PDA

View Full Version : PPH with concierge resort view worth it?

dws_60
04-24-2005, 12:25 PM
reading some reviews... still not sure about the pph with concierge resort view or dlh concierge resort/pool view? what is the best? what are ur experiences with either?
thanks
David

lbrackjo
04-24-2005, 12:35 PM
A couple of considerations. PPH has half the number of rooms/guests as DLH. so the pools/snack bars are going to be twice as busy. PPH has a more homey feel to it. The walk to the park esp. monorail is much closer at DLH. If you are traveling with kids who want to swim, I'd think the PPH will give you more elbow room.

dws_60
04-24-2005, 01:00 PM
my bro and wife, son of 12 and my own daughter will go... my daughter has serious health issues as she is in a wheelchair after several back and knees surgeries... they will want to rest and refresh from the park craziness alot...
any other info is so welcomed
thanks
David

lbrackjo
04-24-2005, 01:15 PM
Your son is old enough to fend for himself in a busy pool, so given the accessibility issued, if it we me, I'd choose DLH. Just my opinion. The direct access to Downtown disney is better at DLH and the grounds are better too. (You'll get more opinions Monday when the traffic pick up on the boards.)

dws_60
04-24-2005, 01:24 PM
the boy of 12 is my nephew... we were adviced the PPH for its view on DCA and the short walk to parks.... but is it really? i mean i really started to pay for the PPH resort non smoking concierge so i really dont mind spending 300$ more if the dlh is better for her and her party... so i really want ur sincere thoughts about both places ok?
thanks
David

MammaSilva
04-24-2005, 01:26 PM
David, the DHL is closer to the parks than the Paradise! If that's what you're concerned about.

dws_60
04-24-2005, 01:32 PM
thanks again... ur everywhere, arent u?

SeansMom
04-24-2005, 01:45 PM
my bro and wife, son of 12 and my own daughter will go... my daughter has serious health issues as she is in a wheelchair after several back and knees surgeries... they will want to rest and refresh from the park craziness alot...
any other info is so welcomed
thanks
David

We stayed at our last visit at the Grand Californian, and the walk from there seemed like a lot after a long day. We did take a good look at where the different hotels were for our next visit, mainly looking at the distance/convenience factor. If DISTANCE is your concern, I think some of the more basic hotels are just as close and possibly closer. You can search the boards here for reviews and I know I saw an ariel map of the area. PPH was/is much farther away than the other two hotels, although if you load via the monorail it would place you closest to the Disneyland hotel. If you're walking, GCH is the closest and has it's own entrance to DCA.

If VIEW is your goal, we stayed in a view room at GCH on our trip before last, and it was awesome! We've never bumped up to concierge level...just didn't seem worth it here as we always spend most of our time in the parks or getting ready to go to the parks :), so I can't comment on that.

Enjoy your trip!

lbrackjo
04-24-2005, 08:22 PM
Check the room reviews on this site for some other opinions.

The DLH is connected to DL and DCA by a pedestrian mall called Downtown Disney. It has shops and cafes, movie theaters, etc. It is approximately 400 meters from DLH to DL and DCA entrances. Add about 200 meters more to go to PPH. (You can cut through the Grand Cal. Hotel but in the summer that cut through may be inconvenient.) From DLH to the monorail station is about 100 meters. The monorail only goes into DL.

The DLH consists of three towers: Marina (main lobby), Sierra (closest to parks) and Bonita (farthest). The conciege lounge for the DLH is, I believe, in the Sierra tower so that is where you would want to request to be for best access to the concierge room amenities. ( I believe there is also very good viewing from there over to DL to watch the fireworks at night.)

The PPH has sometimes experienced slow elevators and you would have to cross either a five lane road to get to Grand Cal. or cross two or three parking lot roads to get to Downtown Disney.

I hope this helps you decide. Have a fun trip.

dws_60
04-25-2005, 09:02 AM
im still not sure about what to do... we were wondering what concierge service is better? the DlH or the pph?
thanks
David

Karen256
04-25-2005, 09:45 AM
I'd have to disagree that the walk to the parks is that much farther from PPH than it is from DLH. If you cut through the Grand Californian from PPH, I think it is closer than the walk from DLH. Though we didn't take advantage of it, I do believe that if you ask at the front desk, there is a golf cart that will help get you to the parks, I don't know how far it goes though.

Also, the PPH theme park view is amazing. We were on the 9th floor, concierge is even higher so the view is probably even better.

One more thought...we used handicapped parking at the PPH, and it is literally a few steps from the door.

Just my opinion, but I'd go with PPH.

dws_60
04-25-2005, 09:56 AM
do you also have an handicapped issue? i think my bro will drive them up to the lobby entrance and then will go park the car... what do you think? is the lobby entrance good enough?
David

Karen256
04-25-2005, 10:50 AM
We had a temporary disabled pass, no wheelchair just crutches. The lobby entrance is closer to the registration desk, and there is an elevator right there in the front lobby. When we were there that elevator was open to everyone, but I believe it may be concierge only during busier times. The other elevators are in the middle of the building, sort of right in between the front and back entrances. The disabled parking is by the back entrance.

To be honest, I don't think it would make much difference which entrance you used, it's really not far either way.

To walk to the parks from there, go out the front entrance, go up to the light, cross the road over to the Grand Californian (there's a crosswalk at the traffic light). Head to the main lobby of the GCH, then follow signs to either DCA or Downtown Disney. Bring your hotel key with you to use the GCH entrance to DCA.

Again, we didn't have a wheelchair, but it was a very easy walk with crutches and a stroller.

dws_60
04-25-2005, 11:06 AM
we ll be in concierge ... my nephew is so excited about it... how did it go when u were there on crutches? were they nice?
David

dws_60
04-27-2005, 12:30 PM
hi
we finally booked at PPH upper room resort view (new because of my daughters asthma) and concierge upgrade... we re very excited about it even if i wont be of the party since ill be working then...
i also ordered from disneydirect the 6 cds set and the shipping was free...
i think she s going to have a blast listening to it on the way to disney...
David

adriennek
04-27-2005, 12:37 PM
i also ordered from disneydirect the 6 cds set and the shipping was free...

Free international shipping?? Wow.

Adrienne

dws_60
04-27-2005, 12:42 PM
no free standard shipping... 134$ tax included... have it sent to my bro in california...

dws_60
04-27-2005, 12:44 PM
where did my newest thread go? did i do something wrong with it?