being used again with another attraction!

Maus
04-27-2005, 07:02 PM
I like all the plans but I don't want the rockets to go back up top.

Just curious--why not? On the ground it's just another Dumbo.

mkcbunny
04-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Wow. To be honest, I usually avoid Tomorrowland. With some of these changes, I might be inclined to enjoy it again. I remember People Mover from childhood, and the similar "ride" at WDW-MK, the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, is a real hidden gem. I would love to see PM at DL again.

nsyncitnd1787
04-27-2005, 07:24 PM
i hope that everything will work out. it might cost a lot to move the orbitors back up there, but i think it would be awosome to ride. more adventurious. imo- if the kids are too scared, go on dumbo. if everything happens like i hope it will, Tomorowland will actually be a more-than-an-hour land again! o, it's soo exciting. not getting my hopes up though, just in case. did the same thing with the subs, i didn't want to get all sad about it if it didn't happen. kinda pro- wait, wait, wait... back on subject now. anyway i read that Lucas wants to update S.T. to digital... that was a little confusing to me. what does that mean?

Disney Vault
04-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Just curious--why not? On the ground it's just another Dumbo.
I just think it is a waste of money and I actually like the design of the astro orbitor over the rocket jets. I just think it needs to be painted a new color. And you can start to see things like rooftops and other "ugly" places of disneyland when you get that high. And you might even be able to see outside the park a little which I would really hate.

Disneyfreak
04-27-2005, 08:27 PM
I just think it is a waste of money and I actually like the design of the astro orbitor over the rocket jets. I just think it needs to be painted a new color. And you can start to see things like rooftops and other "ugly" places of disneyland when you get that high. And you might even be able to see outside the park a little which I would really hate.

You can see the roof on peoplemover too should that not come back?

sunfun94
04-27-2005, 09:17 PM
back on subject now. anyway i read that Lucas wants to update S.T. to digital... that was a little confusing to me. what does that mean?

as it is ST runs a film strip for the "show" actually on the attraction....changing to digital would be awesome, clearer, crisper picture etc...

itig
04-27-2005, 09:41 PM
Al Lutz of http://www.miceage.com
Thanks brad...heading there now.

sleepyjeff
04-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Easy fix for the roofs of buildings that might be seen from above by rides such as Sky Way, PeopleMover, Rocket Jets, Matterhorn, etc.

Fantasyland buildings: Flags

Tomorrowland buildings: Solar Panels.

These could be placed on visible building roofs with little or no interference with the machines that are operating up there.

Will this completely obscure ugly sights? No, but it would go a long way towards disguising them so that only APs who visit twice a week and have nothing better to do would notice ;)

RemainSeatedPlease
04-27-2005, 11:19 PM
It would be almost wayy to cool if they brought PM's back!..I guess the rockets would be alright too.... ;)

MsYumiBr
04-28-2005, 02:16 AM
Doesn't anyone remember the Rockets at night? No views of ugly anything; only beautiful city lights and a lit up Disneyland. And let's not forget fireworks. I think Orbiter would be just fine up there.

5hr drive
04-28-2005, 05:28 AM
I was only at the park once back in the days when the rockets were on top of the People Mover load area. Every time I see a picture of them, I kick myself for not riding. I am excited about the PM coming back, and am thrilled that they might finally update the ST movie, but to get a chance to ride the Rocket Jets high atop Tomorrowland would be the ultimate Trip Back to Yesterland. Hooray for Matt!!!

nsyncitnd1787
04-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Tomorrowland buildings: Solar Panels.

not only would they be hiding some of the ugly views, they would be able to use the energy produced by them in the park too. they would be multi-functional

SCUBAbe
04-28-2005, 08:02 PM
not only would they be hiding some of the ugly views, they would be able to use the energy produced by them in the park too. they would be multi-functional

they have solar panels on top of the DLH. I'm not sure what tower though.

I hope they move the orbitor back up high. It's in a really bad spot right now, It makes the entrance to toworland looked cluttered.

jennia
04-28-2005, 08:18 PM
I thought it was really an interesting article, especially the "but is it enough" speculation.