PDA

View Full Version : Monorail

Jwebbal
04-25-2005, 12:30 PM
We have never ridden the monorail and are wondering how boarding works? Can I get on it at the tomorrowland station? Or is it only for hotel guests?

Thanks!

bradk
04-25-2005, 12:32 PM
you can get on it in tomorrowland, but you need to get your hand stamped for re-entry before you get on if you aren't an ap holder. i believe you will have to unload outside the park and get back on again if you wish to ride it back into the park and they will check your ticket/hand then.

i don't know if there's a spot to get stamped at the tomorrowland station.

zugzug15
04-25-2005, 12:36 PM
the monorail in disneyland works like an attraction. NOT transportation. IF you get off in downtown disney then the monorail station exit is exactly like the main entrance. you get your hand stamped leaving the station and they check your ticket and hand on the way back in.

I often use this as a regular entrance.

bubsy
04-25-2005, 12:42 PM
We have never ridden the monorail and are wondering how boarding works? Can I get on it at the tomorrowland station? Or is it only for hotel guests?

Thanks!

there are 3 stops Ogdenville, North Haverbrook and Brockway.

stan4d_steph
04-25-2005, 12:44 PM
you can get on it in tomorrowland, but you need to get your hand stamped for re-entry before you get on if you aren't an ap holder. i believe you will have to unload outside the park and get back on again if you wish to ride it back into the park and they will check your ticket/hand then.

i don't know if there's a spot to get stamped at the tomorrowland station.You don't get your hand stamped before you board, you get it stamped if you get off at the Downtown Disney station.

You may get on at DTD, but you can't ride roundtrip from there. All passengers must disembark at the Tomorrowland station. You can do a roundtrip from Tomorrowland back to Tomorrowland without getting off at DTD.

bradk
04-25-2005, 12:46 PM
not to mention springfield with an indebted grattitude to mr. leonard nimoy.

oops.. i got it all backwards. thanks for the correction. guess it makes sense. if you start out in tomorrowland, you obviously paid your admission. or snuck in successfully.

Leash81
04-25-2005, 05:00 PM

OMG, thank you! My friends and I were DL yesterday and we were singing the monorail song and trying to remember those three cities and all we could remember were Ogdenville and North Haverbrook, it was driving us crazy all day.

nsyncitnd1787
04-25-2005, 08:35 PM
OMG, thank you! My friends and I were DL yesterday and we were singing the monorail song and trying to remember those three cities and all we could remember were Ogdenville and North Haverbrook, it was driving us crazy all day.

there's a song??? omg! that's so cool... could you please give the lyrics?

bradk
04-26-2005, 04:14 AM
it's a reference to an episode of the simpsons where the town invests in a monorail. there is a song which is a loose parody of 'the music man.'

mkcbunny
04-26-2005, 12:38 PM
there's a song??? omg! that's so cool... could you please give the lyrics?
Well, there's a chorus that, not surprisingly, goes like this:
"Monorail, monorail, monorail, monorail!"

... in escalating volume. Or maybe it's only three "monorail"s?

bubsy
04-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Well, there's a chorus that, not surprisingly, goes like this:
"Monorail, monorail, monorail, monorail!"

... in escalating volume. Or maybe it's only three "monorail"s?
Okay here is the song, thanks to snpp:

[edited]
All: [singing] Monorail!
Lyle Lanley: What's it called?
All: Monorail!
Lyle Lanley: Once again...
Marge: But Main Street's still all cracked and broken...
Bart: Sorry, Mom, the mob has spoken!
Monorail!
Monorail!
[big finish]
Monorail!
Homer: Mono... D'oh!

mkcbunny
04-26-2005, 07:00 PM
Lyle Lanley: What's it called?
Lyle Lanley: Once again...
Marge: But Main Street's still all cracked and broken...
Bart: Sorry, Mom, the mob has spoken!
Monorail!
Monorail!
[big finish]
Monorail!

I must have been thinking of the big finish. Clearly, the chorus has only three "Monorail"s. :)

stan4d_steph
04-27-2005, 06:04 AM

Thanks!Just to reiterate (and get this thing back on track) you may board the monorail in Tomorrowland or at DTD. There is a preferred line for Disney hotel guests in DL that lets you bypass the regular line. A trip from Tomorrowland can be roundtrip - you don't have to disembark in DTD - but all guests must exit in Tomorrowland.

UncleGDogWord
04-27-2005, 06:18 AM
I must have been thinking of the big finish. Clearly, the chorus has only three "Monorail"s. :)

Enjoy:

[edited]
Monorail!
Monorail!

[big finish]

Monorail!

Aaaahhh the Late Great Phil Hartman :crying:

stan4d_steph
04-27-2005, 06:27 AM
I edited the post previously. Please do not post full song lyrics to threads. Refer to our FAQ for the applicable policy (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=7979). Thank you.

UncleGDogWord
04-27-2005, 06:55 AM
I edited the post previously. Please do not post full song lyrics to threads. Refer to our FAQ for the applicable policy (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=7979). Thank you.

DOH!

My bad.

If anyone is interested in the full lyrics the site is:

http://www.area51newmexico.com/simpsons/simpsons_monorail.html

nsyncitnd1787
04-27-2005, 07:16 PM
DOH!

My bad.

If anyone is interested in the full lyrics the site is:

http://www.area51newmexico.com/simpsons/simpsons_monorail.html

thanks... that's funny. i must have missed that episode of the Simpsons. people come up with some funny stuff, my goodness... lol