PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation letter for May 4th

Pages : [1] 2

sdsualum
04-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Just got my letter and tickets in the mail today. Gates open at 8:30 to disneyland for the lucky ticket holders, and the Parade of Dreams will debut at 9:30. Then after the parade is over, the park will be open until 5.

They may change regular operations to accomadate the special events.

But the tickets are only good for Disneyland park, not both parks.

Cool looking tickets though.

cstephens
04-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Just got my letter and tickets in the mail today. Gates open at 8:30 to disneyland for the lucky ticket holders, and the Parade of Dreams will debut at 9:30. Then after the parade is over, the park will be open until 5.

They may change regular operations to accomadate the special events.

But the tickets are only good for Disneyland park, not both parks.

Cool looking tickets though.

Did you get separate tickets for DCA too, or just the DL tickets?

Earkid
04-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Cool looking tickets though.OOOOO, scan it, scan it!! :D

bradk
04-25-2005, 01:39 PM
technically you wouldn't need a ticket to DCA though since you're an AP holder, although i guess it doesn't help your guest much.

cstephens
04-25-2005, 01:41 PM
technically you wouldn't need a ticket to DCA though since you're an AP holder.

I thought of that, but isn't it a blockout day for some level of AP? And if your guest is a non-AP-holder, that person wouldn't be able to go to DCA when DL closes.

bradk
04-25-2005, 01:43 PM
i wouldn't think it's a blockout date. i don't recall seeing anything about it. other than DL being closed, it's not a date that would normally be blocked out anyway, especially since it's a wednesday in the off season.

sdsualum
04-25-2005, 02:02 PM
It is just a pair of tickets for Disneyland, not DCA (letter specifically says it).

I will try to scan, but have been having problems with the scanner. What it is is the retro Disneyland posters, like the Rocket to Mars is one, and the other is retro picture of the castle.

sdsualum
04-25-2005, 02:08 PM
Another thing on the letter that I will quote
"Entry into Disneyland park on the May 4th for the 50th premiere event implies consent to use your likeness and/or voice in any film and /or video produced by Disney and its publicity department to promote the event."

So it sounds like they are going to be possibly making commercials for the 50th anniversary there. Then they can have the cameras out, without trying to hide anything.

cstephens
04-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Hmmm, sounds like we got the same letter. I got an additional letter with the KLOS logo stating that there are two sets of tickets included, one set for DL on May 4 (one with the Autopia poster and one with the Skyway poster) and one set for DCA (one with Mickey and one with the Genie) that the letter says is only good at DCA on May 4 but the tickets themselves say "valid thru 05/04/05" which technically means it can be used on any day between now and May 4, including May 4. But no matter, we won't actually be using those tickets since we can use our APs to get into DCA. They probably did it as a nice thing for radio contest winners who wouldn't necessarily have APs.

Christiii
04-25-2005, 03:17 PM
just got my tix too! Since I won thru Disneyland...i just got the two tix for the fourth..and non for DCA..tho Renta and I are both AP holders...so we are cool to head over to the Cove Bar after DL closes...unless we somehow are hiding in garbage cans from 5pm - 6pm...if we are..please dont talk to us..we are NOT the Tommorowland talking trash can :D
Our Vintage posters on the tix are the Roket to the Moon and the Skyway buckets..too cool!!

ae's mom
04-25-2005, 03:39 PM
I got the Rocket to the Moon and Skyway buckets, too!! They look way cool!! I can hardly wait!! :D

rentayenta
04-25-2005, 04:11 PM
just got my tix too! Since I won thru Disneyland...i just got the two tix for the fourth..and non for DCA..tho Renta and I are both AP holders...so we are cool to head over to the Cove Bar after DL closes...unless we somehow are hiding in garbage cans from 5pm - 6pm...if we are..please dont talk to us..we are NOT the Tommorowland talking trash can :D
Our Vintage posters on the tix are the Roket to the Moon and the Skyway buckets..too cool!!

Oooooo, which one do I get? That is scrapin' material! :D

olegc
04-25-2005, 04:24 PM
Hmmm, sounds like we got the same letter. I got an additional letter with the KLOS logo stating that there are two sets of tickets included, one set for DL on May 4 (one with the Autopia poster and one with the Skyway poster) and one set for DCA (one with Mickey and one with the Genie) that the letter says is only good at DCA on May 4 but the tickets themselves say "valid thru 05/04/05" which technically means it can be used on any day between now and May 4, including May 4. But no matter, we won't actually be using those tickets since we can use our APs to get into DCA. They probably did it as a nice thing for radio contest winners who wouldn't necessarily have APs.

The raido stations seem to be giving away 1-day park hoppers - as they are calling them on the air (KOST 103.9 in LA) for May 4th. I did not win any yet but am still trying. The prize thru KTLA TV were "passes" for the 4th and the contest thru KABC TV is a vacation with three day park hoppers may 3-5 and "and four (4) passes to provide entrance to DISNEYLANDŽ park during the Happiest Homecoming On Earth sneak preview at the DISNEYLANDŽ Resort."

So - it looks like there are MANY different options available. Hmm - just like the merchandise locations and the event descriptions. So many - which one do you have?

sierranevada
04-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Looks like the sneak preview tickets are starting to pop up on Ebay! I thought they weren't transferable?

bradk
04-25-2005, 04:49 PM
most tickets (for anything) aren't, but if there's no tie to your name or photo, it's hard to enforce, short of disney notifying ebay and having the auction shut down.

edit: just saw the auction in question. what would turn me off completely as a buyer is a fact that one of the serial #s is displayed. that buyer will be very lucky if they show up with ticket in hand and it goes through okay.

jpals
04-25-2005, 05:01 PM
Well,

I got my tickets...

Here is the letter... Tell me what you think?

The letter is as follows:

Congratulations! You are one of the lucky Annual Passholders invited to share in our exicitement during a special sneak peek of the "Happiest Homecoming on Earth" at Disneyland park on Wednesday , May 4, 2005. This spectacular celebration, commemorating 50 years of the Happiest Place On Earth, features amazing new attratioons, shows, and more.

Experience behind-the-scenes activities as Disneyland prepares to launch its 50th Anniversary. The Main Gate will be open early at 8:30am so that you may reserve your spot on Main Street U.S.A. and view the world premire of "Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams", scheduled to debut at 9:30am. Following the parad, Disneyland park will be open until 5:00pm for your enjoyment.

Please note that May 4th is a sneak peek event and there will be several media elements present that would not normally be seen during regular operating hours. Additional, our regular operations will be modified to accommodate the special events planned throughout the day.

Enclosed are two tickets, for you and a guest, to Disneyland park to be apart of this by invitaion only event valid on May 4,2005. Please keep these tickets in a safe place. We are unable to replace the should they bocome lost or stolen. Additional, tickets for this specal evenn are non transferable and not available for purchase sience the enerance to Disneyland park will be limited to invited guests only.

Don't miss your exclusive chance to join us in kicking off our biggest celebration ever. If you have any questions or require addition information, please contact Guest Relations at 714-781-7290.

We look forword to welcoming you home.

jpals
04-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Well,

I got my tickets...

Here is the letter... Tell me what you think?

The letter is as follows:

Congratulations! You are one of the lucky Annual Passholders invited to share in our exicitement during a special sneak peek of the "Happiest Homecoming on Earth" at Disneyland park on Wednesday , May 4, 2005. This spectacular celebration, commemorating 50 years of the Happiest Place On Earth, features amazing new attratioons, shows, and more.

Experience behind-the-scenes activities as Disneyland prepares to launch its 50th Anniversary. The Main Gate will be open early at 8:30am so that you may reserve your spot on Main Street U.S.A. and view the world premire of "Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams", scheduled to debut at 9:30am. Following the parad, Disneyland park will be open until 5:00pm for your enjoyment.

Please note that May 4th is a sneak peek event and there will be several media elements present that would not normally be seen during regular operating hours. Additional, our regular operations will be modified to accommodate the special events planned throughout the day.

Enclosed are two tickets, for you and a guest, to Disneyland park to be apart of this by invitaion only event valid on May 4,2005. Please keep these tickets in a safe place. We are unable to replace the should they bocome lost or stolen. Additional, tickets for this specal evenn are non transferable and not available for purchase sience the enerance to Disneyland park will be limited to invited guests only.

Don't miss your exclusive chance to join us in kicking off our biggest celebration ever. If you have any questions or require addition information, please contact Guest Relations at 714-781-7290.

We look forword to welcoming you home.

sierranevada
04-26-2005, 11:15 AM
most tickets (for anything) aren't, but if there's no tie to your name or photo, it's hard to enforce, short of disney notifying ebay and having the auction shut down.

edit: just saw the auction in question. what would turn me off completely as a buyer is a fact that one of the serial #s is displayed. that buyer will be very lucky if they show up with ticket in hand and it goes through okay.

I emailed the seller who said they contacted Disney who assured them anyone could use the tickets even though they say non tranferable. I also noticed the other tickets that have since been posted have the serial number covered - much smarter move!

bradk
04-26-2005, 11:19 AM
i still wouldn't risk buying from that guy. altho for what the price was at earlier this morning, he could end up having his AP revoked and he'd have plenty of money to buy a few more to replace it.

ima_mickeyfan
04-26-2005, 11:37 AM
i still wouldn't risk buying from that guy. altho for what the price was at earlier this morning, he could end up having his AP revoked and he'd have plenty of money to buy a few more to replace it.
I can't find the any of the tickets for sale on e-bay at all. what's the post?

bradk
04-26-2005, 11:44 AM
do a search for 'disneyland sneak', you should find it. that's the only one i've seen.

ima_mickeyfan
04-26-2005, 11:48 AM
holy cow!! they are going for a pretty good penny!!!

maui512
04-26-2005, 12:22 PM
There are 5 auctions out there right now for tickets. Two of the auctions are by the same person.

MrTomMorrow
04-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Do the auctions say that you have to have an annual pass to use the tickets? I thought they would be checking for an AP for admission that day for the contest winners.

sierranevada
04-26-2005, 12:56 PM
One seller end the auction early - item no longer for sale.