PDA

View Full Version : Is an AP really worth it in DLR?

dws_60
04-24-2005, 06:34 AM
we have a AP for DLR Paris and it comes with alot of privileges and discounts even at the Disney Stores all around France, but don't work in the US... is it worth getting one AP in DLR for 5 days? and which is the best deal? do they offer discounts in Disney Stores, previews on merchandise and restaurant discounts at DTD?
im ready to get one for my daughter...
Thanks alot
David

Colin
04-24-2005, 06:45 AM
I'm in the same boat as you ;) Passeport Annuel Dream ;) I dont think they have such an extensive list of Discounts as we do in Paris, but I made the decision to get a Deluxe Annual Pass anyway, I am going to be going in at least 5 full days, and a few other days I hope to go in in the evenings to See Disney's Electical Parade (Oh I miss our MSEP soooo much!!!) so I think the AP will be worth getting for that reason alone. A friend did say you get 10% discount on merchandise and in restaurants with Deluxe, but i've never seen anywhere that officially says Disney do this?

I am sure one of the regulars can clarify, it will be good to know!

BTW Personally I have bought a 3 day Park hopper from the website, and will upgrade to an AP on the 3rd day, the reason being, if you buy through the website, you get a 20% off voucher, 1 free early entry per ticket and a $10 ESPN voucher to use too! Unlike in Paris, they take the full value of your ticket off the cost of the AP rather than just the price of a 1 day ticket, so it maybe worth your while to do this?

C°o°lin

dws_60
04-24-2005, 06:57 AM
my daughter will be at her uncles living in cali in july...
thanks for the info... yes we do have the dream passport too and renewed it for the 3rd year... we re very happy with it...
how do u do the countdown? because i tried and copied the code but it doesnt seem to work so well...
thanks
David

Colin
04-24-2005, 07:08 AM
Advised how to resolve countdown issue by PM :)

kohl
04-24-2005, 08:32 AM
Check out www.mousesavers.com They will have a list of places you can get discounts for. With the Deluxe, I think you get discounts at some restaurants, not merchandise. With the Premium, you get more discounts at restaurants, and you get a discount on merchandise after spending $10at most places.

dws_60
04-24-2005, 08:38 AM
yes restrictions apply alot... it's really a shame for the price you pay!
not sure about getting one anymore...
i prefer to get a gift card for her to spend on whatever she wants at the resort
David

Wendi
04-24-2005, 09:13 AM
yes restrictions apply alot... it's really a shame for the price you pay!
not sure about getting one anymore...
i prefer to get a gift card for her to spend on whatever she wants at the resort
David

In general, it's probably not worth it to purchase an AP for a 5 day visit. However, if you are planning on staying on property, and are able to book a room with the "AP nights" discount, you may save a lot of money making the AP worth it. If your daughter is going to be living in California, maybe get an AP for her, but a 5 day hopper for yourself. That way she can use it as often as she wants, and both of you can get the discounts for the 5 days you are there.

sediment
04-24-2005, 08:04 PM
1. It depends on which days you plan to come. If it's during a week of blocked out days, then you'd have to buy the Premium AP.
2. If you buy one for your daughter, then she can get the discounts when she's with you at the resort. No need for you to get one as well.
3. Colombia is pretty far away from DL.