PDA

View Full Version : Parade Of The Stars.

Rallymonkey23
01-15-2002, 04:12 PM
Why oh why would they bring this back??? WHY!! WHY!! WHY!! Thanks alot Pressler!!

Morrigoon
01-15-2002, 04:17 PM
The concept isn't bad... the execution however, leaves a lot to be desired.

Mouse
01-15-2002, 04:24 PM
If not POTS then what?

After taking a look at the Christmas Fantasy parade it was painfully obvious how true it is that POTS is not a first class parade. They could do quite a few things to spice it up if Entertainment had the funds. But personally I would rather see Fantasmic! (which will be back people.) then a new parade. I don't care if it is a sucky parade POTS will always have a special place in my heart. :) ::sigh::

zapppop
01-15-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Mouse
If not POTS then what?

MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE !!!!
DCA gets Eureka back and DL gets MSEP back.
That fair, right ? Each park gets back it's own parade.

wonderful
01-15-2002, 08:04 PM
Parade of the Stars is like "Steps in Time" on wheels! In that the concept, as mentioned earlier, is fine... great, even... but the execution is a LAME, LAME, LAME parade... the music is like a music box someone wound too many times and it just goes OVER AND OVER (and that's the IMPROVED soundtrack), the floats are just a darn shame... c'mon, noone else has notice that it doesn't only look like a "pile of gold" Mickey and co are standing on at the end? The globe floats at WDW are much more like what we should have and can anyone, anyone figure out Belle's float? It's monsterous, the color scheme is horrible and butterflies are NEVER seen on the big screen with Belle! It's just a very awkward looking thing... but I guess it's not as bad as the flamingos... God help the flamingos!
I think if they wanted to save money, the best thing they could do for that parade is change the soundtrack and the choreography... get rid of frivolous characters at the end (and the "guest performers... it's very old), get Belle ontp the swan float and put that rose to rest, add the animal costumes from Animazement to dance next to the Simba float, and ... well, I guess I'm changing the whole darn thing... sorry, but I guess that's what I'd do =)

Morrigoon
01-15-2002, 08:57 PM
They should look to the charm of past parades/movies.

How about a Goofy jalopy act? (those of you who watch vault Disney may be familiar with this one)

How about Donald trying to control an out-of-control sailboat? (using MSEP spinners)

How about Mickey Mouse doing something besides wave, for once? Maybe a float that looks like giant waves crashing on all sides, threatening to douse him from above, with Sorcerer Mickey commanding a league of walking/dancing brooms
. OR
How about a "Plane Crazy" float (similar to the Santa float in Xmas fantasy) with an airplane on top, Mickey and Minnie sitting inside, while it moves up and down a bit and the prop spins

How about a daytime version of the Peter Pan float in MSEP, complete with him and Hook swordfighting on it
. How about Tock close in tow

How about a Jungle Book monkey float? (stealing an idea from Fantasmic here)

How about some Silly Symphonies floats? Maybe the Ant and the Grasshopper ("Oh, the world owes me a livin' .......")

A Cinderella coach?

A foresty float with Briar Rose and Prince Phillip dancing (with her forest friends looking on)

you get the point

socabch
01-15-2002, 09:16 PM
I might be alone on this one. But I enjoyed the parades with Movie Themes like Lion King, Mulan, Hercules, etc.

2CN
01-15-2002, 09:48 PM
I liked the Hercules and Mulan parades as well... I never did make it into the park to see the Lion King parade.