PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Special Event Announced

AVP
01-15-2002, 02:02 PM
Hi everyone,

I'll be including this in Friday's column, but I thought I'd give you all a little advance notice. Based on the popularity of the earlier event, tickets will go fast! If you want a review of the tour, check out the one Sue Kruse wrote (http://www.mouseplanet.com/sue/oct1000.htm) in October, 2000.

Here's the announcement:

In celebration of the Ryman Program for Young Artists
we have joined together with the Ryman-Carroll Foundation to present some of
Walt Disney’s favorite Imagineers who will spend some time reminiscing about
Walt and his favorite artist, Herbert Ryman.

A Special Breakfast & “Walt Disney’s Disneyland” Tour
will take place on each of the following dates and will feature the following VIP Tour Guides:
(Upon purchase of your ticket you will be asked to select one of the following dates)

Saturday, January 26, 2002
Harriet Burns (Disney Legend & Model Maker)
Maggie Elliott (Former Senior Vice President of Creative Administration at Walt Disney Imagineering)
Marty Sklar (Disney Legend and Vice Chairman & Principal Creative Executive at Walt Disney Imagineering)

Sunday, January 27, 2002
Blaine Gibson (Disney Legend & Former Chief Sculptor at Walt Disney Imagineering)
Bob Gurr (Former Walt Disney Imagineer)
Marty Sklar (Disney Legend and Vice Chairman & Principal Creative Executive at Walt Disney Imagineering)

The Event will include:

¨ Special breakfast at Club 33
¨ “Walt Disney’s Disneyland” tour with Walt Disney Imagineers & Artists
¨ Limited-edition commemorative pin (exclusive to attendees)

Each event will take place from 7:00 a.m. to Noon.

A portion of the proceeds from these events will be donated to the Ryman-Carroll Foundation

Tickets for each event day are $100 per person.
Limited to 100 Guests per Event. Tickets limited to availability.
(Admission is not included in the price of the event ticket. Admission is required to enter Disneyland Park)
No discounts apply.
Tickets will be available beginning Wednesday, January 16, 2002
through Disneyland DelivEARS at 800.362.4533 or e-mail at dl.delivEARS@disney.go.com.

We ask that you bring no personal items to be signed.
Event & information subject to change without notice.

Ghoulish Delight
01-15-2002, 02:19 PM
Hey, at only $100 a pop, we can have one heck of a party for cemeinke's 4th b-day on Saturday!!!:D

DisneylandKid
01-16-2002, 07:03 PM
Is this open to people of all ages? When do you think the tickets will sell out?

Not Afraid
01-16-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Hey, at only $100 a pop, we can have one heck of a party for cemeinke's 4th b-day on Saturday!!!:D

OK. Here's the plan. We each chip in a couple of bucks and send one representative. They can then report back to us everything that happened in minute detail. Meanwhile, the rest of us go play.

cemeinke
01-16-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight

We'll should I win the Lottery, I'll take you all (or at least 100 of you) :D

Morrigoon
01-17-2002, 01:36 AM
WOW

Where am I going to come up with an extra $100 this month? Grr...

AVP
01-17-2002, 10:01 AM
As of a few minutes ago, tickets for Sunday are now sold out, and tickets for Saturday are expected to sell out today. Anyone still wanting to attend should call ASAP!

AVP

(Hi Michelle!)

Nigel2
01-17-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon

Where am I going to come up with an extra $100 this month? Grr...

Hmmm, you live in vegas... so many choices and some are legal.:D

SpazRobot
01-18-2002, 10:51 AM
Just sell the pin that they give you on Ebay to help finance the whole operation. They're only making 200 of them. I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble getting $50 for it. Maybe more. You know how pin people are.

AVP
01-18-2002, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone,

The events are now officially sold out!

AVP