PDA

View Full Version : 50th bricks

percytheguineapig
04-22-2005, 08:55 AM
Just FYI, the 50th Anniversary Bricks (or at least some of them) have been installed in the esplenade area, near the Monorail pilons, just outside the Disneyland main entrance.

Earkid
04-22-2005, 09:49 AM
Yipee!! My bro and his family are going next week. I'm gonna have them take a pic of ours (since I wont be there anytime soon :crying: ). Thanks for the heads up.

BQ2
04-22-2005, 12:36 PM
Just FYI, the 50th Anniversary Bricks (or at least some of them) have been installed in the esplenade area, near the Monorail pilons, just outside the Disneyland main entrance.

Yep, we saw them on 04/21/05.

got2travel
04-22-2005, 02:05 PM
Well I guess I gotta get down there and find mine. Not sure when I'll be able to make it though.

disneyhound
04-22-2005, 03:20 PM
For those who have been given a map of the brick area, can you identify the area (as per the brick map) that has the new bricks??

percytheguineapig
04-22-2005, 03:47 PM
For those who have been given a map of the brick area, can you identify the area (as per the brick map) that has the new bricks??

Sections c-11, c-12, and c-18 were completely filled in with the new Bricks. Some of the c-20's were there as well, but I don't remember exactly which ones. There were a few partial sections right next to the monorail pylons, that contained a hand-full of bricks.

The Misses and I were there yesterday before closing (at 7PM) when we noticed the new bricks. I couldn't remember which section our little 3-year old's brick was to be placed in, so we just started scanning a couple of the sections, looking for her name. After about 20 minutes we called off the search, went home, dug up the paper-work on her brick, drove back, and finally found it. (Not that I was obsessed, or anything).

On a side note, it looked like they did a full rehearsal of the new fireworks again last night, and were also practicing the new DCA parade. (This was between 9:30 and 10-ish).

Have a good weekend.

goober7011
04-22-2005, 05:09 PM
Is there any way that anyone going to the park to see the bricks see if mine has been placed yet? I can't make it down there until August and would love to see a pic of my brick.
Thanks a million
-Goober
I'm at C24*365

disneyhound
04-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Sections c-11, c-12, and c-18 were completely filled in with the new Bricks. Some of the c-20's were there as well, but I don't remember exactly which ones. There were a few partial sections right next to the monorail pylons, that contained a hand-full of bricks.

The Misses and I were there yesterday before closing (at 7PM) when we noticed the new bricks. I couldn't remember which section our little 3-year old's brick was to be placed in, so we just started scanning a couple of the sections, looking for her name. After about 20 minutes we called off the search, went home, dug up the paper-work on her brick, drove back, and finally found it. (Not that I was obsessed, or anything).

On a side note, it looked like they did a full rehearsal of the new fireworks again last night, and were also practicing the new DCA parade. (This was between 9:30 and 10-ish).

Have a good weekend.

Excellent! Thanks for the info!

Marox3
04-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Thank you very much. Ours is in! Yeah - can't wait to see it.

KarenW2
04-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Whoo hoo!! Our 50th celebration brick that was supposed to have been installed in February, that was postponed to "sometime in April", was there today when we went to the park!! Our number is C24 181 and there were LOTS of the celebration logo bricks installed, with a few bricks that were blank!

It was the highlight of my day, since we looked at all the Happiest Faces murals that are currently up and couldn't find any of the photos we've been told were used in them somewhere! I nearly went cross-eyed trying to find any of ours in the ones on ground level, so I plan to wait for our follow-up location email, so we know for sure where to look next time!

disneyhound
04-23-2005, 06:52 AM
I checked our brick paper work, and we are in section C17; any activity in that section? ;)

Disney Vault
04-23-2005, 11:31 AM
http://www.mousehub.com/pictorials/04222005/images/108.jpg

Here is a picture from MouseHub.