PDA

View Full Version : Is it a bad idea to book a trip on the DL website?

babytmakes5
04-24-2005, 09:11 AM
it's a little early, i know, but i would like to start thinking about the DL trip we are planning to take next spring. we booked last time over the phone with the disney travel co, and the people we spoke to were very curtious and we felt like we were in good hands. does anyone have any experience with booking online? i like the idea of being able to access my reservation info online and even make payments for the trip online. does anyone here have experience (good or bad) with booking online through the DL website? we are planning on staying at the grand californian with our three children, and we will be traveling from the midwest, so i'm hoping this will be the perfect trip. i would really appreciate your opinions on the website reservations. thanks so much! trina

MsYumiBr
04-24-2005, 09:20 AM
Although you may get neat benefits like souvenier commerative things, and it is through the WDTC so you get those benefits also, you may not get the view or concierge that you want because cancellations are not updated quickly. Other than that, you can always call up the WDTC to discuss your online reservations to *fix* anything that didn't come up. It's a safe way to go IMHO.

04-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Hi from Wisconsin, neighbor!

I made Disneyland Resort reservations through expedia.com. We got airline tickets, Grand Californian Hotel reservations, Super Shuttle (airport to hotel and back again) reservations, and our four-day Park Hoppers through expedia.com.

At the time, it was the best deal on the web and everything went off without a hitch. I'd use expedia.com again in a heartbeat.

hlbtimes2
04-24-2005, 10:29 AM
I booked our last trip, in Dec 2003 on the disney site. We didnt have any problems. I booked for our family of 4 plus my mom on one res, and my two inlaws on a seperate res. We stayed at a good neighbor hotel. We were able to request rooms near each other, and actually ended up with rooms with a door to go between the two.

We are going again this fall and so far it looks like we'll be booking on line with them again. I've called and asked a few questions and they are always very helpful.

sleepyjeff
04-24-2005, 10:34 AM
It is perfectly "safe" to use the Disneyland web site for reservations but there are better ways to go about it.

http://www.mousesavers.com/dlpackages.html

Pat-n-Eil
04-24-2005, 10:37 AM
I booked our last trip, in Dec 2003 on the disney site. We didnt have any problems. I booked for our family of 4 plus my mom on one res, and my two inlaws on a seperate res. We stayed at a good neighbor hotel. We were able to request rooms near each other, and actually ended up with rooms with a door to go between the two.

We are going again this fall and so far it looks like we'll be booking on line with them again. I've called and asked a few questions and they are always very helpful.

If you are a AAA member, I'd book with them.. You will save some money on the exact same accomodations and you will get the enhanced FastPass which allows you to get multiple FastPasses at the same time. Their website booking system looks remarkably similar to Disney's own.. hmmmm. :)

Otherwise, if you are not a AAA member, you can book through Disney's site. I have done that in the past, and it all went very well. Although, I must say, for one year's membership fee in AAA, you'll save that much in your hotel stay alone - nevermind the FastPass benefit - without ever needing a tow truck, emergency gas, a locksmith or a map (which are other benefits of AAA membership).