PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading AP passes

sierranevada
04-26-2005, 12:29 PM
We have Deluxe AP passes expiring 7/25/05. We are thinking of upgrading to Premium when we renew. When they send the new Premium, do you start using it right away or still use your old Deluxe until it expires? I thought that I had read that the old pass becomes invalid when they issue the new one. The reason that I am asking is that there is a block out day that we will be there close to our renewal and am not sure how the renewal timing would affect all this.

Thanks.

jennia
04-26-2005, 12:48 PM
If you upgrade the passes right now you start using them right now but you pay for the upgrade at the same rate as if you had that upgrade all year. Disney doesn't pro-rate AP upgrades unless this is something they've implemented very recently.

got2travel
04-26-2005, 12:59 PM
When you renew, your new pass is valid as soon as its issued. So if you renew before your current ones expire, you'll get to use it as a Premium. Also, if you've mailed your renewal, but haven't gotten the passes yet, you can go to guest services and they'll give you a day pass. They just check your status in the computer, see that you are valid and issue a pass.

sierranevada
04-26-2005, 01:14 PM
When you renew, your new pass is valid as soon as its issued. So if you renew before your current ones expire, you'll get to use it as a Premium. Also, if you've mailed your renewal, but haven't gotten the passes yet, you can go to guest services and they'll give you a day pass. They just check your status in the computer, see that you are valid and issue a pass.

You mean that it might actually work in my favor?? The block out day is 3 weeks before our pass expires. How far in advance can I renew?

Thanks.

jennia
04-26-2005, 02:50 PM
When I asked how early we could renew I was told that it was 30 days prior to the pass expiration. I asked here on MP I didn't contact DIsney myself so you'll probably want to get verification from Disney. It sounds like this might work out GREAt for you, I hope it does!! :D

tod
04-26-2005, 02:58 PM
When you renew, your new pass is valid as soon as its issued. So if you renew before your current ones expire, you'll get to use it as a Premium.

I would think it would be an easy matter to punch an order into the computer that would say DELUXE UNTIL 072505 PREMIUM 072605 TO 072506 but maybe I'm wrong.

--t.

mkcbunny
04-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Can you upgrade AND renew in the park, like anyone with a ParkHopper could upgrade to an AP? If your first day in the park is not the blockout date, and if you can do the renewal there, then you could upgrade on your first day ... or any day before the blockout day.

I only have experience with upgrading in the park, not renewing, but maybe someone else can address this idea for you?

TikiTiki
04-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Yes. You can renew at the park. We do it every year on my son's B-Day. It's no trouble at all !

sierranevada
06-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Just thought I would post what actually happened. Around the beginning of June (about 8 weeks before our Deluxe passes would expire - 7/25/05) we received our renewal forms in the mail. I sent both back and upgraded to Premium and today received both passes with a new expiration date of 7/25/06 so it did work in our favor since we will be at DLR 7/3 - 7/7 with 2 blackout days during that time!

PirateSmile
06-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Just thought I would post what actually happened. Around the beginning of June (about 8 weeks before our Deluxe passes would expire - 7/25/05) we received our renewal forms in the mail. I sent both back and upgraded to Premium and today received both passes with a new expiration date of 7/25/06 so it did work in our favor since we will be at DLR 7/3 - 7/7 with 2 blackout days during that time!

Did they use the same picture from the last pass? We just sent in the renewal forms a week or two ago. I look a lot different now from last year, so I'm hoping they'll take a new one. I've only seen one or two cast members at the gate actually look at the picture, but just to be safe.

sierranevada
06-15-2005, 02:43 PM
They used our photos from last year. I am sure you could retake a photo but they might charge a $20 "replacement" fee. I am guessing so maybe someone else knows if they is a fee just to replace the photo.

dlfanshl
06-15-2005, 02:59 PM
They used our photos from last year. I am sure you could retake a photo but they might charge a $20 "replacement" fee. I am guessing so maybe someone else knows if they is a fee just to replace the photo.

They will not charge the $20 if you have your pass- My daughter had also changed a great deal and they happily changed her card with new pic.

Shel

Malcon10t
06-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Did they use the same picture from the last pass? We just sent in the renewal forms a week or two ago. I look a lot different now from last year, so I'm hoping they'll take a new one. I've only seen one or two cast members at the gate actually look at the picture, but just to be safe.
They will retake the picture if there is a significant change in your looks. My son's picture was first taken when he was 11, they finally redid it last year at age 16. The year before they said he still looked like his pic.