PDA

View Full Version : July 4th crowds

sierranevada
04-25-2005, 11:01 AM
I know July 4th is always packed at DL but I found that all three DL hotels still have availability for 7/2 - 7/5. I am wondering (hoping?) that people planned their DL vacation this year for the weekend of the 7/17 since that has been sold out for months and that maybe the 4th would be as bad as in years past. Am I being overly optimistic? (Don't worry, we will still plan for large crowds :rolleyes: )

sierranevada
04-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Oops - meant to say "maybe the 4th would NOT be as bad..."

(looks like edit button timed out)

MsYumiBr
04-25-2005, 12:43 PM
4th has always been bad (extra long fireworks). People planning to attend the 50th are extra. If you just plan and accept the fact it will be crowded, hang back and don't join the waves of people, you should be fine.

sdsualum
04-25-2005, 01:25 PM
I stayed at the Disneyland hotel this last July 4th, and was really surprised at how light the crowd was durning the day at the park. At night, it got a little more crowded. I was expecting a lot more people, but did not have trouble navigating the park with two kids.

Mermaid
04-25-2005, 08:02 PM
I went two years ago and it was packed! I used a lot of tricks of the trade to avoid crowds which made it okay. It only seemed really crowded during the fireworks and getting on the shuttle back to Embassy Suites. There was almost a riot! You would think people who stood in line all day could stand in one more line for the shuttle but without queue ropes it was a madhouse! As someone else said, if you expect the crowds, you will be prepared to deal with them and it won't be so bad. Have fun!!

sediment
04-26-2005, 07:21 AM
I would tend to think it's more locals than tourists. 4-July is more of a community holiday thing. (Or a get-out-on-the-water thing.)

MsYumiBr
04-26-2005, 07:25 AM
Yeah. A lot of surrounding places have a no fireworks policy so why not go to DL instead. It's also a controlled event (not a lot of drinking and gangs like other places).

sierranevada
04-26-2005, 08:01 AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Fireworks being mostly locals makes sense since the hotels are not sold out. We will just expect large crowds, especially at night, and take our time. As long as we ride Buzz several times, my son will be happy! And who knows, maybe we will get a soft opening for Space Mountain?!?