PDA

View Full Version : How do you get in the mood?

Pirate Princess
04-23-2005, 12:43 PM
With less than a month to go I am wondering, how do I get us in the mood? (Trust me, we are more than excited already!)
So who better to ask than all of you! How do you get fired up before Disneyland?
So far we have just been watching a couple of Disney movies a week and going on the Disney website. Anyone have anything more creative?

MrsG
04-23-2005, 12:56 PM
Visit this site. (http://www.subsonicradio.com/)

Viva La Disney
04-23-2005, 12:58 PM
With less than a month to go I am wondering, how do I get us in the mood? (Trust me, we are more than excited already!)
So who better to ask than all of you! How do you get fired up before Disneyland?
So far we have just been watching a couple of Disney movies a week and going on the Disney website. Anyone have anything more creative?

Oh,so many ways :D ..................

SCUBAbe
04-23-2005, 01:16 PM
I look at orlando bloom...ligth candles..have some wine...J/k...

I don't really get excited about going to DL anymore unless I'm meeting up with people. Sometimes I just think about how relaxing it can be at times just to be in the park, but my daughter is usually rushing me to go on rides now...LOL...

ksejr1
04-23-2005, 01:20 PM
I look at orlando bloom...ligth candles..have some wine...J/k...

I don't really get excited about going to DL anymore unless I'm meeting up with people. Sometimes I just think about how relaxing it can be at times just to be in the park, but my daughter is usually rushing me to go on rides now...LOL...

I do the same thing scubabe :p Too bad I cant get my avatar to work, I'd have orlando on it. Well, I ususally dont get excited, but once I walk into the park, my mood changes. I get excited and all childish

SCUBAbe
04-23-2005, 01:23 PM
I do the same thing scubabe :p Too bad I cant get my avatar to work, I'd have orlando on it. Well, I ususally dont get excited, but once I walk into the park, my mood changes. I get excited and all childish

that is true. Once i'm there i get relaxed and I ave fun, but beforehand I'm filled with dread over the drive, the traffic, trying to remember everything...:)

tinkluver
04-23-2005, 05:35 PM
I Agree .... Can't get in the mood for DL better than listening to the music! It always does it for me :D

Dream Again
04-23-2005, 06:18 PM
I watch DL travel videos. Then play some Disney music on my flute, and watch a Bare Minerals infomercial. (Long story.)

kohl
04-23-2005, 06:24 PM
Just today, my 7 year old was listening to Disneyland music. All of a sudden he came out crying saying how much he missed Disneyland (We just had a trip for his B-day and came home April 15) He said he wished that we were at the hotel getting ready to go into Disneyland. Hopefully soon we can take another trip, but it just made me sad to see him so sad. :crying:

Colin
04-23-2005, 06:30 PM

I feel the same way about some UK parks LOL, In some ways I wish I could feel that way about Disney, cos it would mean I had been soooo often I don't get exicted anymore, but I always get excited before I head off to Disneyland Paris (The journey there is half the fun!) and I am sooooo INCREDIBLY excited already about my June trip to DLR, its the first time I been to the States since 93 when I was 11 and my first trip to Disneyland EVER.... You really can't imagine how excited I am LOL.... If I aint keeping busy its all I think about, its almost frustrating LOL

C°o°lin

Tutter
04-23-2005, 06:34 PM
I am ALWAYS in the mood. I have just been looking at mpegs of home videos of the rides, now here I am as well. I guess I am obsessed - but don't feel so much of a nut amongst you lot. (I mean that in a caring way :D ).

Incidently Colin, I am getting excited for you - your enthusiasm really rubs off - but what are you doing up at this time of night?

sdfilmcritic
04-23-2005, 06:50 PM
To get in the mood for visiting DLR I just have to think about Belle. :D Then everything just comes together. Oh, and I stop by Starbucks for my moral degradation and nervous system boost for the day. :rolleyes:

pirateabbie
04-23-2005, 07:02 PM

That is so cool! What other great sites do you have up your sleeve?

Pirate Princess
04-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Hey now!!! I was looking for inspiration, not downers! I don't want to read that the magic is gone. :crying: Thanks to those with the great ideas! (I am so much more excited than my four year old... it's sad really.)

SCUBAbe
04-23-2005, 08:20 PM
Hey now!!! I was looking for inspiration, not downers! I don't want to read that the magic is gone. :crying: Thanks to those with the great ideas! (I am so much more excited than my four year old... it's sad really.)

well, the magic isn't gone for me...for me it was never there. It's an amusement park with a very effective marketing compaign that people really want to buy into and thats good for the park...:) it's still an enjoyable place to spend the day, but I don;t have to be in the "mood" to go....:)...we just go...:)

SCUBAbe
04-23-2005, 08:23 PM
I feel the same way about some UK parks LOL, In some ways I wish I could feel that way about Disney, cos it would mean I had been soooo often I don't get exicted anymore, but I always get excited before I head off to Disneyland Paris (The journey there is half the fun!) and I am sooooo INCREDIBLY excited already about my June trip to DLR, its the first time I been to the States since 93 when I was 11 and my first trip to Disneyland EVER.... You really can't imagine how excited I am LOL.... If I aint keeping busy its all I think about, its almost frustrating LOL

C°o°lin

I would be soooo excited if I was going to DLP. I think I would be more exited about seeing europe than the park though. When I drive to DL all I see are freeways, brake lights and some of the worst cities in the LA area, but that all goes away once I get to the park....then I have to repeat the drive back home...LOL..

Viva La Disney
04-23-2005, 08:24 PM
well, the magic isn't gone for me...for me it was never there. It's an amusement park with a very effective marketing compaign that people really want to buy into and thats good for the park

What!!! :eek:

princessofpower
04-23-2005, 08:27 PM
I watch the vacation planning video, and make frequent visits here:
www.visionsfantastic.com

SCUBAbe
04-23-2005, 08:32 PM
What!!! :eek:

oh no...did I just use logic and reason again...darn...let me try to use the right brain...DL is filled with sparkely fairies that sprinkle dust on you and there is also has a magic mushrooms or at least a catiplliar smoking something from a pipe and a lovely acid room on the pooh rise...it's the place where dreams come true...if your dreams are of cartoon caracters and overpriced food....LOL... (oh no scratch the last part...that was logic and reason again)...ummmm....it is really clean and pretty (logical again...darn I can't do the right brain right now...sorry....:))

something that makes me wnat to go: the porch on mainstreet and NOS...:)oh and TOT...:)

Colin
04-24-2005, 02:28 AM
I would be soooo excited if I was going to DLP. I think I would be more exited about seeing europe than the park though. When I drive to DL all I see are freeways, brake lights and some of the worst cities in the LA area, but that all goes away once I get to the park....then I have to repeat the drive back home...LOL..

LOL

Thats Okay!!! If I drive to DLP I have about a 10-11hr Journey ahead of me, I see lots of British Countryside from the Motorway, then I get to Cross the Dover Straits on a Ferry, Then I get to see lots of French Countryside, and then eventually I start to See Disneyland Resort Paris directions and I start to feel the magic, and then in the Distance the Castle and Hotels Slowly start to appear and get Bigger and Bigger and BIGGER :) Lots of 'Freeways' but luckily very few brake lights, not really even around Paris or London with the times that i'll be passing! And then usually after 2 nights at the Wonder Holiday Inn.... then I have to repeat the drive back home...LOL... Hmm, deja vu?

OR, I can just take Eurostar and be in the Magic in about 6hrs from my House LOL

Was that too much for you? Did I go off on a Tangent... I think So!!! Oh and why am I up at 3:30? Good Question.... to which I cannot answer, other than I am nuts!

C°o°lin

squuggy
04-24-2005, 06:28 AM
I need only put on my mouse ears to be in the mood. Had them on just yesterday, though my next trip isn't until October.

SCUBAbe
04-24-2005, 11:03 AM
LOL

Thats Okay!!! If I drive to DLP I have about a 10-11hr Journey ahead of me, I see lots of British Countryside from the Motorway, then I get to Cross the Dover Straits on a Ferry, Then I get to see lots of French Countryside, and then eventually I start to See Disneyland Resort Paris directions and I start to feel the magic, and then in the Distance the Castle and Hotels Slowly start to appear and get Bigger and Bigger and BIGGER :) Lots of 'Freeways' but luckily very few brake lights, not really even around Paris or London with the times that i'll be passing! And then usually after 2 nights at the Wonder Holiday Inn.... then I have to repeat the drive back home...LOL... Hmm, deja vu?

OR, I can just take Eurostar and be in the Magic in about 6hrs from my House LOL

Was that too much for you? Did I go off on a Tangent... I think So!!! Oh and why am I up at 3:30? Good Question.... to which I cannot answer, other than I am nuts!

C°o°lin

no not to much at all. I love hearing about europe. I have family that lives in england. One day I will egt across the pond..:)

tinkluver
04-25-2005, 12:58 PM
That is so cool! What other great sites do you have up your sleeve?
I also love to watch these videos....
http://www.visionsfantastic.com/visions/dlr/main/shows.html
:D

katya
04-26-2005, 11:26 AM
I need only put on my mouse ears to be in the mood. Had them on just yesterday, though my next trip isn't until October.

Yeah, I'm pretty much always in the mood. I found my Mickey Mouse pirate ears this weekend when I was cleaning my closet and I wore them around all day.

I do, however, have a five-hour drive to Anaheim ahead of me next week and I need plenty of Disney tunes to keep me focused on the drive. This weekend I spent a great deal of time ripping all of my Disney CD's onto my new PhatNoise thingy (it's sort of an iPod for a Volkswagen).

This might be the dorkiest thing I've ever done. I started with my old 3 CD set (the 75 Years of Music boxed set) that's already in chronological order, then I took my five other Disney collection CDs (plus all of Aladdin and Hercules) and inserted them chronologically into the playlist.

But I need help!! The second disc of the 75 years of music thing had been floating around in my old car (I found it when I sold the car earlier this spring) and, while I was pleased to find it, I was bummed (but not surprised) that it's totally scratched up. When I ripped it, there were lots of skips on the the recording. Some of the songs I could live without, but I'd like to have them just for completeness. However, the one song that I HAVE to have is the "De la Terre a la Lune" Space Mountain track from the 3rd CD - the ONE track on that disc that skips. Grrrr. That's the ultimate "get me in the mood for Disneyland" song.

I'd love to get .mp3s of the songs that are skippy, but I can't find them anywhere online. iTunes doesn't have this collection in their database.

Is there anybody out there who'd be willing to rip some songs from this collection for me? I don't think this would be all that illegal, since I actually OWN the original.

Any other suggestions? Y'all wouldn't want me to have to drive to Disneyland without the Space Mountain music, would you? :)

Photographer
04-26-2005, 12:14 PM
Last trip I over planned and made myself nuts. this time because there's so much that's new, I'm just going to relax and do everything. LOL

I get in the mood by:

1. Calling my friends constantly and saying, Are you ready? Where are we eating? Have you seen the ____? Should we get matching shirts?

2. Look thru photo albums of all the funny/crazy things I did. think of new crazy things to do.

3. Rent Disney movies.

I'm headed to DL in 8 days. :)