PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain

ToursbabeC3po
04-26-2005, 08:37 PM
I just found out today from a very reliable source that Space Mountain will be opening July, 15, 2005. If this changes I will let you all know.
(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))
Toursbabe

AVP
04-26-2005, 08:40 PM
Matt Ouimet officially announced this at the State of the Resort (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr050314.htm) presentation in early March:

As the countdown begins to May 5, 2005, and the launch of the 50th anniversary of Disneyland, the “Happiest Homecoming on Earth,” another countdown is now underway in Tomorrowland for the re-launch of “Space Mountain.” The anticipation has begun as one of the most popular adventures at Disneyland gets ready to blast-off into a new era of thrills!

“We’re very happy to announce that ‘Space Mountain’ will re-open on July 15 as one of the many celebratory festivities leading to our actual 50th anniversary on July 17,” said Matt Ouimet, president of the Disneyland Resort, during a State of the Resort presentation today for local government and business leaders. “Guests will find the classic elements they love, combined with new technology and special effects that make the experience even more of a 'wow!"

“Space Mountain,” the high-speed interstellar adventure that has captivated Disneyland guests since its debut in 1977, re-opens following nearly two years of enhancements and improvements. As the signature attraction of Tomorrowland, “Space Mountain” will once again beckon guests to its gleaming white spires and ominous slopes to experience anew the intergalactic adventure inside.

The attraction will return to its regular flight schedule with enhanced narrative elements and state-of-the-art special effects within the attraction and queue area, while retaining its essential theme and flight path through the dark reaches of outer space.

Ardent “Space Mountain” fans will find the attraction sporting a new generation of special effects, new rocket vehicles and a brand-new, custom soundtrack. Through an all-new queue and hi-tech launch port inspired by today’s era of space exploration (Mars Rover, Hubble telescope, etc.), guests will feel as if they have a first-hand look into the cosmos.

After boarding their rockets, guests will be wowed by a feeling of disorientation in the launch tunnel, hurling them towards a close encounter with a large meteorite. Following an exhilarating race through space, the experience will culminate with a new finale featuring a longer re-entry tunnel filled with spectacular lighting effects.

The initial concept for “Space Mountain” originated with Walt Disney himself back in the mid-1960s, when it was known simply as “Space Port” and destined to become an addition to Tomorrowland at Disneyland. The concept became a reality in 1975 when, after more than a decade of planning, the first incarnation of “Space Mountain” actually premiered in the Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

“Space Mountain” had its southern California premiere at Disneyland two years later on May 27, 1977. The U.S. Mercury Astronauts, America’s first men in space, were on hand for the grand opening ceremonies and to christen the 118 foot tall “mountain.”

The re-launch of “Space Mountain” joins an incredible array of new and exciting adventures, attractions and spectacular entertainment premiering at Disneyland during its “Happiest Homecoming on Earth” 50th anniversary celebration, launching May 5, 2005. Other highlights include the fun-filled and interactive “Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters” in Tomorrowland, the spectacle of “Walt Disney’s Parade of Dreams,” “Remember . . . Dreams Come True,” (the biggest fireworks spectacular in Disneyland history), the engaging retrospective “Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years” and the energetic “Block Party Bash” at Disney’s California Adventure.

AVP

ToursbabeC3po
04-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Sorry I don't have time to read every article that comes out on Disney but I talked to a cast member that is working on the ride so I thought I would share the news. If for some reason it opens sooner I will let you all know :-)
(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))
tours

Disney Vault
04-26-2005, 09:26 PM
And CM Matt had already ridden it. So does that mean it will just be testind from now until July?

XAquaTeenBoyX
04-26-2005, 10:04 PM
^^Most likely......pretty dumb eh, at least they wanna be safe, with the whole Thunder incident and all.