PDA

View Full Version : Walk from DL to Anaheim Convention Center

justlittleoldme
04-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Ok, this weekend is the yeahbaby expo at the anaheim convention center. I am thinking of parking at disneyland, and walking over to the convention center, going to the expo for a bit, and then spending the rest of the day and evening at disneyland. How would be the best way to walk from the parking structure to the convention center? Is there a way?

mad4mky
04-22-2005, 09:59 AM
If you don't want to walk...which isn't such a bad walk...behind the convention center, near the entrance to the Hilton...is the ART bus stop. You can buy some tickets at the Hilton (inside or out).

BUT...the Convention Ctr has it's own stop. DON'T wait at the Hilton's stop...it gets just wayyyy too crowded, and you can only get standing room (if any).
The Convention Ctr stop has NO ONE at it. My husband and I stayed at the Hilton at Christmas. We used the Convention Ctr stop because no one realized...that they could! :eek: :rolleyes: While people were backed up at the Hilton...and even at DLR to get back to the Hilton...we just took (I think it was the "C" ART), and had an empty bus all to ourselves! :D
And, it was only about 15 steps more from that stop to the Hilton entrance.

So, check into that if your legs are too tired to walk anymore. :)

Andrew
04-22-2005, 09:59 AM
I am thinking of parking at disneyland, and walking over to the convention center, going to the expo for a bit, and then spending the rest of the day and evening at disneyland. How would be the best way to walk from the parking structure to the convention center? Is there a way?
It'll be a bit of a walk. From the M&F parking structure, you could take the tram to the Esplanade, and then walk out to Harbor. Go south (right) on Harbor to Katella, and west (right) on Katella to the Convention Center.

From the Convention Center, you can walk back the same way.

There's a possibility you can take the Lion King tram from the Esplanade to the Timon lot, and walk out from there; I don't know if there is pedestrian access from the Timon lot to Katella. Obviously that would save quite a bit of walking.

sdsualum
04-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Ok, this weekend is the yeahbaby expo at the anaheim convention center. I am thinking of parking at disneyland, and walking over to the convention center, going to the expo for a bit, and then spending the rest of the day and evening at disneyland. How would be the best way to walk from the parking structure to the convention center? Is there a way?
The best way to get there from the Disney parking structure is to take the tram from the structure to DTD, walk through the Disney security like you are going to the park, and just walk straight across to the other side and get on the Timon and Pumba tram. Get off at the second stop and walk towards the convention center, and cross the street.

jennia
04-22-2005, 10:10 AM
I'm not sure if this will be valuable to you or not but I did the same thing several years ago- BEFORE the parking structure was built. I parked in the main Disneyland lot (the one that is now Timon and Pumbaa I think.) I parked way out in the lot and walked over. What I found was that I had to do a lot of walking because Disneyland didn't have any openings in the fencing. As I recall I ended up having to walk back out to the driveway, in TOWARDS the park and then I was able to walk out. What looked like it *might* have a short walk ended up being a pretty hefty walk simply because Disney didn't have the parking lot set up for pedestrian access.

We did it anyway because DH and DS were going to Disneyland while I went to the HIA show at the convention center but it might not be your shortest option.

sdsualum
04-22-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm not sure if this will be valuable to you or not but I did the same thing several years ago- BEFORE the parking structure was built. I parked in the main Disneyland lot (the one that is now Timon and Pumbaa I think.) I parked way out in the lot and walked over. What I found was that I had to do a lot of walking because Disneyland didn't have any openings in the fencing. As I recall I ended up having to walk back out to the driveway, in TOWARDS the park and then I was able to walk out. What looked like it *might* have a short walk ended up being a pretty hefty walk simply because Disney didn't have the parking lot set up for pedestrian access.

We did it anyway because DH and DS were going to Disneyland while I went to the HIA show at the convention center but it might not be your shortest option.

I just went through the entrace a couple of weeks ago from the Timon lot to the convention center. The pedestrian gate is there, but it is small. That is where the people got killed last month, crossing the street to get in through this gate. It is a no strees way to get from Disneyland to the Convention Center. I do it all the time.

tstan70
04-22-2005, 12:49 PM
DO NOT PARK IN THE STRUCTURE (Mickey and Friends). Park in the Timon & Pumba lot - if it is open, which it should be for a weekend.

A couple of years ago we stayed overnight at the Anaheim Hilton. We missed their shuttle by about 30 seconds and decided to walk over since it was "across the street" from Disneyland. There is a crosswalk that if I recall, leads right to the gap in the fence that is for those going back to the hotels by the convention center.

After walking through the gate into the Timon lot, we walked about 200 feet to the first Lion King Tram stop and were quickly shuttled up to the Esplanade - errr, Main Entry Plaza. We walked back after the long day to the hotel from Downtown Disney and it was a long walk - The Mickey and Friend structure is even further away than DT Disney.