PDA

View Full Version : Special Anniversary hotel/dinner?

THpoohbear
04-26-2005, 03:41 PM
My husband I will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary at Disneyland! :D I'm trying to find a special but not so pricey hotel to stay at the night before we go the park, and someplace nice to eat dinner. (Due to cost, I think any of the disney hotels are out.) Any recommendations? I've been a AP holder for several years, but we don't have passes this year. I've been reading the reviews here and at other sites, but wanted to hear from your personal experiences! Thanks! :)

DisneyMelissa
04-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! I don't have any recommendations for a hotel, but I would suggest the Blue Bayou for dinner. It's very romantic and a wonderful atmosphere!

Chadsgal
04-26-2005, 09:31 PM
My Husband and I are going to stay at the Sheraton on our our next trip. The rooms look very nice and thier rooms are 500 square ft each. It also comes highly recomened by other MP's too. We got our rooms for $70 a night.

Emma
04-26-2005, 09:45 PM
The Coast Anaheim is really a nice hotel, and not too pricey. It's 2 blocks away-- an easy walk, and they have really nice rooms, and a great swimming pool area. :)

--Emma

cstephens
04-27-2005, 09:36 AM
and someplace nice to eat dinner.

Napa Rose at the Grand Californian Hotel.

Wow, I'm surprised I got to post this before Adrienne did.

04-27-2005, 10:02 AM

Wow, I'm surprised I got to post this before Adrienne did.

Gosh, yes! A room at the Grand Californian Hotel and a special dinner at Napa Rose - perfect.

Edited to add: Oops, just saw you want to stay off-property. Anyway, how I envy you your special evening. Report back on where you eat?

Wendi
04-27-2005, 10:09 AM
I used Priceline and got the Hyatt Regency for $43. I think there are only one or two hotels at the 3 star level for DL area, so you are likely to get this hotel pretty cheap if you try it. I think there might be an Embassy Suites or something similar in the 3 star category too, but I'm not sure.

I've never been to Napa Rose, but I've heard it's great. My favorite is Yamabuki!!!

Jwebbal
04-27-2005, 10:42 AM
Yep, I get the Hyatt all the time on Priceline, as cheap as $35 at times, and have a room for the May 4-6 for $45 a night. Great hotel, GREAT beds. They charge for parking, but otherwise wonderful. They have a shuttle to the park as well, but we rarely use it. My friend found it worked great for her. Napa Rose is VERY special, great, great food and service. You can find out how to bid for cheap rooms on priceline by checking out
Bidding for Travel on Priceline (http://www.biddingfortravel.com)

Look at the pages for OC/Disneyland area, they have great bid reports which can help you find how much others are paying. Be sure to read up on free rebidding, thats the key! Any questions? PM me :)

THpoohbear
04-27-2005, 03:59 PM
My Husband and I are going to stay at the Sheraton on our our next trip. The rooms look very nice and thier rooms are 500 square ft each. It also comes highly recomened by other MP's too. We got our rooms for $70 a night.

Chadsgal - how'd you get your rooms there for 70 per night?! Thanks for all the suggestions!

Chadsgal
04-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Chadsgal - how'd you get your rooms there for 70 per night?! Thanks for all the suggestions!

We got them from there web site starwoodhotels.com (I think) about two or three months ago for our trip in June. We spend allot of time watching and waiting for prices to drop. They have shifted from $70, $89, $199, then back down to $100. So just keep on checking. :)

adriennek
04-27-2005, 04:58 PM

Wow, I'm surprised I got to post this before Adrienne did.'

I've been busy today :D

Napa.
Rose.

Don't even think about Blue Bayou for an anniversary dinner. For what you'll spend there on dinner, there are other locations all over the resort with better food and fine, romantic ambiance.

Napa.
Rose.

I don't care where you stay, you asked where to get a good dinner, I've told you. :) and 3894 and cstephens did, too ;)

Adrienne

mkcbunny
04-27-2005, 07:26 PM
'
I don't care where you stay, you asked where to get a good dinner, I've told you. :) and 3894 and cstephens did, too ;)

Me, too. :)

We are going for our 15th anniversary in ... 12 days [!!!!], and I made a PS rezzie Napa Rose as soon as they let me. Yummy.

My one reservation in recommending it earlier on this thread was cost. Since the original request was for a not-too-expensive hotel, Napa Rose definitely does not fit that description. However, if the budgetary concerns were primarily for the hotel and not the restaurant, and you're OK with the prices on the menu samples you can find online, then don't even hesitate. Napa Rose.

THpoohbear
04-28-2005, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! Yep - GC is out of our budget this time around, but I'm considering Napa Rose. Since they don't have a full menu posted anywhere I can find - do you think we could do dinner for under $100 there? Neither one of us will be drinking anything except maybe a coke. :)

I've always wanted to stay at that Sheraton right before you get to the parking structure. So far I haven't been able to find a rate below $125. I'll keep checking, although I'm afraid they are going to keep going up. :eek:

I'll do my best to report back where we go! However, I'll be taking off for Thailand for two months just 3 days after our DL trip! The update might be a little late! :D

adriennek
04-28-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm considering Napa Rose. Since they don't have a full menu posted anywhere I can find - do you think we could do dinner for under $100 there? Neither one of us will be drinking anything except maybe a coke. :)

Stay away from the wine list and yes, you can.

We always get wine so our bill is always between $100 and $200 but our wine always costs $40-50 and we order mulitple courses.

Adrienne

cstephens
04-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Yep - GC is out of our budget this time around, but I'm considering Napa Rose. Since they don't have a full menu posted anywhere I can find - do you think we could do dinner for under $100 there?

It's not the current menu because I haven't updated it, but here's the menu from last autumn (http://www.colddeadfish.net/naparose/napamenu.html), which should give you an idea of what kinds of things are on the menu and what the prices are like.

(wondering when some of us are going to start getting commission for sending people to NR)

mkcbunny
04-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Here's the Spring 2005 Napa Rose menu:

http://www.dlresortinfo.com/grandcalifornianrestaurants/naparose/naparose.html

adriennek
04-29-2005, 03:25 PM
(wondering when some of us are going to start getting commission for sending people to NR)

Sediment's #4 spot is available. I think that instead of "N/A" he should make it "Napa Rose."

Adrienne

mkcbunny
04-29-2005, 04:06 PM
Sediment's #4 spot is available. I think that instead of "N/A" he should make it "Napa Rose."

Adrienne
Perfect!

I had a dream last night that dinner at Napa Rose was no good. I know it won't happen, but it was very disconcerting.