PDA

View Full Version : New Tiki Room seats stink

Pages : [1] 2

disneyfn
04-24-2005, 04:54 PM
Went into the tiki room today and found out they finally have their new seats. While the padding is better,they are now just benches instead of individual chairs. The backs on the benches are only about 4 inches high. But the real problem is that the gap between the rows is now only about 12 inches! You can not walk in the rows anymore but have to slide into the rows. I saw one woman almost fall trying to slide down the row with her family. The only good seats now are the front row. :mad:

pirateabbie
04-24-2005, 04:58 PM
Went into the tiki room today and found out they finally have their new seats. While the padding is better,they are now just benches instead of individual chairs. The backs on the benches are only about 4 inches high. But the real problem is that the gap between the rows is now only about 12 inches! You can not walk in the rows anymore but have to slide into the rows. I saw one woman almost fall trying to slide down the row with her family. The only good seats now are the front row. :mad:

What about the long benches in the very back row? Are they still there?

sdfilmcritic
04-24-2005, 05:00 PM
I've always like the benches back against the wall. Yes, it does create a limited view of your periphial vision, but I find it to be the best seats around.

pirateabbie
04-24-2005, 05:01 PM
I've always like the benches back against the wall. Yes, it does create a limited view of your periphial vision, but I find it to be the best seats around.

Me too. Plus, if you're tired they make a comfy place for a little snooze!

Disney Vault
04-24-2005, 05:03 PM
http://www.miboards.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9188

Here is a picture of them.

Rouxe1688
04-24-2005, 05:17 PM
they don't look very comfy, whose brilliant idea was this?

Disneyfreak
04-24-2005, 05:21 PM
They would be comfortable if they had a padded backrest like the back row does.

pirateabbie
04-24-2005, 05:30 PM
They're going to have to change the title of the attraction from The Enchanted Tiki Room to The Enchanted Lower Back Pain Room.
Anyone want to write the new theme song?

Captain Josh
04-24-2005, 05:31 PM
They're going to have to change the title of the attraction from The Enchanted Tiki Room to The Enchanted Lower Back Pain Room.
Better than my "Hawaiian Lumbago-O-Rama, now with birds"

MrsG
04-24-2005, 06:23 PM
I think they look nice.

SCUBAbe
04-24-2005, 06:33 PM
I think they look nice.

they look much better than the last chairs. I was shocked wheh I walked in and saw old school cheap rental type chairs. I didn't see the whole show though. When the audience started singing along it freaked me out and I was out that exit door sooo fast....I'm scared to go back in...

Germboy
04-24-2005, 09:37 PM
they look much better than the last chairs. I was shocked wheh I walked in and saw old school cheap rental type chairs. I didn't see the whole show though. When the audience started singing along it freaked me out and I was out that exit door sooo fast....I'm scared to go back in...

So that was YOU who ran out!! We thought you had to pee or something.

HorizonsA
04-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Me too. Plus, if you're tired they make a comfy place for a little snooze!

I agree. Especially since I do go to Disneyland solo a lot, I usually go to one of the sides that are not open, meaning the sides that are "enclosed" and are surrounded my three walls. Anyway, I always sit myself in the corner, I always make sure I can see everything good; the only main thing I make sure I can see is the Tiki gods on top. If I can see those clearly, I'm happy. But usually I justr sit, stretch out, rest my head on the padded back rest and enjoy the show.

Disneyfreak
04-24-2005, 10:43 PM

What is wrong with people singing? They are just having a good time, plus the attraction birds ask you to sing along.

Disney Vault
04-25-2005, 09:30 AM
What is wrong with people singing? They are just having a good time, plus the attraction birds ask you to sing along.
Because all the celebrating angers the gods :p

Captain Josh
04-25-2005, 09:37 AM
I was hoping this thread would be about a bizarre, rancid stench that the Tiki Room chairs were somehow exuding. The smell of rotting fruit and bird droppings, I guess.

..well, if you want a rotting fruit smell, the petrol for the fires in Indy sorta smells like that, if you ask me.

nursemelis374
04-25-2005, 09:52 AM
I love sitting in the back and it is still a comfortable place to sit. I wish the benches were more stable though and connected to the ground. People move them and squish your legs!

BTW- We sat by the funniest guys on Friday night that had a routine worked out to the whole program! They were awesome and a lot of fun!

spectromen
04-25-2005, 06:19 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the seating in WDW's Tiki Room is all benches too, so this is simply matching the other coast. Any confirmation from WDW regulars? Mark? ...

SCUBAbe
04-25-2005, 06:32 PM

you mean they ALWAYS sing along...OMG..thanks for the warning. I will stay clear of the tiki room...;)

sdfilmcritic
04-25-2005, 06:34 PM
you mean they ALWAYS sing along...OMG..thanks for the warning. I will stay clear of the tiki room...;)Everytime I've been in the Tiki Room there's always people singing along.

TrekkieDad
04-25-2005, 06:58 PM
Everytime I've been in the Tiki Room there's always people singing along.
Do you actually see their mouths move? I used to think people sang along with the birds until I sat in the back and heard their voices coming from speakers behind me. "Let's all sing like the birdies sing...."

Granted, a few people will sing along, but the sound of audience singing is sweetened by audio coming from the back.

Being a classically trained singer, I have no problem singing along, even if all the other voices are "Memorex."

sdfilmcritic
04-25-2005, 07:05 PM
I actually saw their mouths moving.

SCUBAbe
04-25-2005, 07:46 PM
I actually saw their mouths moving.

me to and they were swaying back and forth to the music and trying to get their children to do it as well... i felt like I was in a cult...I was scared the kool aid would come out next...I ran for the light....and kept running until I reached the hidden dark caves of the pirates. I felt safe down there....:)

nsyncitnd1787
04-25-2005, 08:09 PM
i so know where i'm sitting, rather not sitting, next time i go to see the Tiki Gods. it's either the front or back- otherwise i stand!!!

Disney Vault
04-25-2005, 08:47 PM
me to and they were swaying back and forth to the music and trying to get their children to do it as well... i felt like I was in a cult...I was scared the kool aid would come out next...I ran for the light....and kept running until I reached the hidden dark caves of the pirates. I felt safe down there....:)
LMAO :D I wanted to check to Tiki room out on my next trip. But now I am kind of scared to.