PDA

View Full Version : Want Free Admission to Disneyland and/or DCA?

FOOD_AND_DRUG
01-15-2002, 08:03 PM
Are you planning a trip to the Disneyland Resort later this year?

If so, and you need to save some money on park admission, plan your trip to the Disneyland Resort between August 25 and November 23, 2002 and you will receive an extra day of admission to both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure!

In order to qualify for this special offer, you must purchase a vacation package from The Walt Disney Travel Company.

In addition, Walt Disney Travel Company offers many hotels located close-by to the Disneyland Resort that included as part of a package plan will also qualify for additional day of free park admission.

To book your package, contact The Walt Disney Travel Company at: (800) 225-2024.

socabch
01-15-2002, 09:11 PM
Your topic says free admission to DL. That's not indicated in the message. Just like you sad the Electrical Parade was ending in Jan. It's only changing to weekends. Do you work for Disney Travel or the Tourism Commitee?

tabacco
01-15-2002, 10:25 PM
Um... or you can skip the package and buy yourself a 2 3 or 4 day hopper at any off-property location like a Disney Store, AAA, an area hotel, or just about anywhere but the ticket booths. You'll get an extra day free. 3 days for the price of 2, 4 for the price of 3, or 5 for the price of 4. Good on both kids and adult admissions.

FOOD_AND_DRUG
01-15-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by socabch
Your topic says free admission to DL. That's not indicated in the message. Just like you sad the Electrical Parade was ending in Jan. It's only changing to weekends. Do you work for Disney Travel or the Tourism Committee?

The offer for FREE admission for either Disneyland or Disney's California Adventure between August 25 and November 23, 2002.

The current promotion expires March 15, 2002.

Free is Free...if you are not paying for the additional day, then it's Free. Fairly easy concept to understand.

Big Deal...so the DEP is weekends only. That's great for those who wish to see the parade, now they still have the chance to do so on the weekends. My information at the time was correct and became incorrect...no big deal...like everything at Disney....it's SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

No...I don't work for Disney...strictly into Food_And_Drug NOT related to Disney or it's operating subsidiaries.

As far as the tourism committee. I have no affiliation but I am involved with the Anaheim Chamber of Commerce. Therefore, when information is shared and/or passed-on and I feel it's of interest to other mouseplanet.com readers, I'll post it...if you don't like what I post..that's fine too...move on to the next post...doesn't bother me in the least.

FOOD_AND_DRUG
01-15-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
Um... or you can skip the package and buy yourself a 2 3 or 4 day hopper at any off-property location like a Disney Store, AAA, an area hotel, or just about anywhere but the ticket booths. You'll get an extra day free. 3 days for the price of 2, 4 for the price of 3, or 5 for the price of 4. Good on both kids and adult admissions.

According to a Disney official, the current offer is scheduled to expire on March 15, 2002, after which in order to obtain the additional day, you have to purchase a package sold through The Walt Disney Travel Company or an authorized tour/vacation wholesaler.

As far as the "Good Neighbor" hotels, those tickets that they currently have for sale are also set to expire March 15, 2002.

Could it be that between March 15 and August 25 Disney will offer another promotion? As with anything Disney, it's always subject to change.

mousey_girl
01-16-2002, 06:45 AM
This "promotion" is nothing new. We got the same deal when we went to DLR for The Boy's b-day Dec 5-8. We got a 4 day park hopper for the price of a 3 day and they even tossed in The Boy's pass as a bonus at no charge.

As for your posts, they always seem to leave out tidbits of info, like the fact that this is a normal "promo" the Disney Travel Co offers, or that things aren't exactly ending, they are just going back to normal after the holidays. I think what is bugging some of us is that the way you are posting and leaving stuff out, is that for the readers who don't know any better, they are going to read your posts and get all worked up, when nothing is really different. Maybe instead of posting things that you are given by the chamber, you could try saying that (for example), "the DEP is going back to it's regular schedual now that the holidays are over, weekends only." or "DTD is going back to it's original plan of 3 hour parking, 5 with validation from participating restaraunts or AMC." Your posts come off as saying "NO MORE FREE PARKING AT DTD" "NO MORE MEP" When that isn't exctly true. That is what we are (or at least me, cause I don't want to speak for others, lest I ASSume too much) objecting to. Sorry If this upsets you, this is just the way your posts come across to me. As for skipping your posts, I will from now on.

(sorry to everyone else, I just had to pop off)

socabch
01-16-2002, 07:26 AM
mousey_girl
You hit the nail on the head about the posts. Thank You!! I think I will stop reading them also. Also F&D gets easily defense when someone has a question about the topic title. The posts sometimes sound like an ad instead of sharing info that is hard to find among fellow posters.

F&D,
I apologize if you are offended by my question. Just trying make sense of the topic. I wasn't being sarcastic. So this type of comment is not neccesary "if you don't like what I post..that's fine too...move on to the next post...doesn't bother me in the least."

EandCDad
01-16-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by mousey_girl

As for your posts, they always seem to leave out tidbits of info, like the fact that this is a normal "promo" the Disney Travel Co offers, or that things aren't exactly ending, they are just going back to normal after the holidays. I think what is bugging some of us is that the way you are posting and leaving stuff out, is that for the readers who don't know any better, they are going to read your posts and get all worked up, when nothing is really different. Maybe instead of posting things that you are given by the chamber, you could try saying that (for example), "the DEP is going back to it's regular schedual now that the holidays are over, weekends only." or "DTD is going back to it's original plan of 3 hour parking, 5 with validation from participating restaraunts or AMC." Your posts come off as saying "NO MORE FREE PARKING AT DTD" "NO MORE MEP" When that isn't exctly true. That is what we are (or at least me, cause I don't want to speak for others, lest I ASSume too much) objecting to. Sorry If this upsets you, this is just the way your posts come across to me. As for skipping your posts, I will from now on.

(sorry to everyone else, I just had to pop off)

Thanks mousy, I agree with you. Skipping these from now on will be the order of the day.

On the Disney.com site, this free day with purchase of park hopper offer is shown as being available through the site (not just WD Travel) for travel between Sep 4, 2002 and January 3, 2003.

Ace
01-16-2002, 08:03 PM
you guys know you can EAT in the Tiki Room now??? WEIRD.

MonorailMan
01-16-2002, 08:10 PM
That's only if you get a friend to buy you one. :D

See, I hate these "Ad Gimmicks" also, F&D, no offence, but please reword your titles! Thank You!

tabacco
01-16-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Squinky

Yes, thank god... I can now enjoy a dole float while sitting down for awhile in an air conditioned building :)

Nigel2
01-16-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Squinky

Yeah it been that way for a long time, they just want to make sure that you don't leave it in the show.

awinner
01-17-2002, 09:13 AM
They actually encourage you to bring those refreshing Dole products into the show.

Nigel2
01-17-2002, 09:27 PM
Someone asked me this today and I am prety sure I was right but... The dole promo video is gone from the tiki room right? You know the one with the "Happy Family" that goes on a picnic and consumes nothing but dole products.:D

stinkerbell
01-17-2002, 10:57 PM
Um, guys, I think Squinky was being sarcastic and I'm totally laughing, Squinky!! Good one, me like!

Yes, I keep getting sucked into Food and Drug's threads.......

I've done the buy ? days, get one free for five years now. I wouldn't make the trip without this sort of deal......and I have NEVER paid the WD Travel Co. one red cent. They screw you so bad with the fees they attach. My friend recently booked through them and basically paid $200 per "free"lanyard and collectible pin for each family member.........that's how much extra it cost to book through them, PER person. $1000 bucks, baby!

Nigel2
01-18-2002, 12:15 AM
Well we all know how well sarcasm travels through text.:D

But you know here WDTC is probably a rip since it may not be as hard to decide on locations, but they probably are more valued for WDW. I think we used a personal travel agent, but the agency works with the Disney so we got all the goodies (hey a free clock is cool :D) and the Cirque ticket (one of the best seats, but that had to only be 6 months in advance).