PDA

View Full Version : Picking oranges!

Pages : [1] 2

DisneyBrudy
04-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Hi I was at DCA last year and noticed a nice big round orange growing and was wondering if I could get in trouble for picking it?! It looked mighty juicy!
MMmmMM!

DerrickJ
04-26-2005, 11:04 PM
I would pass, the chemicals to keep bugs away and also the coloring they use to make it look so good would probably get you sick.

stan4d_steph
04-27-2005, 05:53 AM
I don't know that you would get in trouble for picking it, but wouldn't it be better to leave it for other guests to enjoy?

sdfilmcritic
04-27-2005, 05:57 AM
I'm sure if you pick an orange at DCA you might become a criminal like Hilary Swank (http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/printer_5199.php). Tisk, tisk, tisk. :p

On to a more serious opinion I think the fruits at the parks are technically edible, but probably are full of enhancement chemicals and bug deterrent that would render any fruit grown at the parks undigestible. I'm hoping there might be a landscaping CM on the forums to give us some information about the plants.

04-27-2005, 06:08 AM
You're in SoCal, the epicenter of oranges where primo specimens sell for like $2/dozen in the grocery store (or $5/ea from ODV) and you want to steal one?

No, no, and no!

sdfilmcritic
04-27-2005, 06:10 AM
You're in SoCal, the epicenter of oranges where primo specimens sell for like $2/dozen in the grocery store (or $5/ea from ODV) and you want to steal one?

No, no, and no!Don't forget the same can be said about Florida, so take note of this for any future trip to WDW.

Hakuna Makarla
04-27-2005, 07:18 AM
wow, here it costs you a days wage for a darn orange! yesterday an orange ran 98 cents a piece! gee wiz, ! I went ot shop for Beau, the cost of a grapefruit you might ask, 1.09 a piece! and theresmall. MAn oh man apples 8.99 for 5lbs.

disneyhound
04-27-2005, 07:27 AM
wow, here it costs you a days wage for a darn orange! ... 98 cents a piece!...
So you are averaging just over 12 cents per hour, does that include health benefits... ;)

Hakuna Makarla
04-27-2005, 07:46 AM
So you are averaging just over 12 cents per hour, does that include health benefits... ;)

after taxes yep thats about right! :)
ok so I exagerated, so shoot me ( well don't shoot me I am to young to go, I have to stay around and bug you :)

Tutter
04-27-2005, 10:57 AM
wow, here it costs you a days wage for a darn orange! yesterday an orange ran 98 cents a piece! gee wiz, ! I went ot shop for Beau, the cost of a grapefruit you might ask, 1.09 a piece! and theresmall. MAn oh man apples 8.99 for 5lbs.

darn cheap - an orange in Scotland costs the equivelent of around $1.50 for 1.

VickiC
04-27-2005, 11:06 AM
When I want an orange I just pick one off the neighbor's tree.

Steal from your neighbors, not from Disney!

Wesley815
04-27-2005, 12:42 PM
When I want an orange I just pick one off the neighbor's tree.

Steal from your neighbors, not from Disney!LOL! Nice quote! :D

eryn
04-27-2005, 12:51 PM
We nwere there this past december and noticed the HUGE oranges outside a bugs life. being from canada where it was freezing at the time it was nice to see the fresh fruit. some of it was falling to the ground and we asked a cm if we could grab one. they said sure so we got one bigger than a baseball. we were a little worried about it going on the plane but they never said a word. we showed it around and then since it was close to x-mas we stuffed it full of cloves and left it on the table! a great souvaneir!

bradk
04-27-2005, 12:55 PM
you realize that if people make it a habit to take the oranges, they'll have to be replaced with holograms instead.

DisneyBrudy
04-27-2005, 01:20 PM
So I guess I can pick the oranges!!! And I saw them at a bigs life as well mmMM gonna be juicy!!! Guess it will be a delicacy of Disneyland to have an orange from the trees!

justlittleoldme
04-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Isn't there strawberrys and other veggies and fruits planted by tomorowland? I know there is Rosemary by Buzz.

stan4d_steph
04-27-2005, 01:23 PM
So I guess I can pick the oranges!!! And I saw them at a bigs life as well mmMM gonna be juicy!!! Guess it will be a delicacy of Disneyland to have an orange from the trees!Actually, no you shouldn't. The person who posted said they took one that had already fallen off the tree. They didn't pick it off the tree.

Mommy2NicknMax
04-27-2005, 01:24 PM
Isn't there strawberrys and other veggies and fruits planted by tomorowland? I know there is Rosemary by Buzz.
I thought I saw peppers once but I could be mistaken.

AVP
04-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Back in 1998 we had all kinds of jokes about the Tomorrowland Salad Bar. At one point we realized that all you'd need was a bottle of olive oil to create a pretty darn good salad.

Not that I think you should pick the veggies. If Disney wanted you to eat them, they'd sell them to you for $10/lb.

AVP

Opus1guy
04-27-2005, 01:46 PM
The person who posted said they took one that had already fallen off the tree. They didn't pick it off the tree.

This is a requirement of Fruitarians. Fruitarians consider the picking or harvesting of fruit to be murder. They only eat fruits that have naturally fallen as they consider those already dead.

;) (Comedy film reference there)

jennia
04-27-2005, 02:59 PM
There are cabbages and artichoke plants (I think) right off the hub on the TomorrowLand side. I *love* Disney's landscaping but I don't pick and eat it personally, just enjoy the view!

kohl
04-27-2005, 03:07 PM
When we went on The Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, they told us they give a lot of the stuff they grow to the horses to eat.

MrsPooh
04-27-2005, 03:12 PM
This is a requirement of Fruitarians. Fruitarians consider the picking or harvesting of fruit to be murder. They only eat fruits that have naturally fallen as they consider those already dead.

;) (Comedy film reference there)

I caught it! Notting Hill! ;)

sdfilmcritic
04-27-2005, 03:13 PM
well don't shoot me I am to young to go, I have to stay around and bug youAh-ha! So you admit to being young! There's no going back now, Karla! You are a "young broad" now!

sdfilmcritic
04-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Isn't there strawberrys and other veggies and fruits planted by tomorowland? I know there is Rosemary by Buzz.There's also a huge row of Rosemary bushes on the left side of the castle in the Carnation Plaza area where they have the bands and chiors and swing dancers perform.