PDA

View Full Version : Lyrics to DL's "This Land is Your Land"?

iwannabeanimagineer
04-24-2005, 10:43 AM
I was just listening to "This Land Is Your Land" sung by the Kids of the Kingdom on E-Ticket Radio and noticed for the first time that the lyrics were not the ones I was familiar with. They made reference to Disneyland attractions! Does anyone know where I can find these lyrics? (They were hard to make out in the recording.)

bradk
04-24-2005, 04:30 PM
this is all i can offer, from the newsgroups:

"From the tall, tall Treehouse. To the Tiki teahouse. From the south
seas island's (Tahitian Terrace) to the World Primeval. This land was
made for you and me.

From the old time Keelboats, you can go sightseein', you can see the
cutthroats of the Caribbean." etc., etc.

sdfilmcritic
04-24-2005, 04:40 PM
I only can remember the prejudicial version of the song. This is my land and not your land. I've got a shotgun and you don't got one...... I'll finish there and will not continue for the G-rated sake.

Niwel
04-24-2005, 08:21 PM
I have it on tape from "Disneyland Showtime" with Kurt Russell, EJ Peaker and the Osmomds. Next time I watch it I'll try to take notes :)

iwannabeanimagineer
04-25-2005, 07:16 AM
I have it on tape from "Disneyland Showtime" with Kurt Russell, EJ Peaker and the Osmomds. Next time I watch it I'll try to take notes :)
Oooo, I'm still looking for a copy of that show, too. Know how I can get one? I tried to figure out the words from the recording on E-Ticket Radio, but I can't make out much of it.

olegc
04-25-2005, 11:41 AM
Oooo, I'm still looking for a copy of that show, too. Know how I can get one? I tried to figure out the words from the recording on E-Ticket Radio, but I can't make out much of it.

I would assume that this show was one of the "Disneyland" shows they had on the Disney DVDs in the metal tins. It also included Satchmo in a great performance on the Mark Twain. However, I could have done without the Tomorrowland stage number.

Niwel
04-25-2005, 01:59 PM
I would assume that this show was one of the "Disneyland" shows they had on the Disney DVDs in the metal tins.

I taped it initially on Disneyland's 35th anniversary (yes, 15 years ago) when The Disney Channel had an all-day marathon of Disneyland-related programs. I retaped it several years ago when it was on Vault Disney (the end got cut off by Disneyland's 25 anniversary show). It wasn't on the last Disneyland tin, but perhaps they will release it on an upcoming one.