PDA

View Full Version : April 24, 2005 trip report

cstephens
04-25-2005, 12:43 AM
For anyone who's interested, I've posted a trip report for April 24, 2005 which includes pictures of the new Opera House facade, new Mother's Day 2005 small plush, Disneyland 50th logo on foods paper products, graduation merchandise, new 50th celebration badges and extensive pictures of new "homecoming" 50th celebration merchandise line and another new 50th celebration merchandise line and new castle playset. Here's the link (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlr042405tr.html).

Thanks!

disney jones
04-25-2005, 02:32 AM
that trip report was very cool - you did a great job publishing all the new merchandise goodies!! :D

yellowrosedtxn
04-25-2005, 03:52 AM
What a wonderful time. I am getting more and more excited to be going in June. Thanks for writing the report and adding all the pictures!

tod
04-25-2005, 09:28 AM
All that cool 50th-anniversary stuff is in DCA?!??

--t
fit to be tied

Mommy2NicknMax
04-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Great report! Loved seeing all those merchandise pics!

rentayenta
04-25-2005, 10:20 AM
WOW! There goes my budget for this trip! :~D

Hawaiian Cinderella
04-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Thank you!!! I enjoyed your report....wished I could see those mini scowglobes up close...i know my daughter will have to have one or a few when we go next year...she collects them....

cstephens
04-25-2005, 01:13 PM
wished I could see those mini scowglobes up close...i know my daughter will have to have one or a few when we go next year...she collects them....

I would expect that MouseShoppe would carry them, so there would be a much better, clearer and closer picture on there that would probably help you.

tod
04-26-2005, 09:21 AM
Each of the original lands is represented by one of the Fab Six - bandleader Mickey represents Main Street, princess Minnie represents Fantasyland, Pluto represents Frontierland, Goofy represents Adventureland, Donald represents Tomorrowland and Daisy represents New Orleans Square.

Since when is New Orleans Square an original land? I remember watching them build it when I was standing on the lookout on the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House in 1964.

Original land. Who are they kidding? Next thing you know they'll be saying Disneyland came into existence when Michael Eisner took his kids to an amusement park and couldn't find anything for daddy to do.

--t

cstephens
04-26-2005, 09:38 AM
Since when is New Orleans Square an original land? I remember watching them build it when I was standing on the lookout on the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House in 1964.

Original land. Who are they kidding? Next thing you know they'll be saying Disneyland came into existence when Michael Eisner took his kids to an amusement park and couldn't find anything for daddy to do.

--t

Well, they didn't say it, so it would be my mistake. It was just an assumption I made since Toontown and Critter Country weren't included, and they had Daisy dressed in Mardi Gras attire. That would explain why so much of the merchandise only includes the Fab Five and Daisy is only included in the big design.

So rather than continuing to bash Eisner, please feel free to bash me instead.

TikiGeek
04-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Did you happen to notice if Rod Miller is back at the piano?

bradk
04-26-2005, 09:59 AM
according to Alan Thompson's site, Rod will be out until June 1st. I think the original plan was to have him back for May 5, but it doesn't look like that's happening.

tod
04-26-2005, 03:09 PM
Well, they didn't say it, so it would be my mistake. It was just an assumption I made since Toontown and Critter Country weren't included, and they had Daisy dressed in Mardi Gras attire. That would explain why so much of the merchandise only includes the Fab Five and Daisy is only included in the big design.

So rather than continuing to bash Eisner, please feel free to bash me instead.

That's okay, no big, they can throw Toontown in if they want, I was just saying that they shouldn't call them "original lands."

Whih I guess they didn't.

--t

Hakuna Makarla
04-26-2005, 03:32 PM
For anyone who's interested, I've posted a trip report for April 24, 2005 which includes pictures of the new Opera House facade, new Mother's Day 2005 small plush, Disneyland 50th logo on foods paper products, graduation merchandise, new 50th celebration badges and extensive pictures of new "homecoming" 50th celebration merchandise line and another new 50th celebration merchandise line and new castle playset. Here's the link (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlr042405tr.html).

Thanks!

wow Awsome report! Did you happen to know what the cost of the castle was?? I am going to definatly need to get one,.

http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/042405-42.jpg

I need this castle!!! Price please :)

cstephens
04-26-2005, 03:34 PM
wow Awsome report! Did you happen to know what the cost of the castle was?? I am going to definatly need to get one,.

I'm sorry, I don't know. I don't think I even looked. I can try to remember to look this Sunday if someone else doesn't post an answer first.

Hakuna Makarla
04-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Thank you so much!! Now I got to figure out how to get some one to pick one up for me! If you find the price I can get one of my friends who is going there ( jenny, coaster :) ) to grab me one. Just need to know how much to send them :) thanks so much !!

this will make and awsome christmas gift for my rachal!

cstephens
04-27-2005, 09:40 AM
If you find the price I can get one of my friends who is going there ( jenny, coaster :) ) to grab me one. Just need to know how much to send them :)

Just send them $500. That should cover it. :p

tod
04-27-2005, 10:07 AM
Just send them $500. That should cover it. :p

Send me $500 and I'll get you two. And pay shipping. FedEx. Overnight. ;)

--t

CoasterChickie
04-27-2005, 10:51 AM
The Opera House facade looks gorgeous. I bet that is going to be a wonderful attraction for the 50th Celebration!!

Thanks for posting the pictures!! :D

cstephens
05-02-2005, 09:55 AM

OK, I looked yesterday, and the price is $70.