PDA

View Full Version : DL jobs - Full availability?

DisneyBob
04-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Hi... I called the Disneyland Resort job line the other day, and it mentioned that cast members must have full availability during peak seasons... Is there any allowance for vacations during a peak season like summer??

stan4d_steph
04-23-2005, 07:30 PM
As a new hire, you're pretty low on the totem pole, so don't expect to have a lot of flexibility of hours, especially during peak times.

bradk
04-24-2005, 02:19 AM
most jobs in the real world have a probationary period where you don't get any benefits, usually around 3 months long, which would include vacation. it's generally bad practice to go on vacation right after starting a job. you might actually end up quitting by default (not showing up for 2 or 3 days).

CrazyTrain
04-24-2005, 12:32 PM
If you already have a vactin scheduled when you're interviewing for a new job, you can either tell them when you're interviewing or risk it after firing. It's never hindered me from getting a job, but I've never worked at a summer tourist spot, either! I would tell them when you're interviewing that you already have vacation plans. If you don't already have plans, don't expect to be able to get that time off to take one.

Of course, you wouldn't just not show up for a few days *LOL* That would be considered job abandonment and you wouldn't have a job anymore.

Rhiannon8404
04-24-2005, 12:43 PM
If you'd really like to work for DLR, I say go ahead and apply. Go to your interview. I would not mention your vacation until you are offered a job. Then while you are discussing the terms of employment, you can mention your vacation. Ask them if it would be a problem for you to take the time off. If they say yes it's a problem, you can decide then what's more important, the job or the vacation. If they say no, no problem.

If you tell them you need time off before they decide they want you, you will most likely not be given a second thought. If you wait until you are offered the job, they may say, Hey, we liked this person enough to hire him, I guess we can give him a few days off.