PDA

View Full Version : July 17th merchandise event - who signed up today?

jiminycesq
04-22-2005, 08:33 AM
I signed on I think as soon as “the gates were open” so to speak, and was prepared to sign up at the “Walt” level – yes it’s a lot of money but I saved and saved for over a year for this. Unfortunately, after filling out the form, I see at the BOTTOM OF THE PAGE it said it was SOLD OUT already! Wow! So I signed up at the Lillian level, and then signed back on for a friend and signed them up at the Imagineer level – all by 930. By then the Roy package was sold out too. I just hope I get a call from the event folks for the Walt wait list, before my cancellation deadline for existing hotel reservations, as I truly wanted the higher level – but I am delighted to be going and think it will be a super event!

Disneyluvr
04-22-2005, 08:38 AM
What is this?

AVP
04-22-2005, 08:38 AM
It looks like the entire event is sold out. We're on waitlist.

Edited to add: Walt sold out in 11 minutes.

AVP

motomickey
04-22-2005, 08:39 AM
I am very happy--hey there is ONLY ONE 50th!!!!!

I signed on I think as soon as “the gates were open” so to speak, and was prepared to sign up at the “Walt” level – yes it’s a lot of money but I saved and saved for over a year for this. Unfortunately, after filling out the form, I see at the BOTTOM OF THE PAGE it said it was SOLD OUT already! Wow! So I signed up at the Lillian level, and then signed back on for a friend and signed them up at the Imagineer level – all by 930. By then the Roy package was sold out too. I just hope I get a call from the event folks for the Walt wait list, before my cancellation deadline for existing hotel reservations, as I truly wanted the higher level – but I am delighted to be going and think it will be a super event!

motomickey
04-22-2005, 08:42 AM
http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/event_disneyland4353.html

What is this?

KarenW2
04-22-2005, 08:47 AM
I tried to register both my hubby and myself for the Lillian package. It took all our info correctly, including his name & info, until it got to the end. It shows us having ordered a total of ONE Lillian ticket, but TWO PAP discounts are applied, for a total of $538, instead of TWO tickets, with two discounts, for a total of $1,288!! It also shows him as registered as well. Very weird!!

I tried calling the 866 number all morning and it's been busy, I sent email immediately to them, requesting that they correct the number of tickets ordered, the correct total to be charged, as well as send me a corrected confirmation. Any idea how long it'll take for someone to get back to us?

Did anyone else try to register and get wrong amounts?

Just checked the Gallery page again and now the Lillian package is SOLD OUT as well! I hope they make sure they correct our info so that we both have tickets! It should go by the "Date Completed", correct?

cstephens
04-22-2005, 09:24 AM
The only package that's showing as available (other than the "additional experiences" add-ons) is the Imagineer's Quest.

Maus
04-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Daughter and I purchased the Lillian package at 9:07 a.m. My confirmation e-mails are timed at 9:15. Interestingly the bottom of each page as I was registering said SOLD OUT but I keep on going any way and was able to keep entering information, including my credit card. It took me awhile to get my head around paying this much for the event, but now that it's done (and non-refundable) I'm really excited!

tod
04-22-2005, 11:50 AM
The Shag prints will be available as reproductions at substantially lower prices than $200 per.

I'm happy.

--t

KarenW2
04-22-2005, 11:19 PM
my hubby finally got thru & answered by a human!! Apparently there was a problem with the set-up today and I wasn't the only one who had errors in our order!! She took his cell number and said they'd be working on a solution today and she would call us back, to tell us what happened, since when she checked, the Lillian package was indeed sold out. We told her if both of us couldn't get tickets, even tho my hubby's name & info was showing on the page and the errors were in the number of tickets and the total charge amount, we would be cancelling the charge for my ticket. She said she understood and would get back to us, but she wasn't sure how long before we'd hear from her.

We left for DL, spent some time slogging around in the rain and as we were sitting down to an early dinner at Storytellers around 3:30 pm, my hubby's cell rang. He answered it to find, it was our event services "friend" Emily!! She was calling back to say the problem was fixed and that both of us were indeed registered for the Lillian package! He thanked her and told me the good news. I asked if she said what they'd worked out and he said no, and that he didn't ask, since it didn't matter at that point.

The sad part of this was, our friends who we planned on going with, who were logging in at the same time this morning, ended up getting the sold out notice! When we spoke to the husband, he said he didn't know if his wife had signed them up for the wait list, since she was at work and they hadn't talked about that yet, other than the fact that they got the sold out notice. I wonder if they will add more packages before the event happens.

jiminycesq
04-23-2005, 04:12 AM
Glad to hear you got that cleared up, the folks at special events do try to correct the mechanical problems when they can. Like an earlier poster shared, when I registered my friends who have AP's at the Imagineer level, it didnt show their discount - but I am certain they will get it eventually. I am surprised at reading on a message board (not sure if it was this one) that even though someone saw at the bottom of their registration page that their package level was "sold out", they hung in there and it eventually moved on to take their credit card number. I am wondering if that indicator came up on all "in process" pages if enough gained access to the system initially to cause a sellout- which might mean that I in fact could have gotten my Walt package I had saved for. I think unfortunately, whether human or mechanical, system design problems are again responsible for guest service that is less than what we would like to count on for event registrations. But I am sure the event will be fantastic!

KarenW2
04-23-2005, 10:48 PM
during the first phone call we had with "Emily" at ES, she mentioned something about this problem having to be something they would have to solve for the "California people"!! It made me wonder if the process had no problems for those who lived local to WDW and that ended up making it harder for us Californians to register before the packages were "Sold Out".

Sad to say, but nonetheless true, it would've been much easier to just have us call a phone number and give our order to a human. That way, we wouldn't have any problems with the orders and we'd know for sure whether the packages were really sold out or not, if they had a counter or something set-up for it.

I hope your friends can solve their discount problem soon & I sure hope they open up more spots, so others on the Wait List can go to the event!!

cstephens
04-25-2005, 01:22 AM
We're in the Los Angeles area and had no problem registering. Here's a big YES vote from us for keeping the current online registration system and a HUGE NO vote for going back to the telephone system. I hated having to call continuously for hours on end, just to keep hearing that damned busy signal. It would also take a lot more time to answer and process each transaction to do it that way. There does seem to be a problem with the online registration because of some of the difficulties that some people have encountered. The solution is to fix those bugs, not to do away with the system altogether.

jiminycesq
04-25-2005, 04:18 AM
I have no problem at all with FUNCTIONAL, FAIR and CONSISTENT online registration process. But I too am in So Cal and from my own experience, as well as numerous board postings on 4 different boards, can only conclude that none of those 3 conditions applied Friday. Registration started before the stated time, listings were labeled as sold out but those who ignored the label and kept on got registered, and some folks who called or emailed had their malfunctions or complaints corrected, where others did not. So far, that includes me, and I have sent a 3rd email to Florida without any response.

I think the event will be great, I am glad to be going, but this all leaves a disgusting aftertaste as far as the system goes, and the system is administered by people, and they arent doing their job in a way that treats all guests fairly. Phones wouldnt solve the problem, I agree - I am hoping that today someone else will at least try to address the pieces of the mess left over from the Friday fiasco, for those of us who did have problems, however many or few we may be.

cstephens
04-25-2005, 01:29 PM
listings were labeled as sold out but those who ignored the label and kept on got registered

I read that post too, but I don't know how that would have happened, unless that person got the last package at the time, so after he/she reserved it, it listed the package as sold out for the rest of his/her registration. When the packages sell out, the little bullet that you pick goes away and is replaced by a SOLD OUT text, so there's no way to even choose that particular package if it's already sold out.

AVP
04-25-2005, 05:02 PM
FWIW, we received notice today that our waitlist reservation for the Lillian's package was accepted, and I have to call tomorrow to confirm by phone.

AVP

cstephens
04-25-2005, 05:29 PM
FWIW, we received notice today that our waitlist reservation for the Lillian's package was accepted, and I have to call tomorrow to confirm by phone.

AVP

Someone on another Disney discussion board mentioned that he'd gotten 4 Lillian packages by accident because he didn't think his first order of 2 went through, so he did it again. He was able to contact them and cancel two of the packages. Maybe you got the two he cancelled.

Maus
04-25-2005, 06:28 PM
I read that post too, but I don't know how that would have happened, unless that person got the last package at the time, so after he/she reserved it, it listed the package as sold out for the rest of his/her registration. When the packages sell out, the little bullet that you pick goes away and is replaced by a SOLD OUT text, so there's no way to even choose that particular package if it's already sold out.

I don't know how it happened either but right next to the "continue" bullet it said SOLD OUT. I clicked continue because it was not blocked. Each page said the same thing and I just kept on going until I got a confirmation page. All I can say is it worked out for me. Hope nobody's flaming me for a Website glitch. :(

spectromen
04-25-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm already looking forward to your trip report of this event, cstephens! Which package did you end up getting?

jiminycesq
04-25-2005, 07:35 PM
I don't know how it happened either but right next to the "continue" bullet it said SOLD OUT. I clicked continue because it was not blocked. Each page said the same thing and I just kept on going until I got a confirmation page. All I can say is it worked out for me. Hope nobody's flaming me for a Website glitch. :(

Be assured no flames from me for you! I appreciate your posting your experience -although the email response I got from event services avoided commenting on how this could occur. Basically, I got a polite "sorry you werent in time" which of course, there is much else they could say. These things happen ... and we arent in a perfect world. Anyway, I am happy to be going and I know we ALL will have a GREAT TIME! And those who go to the park apart from the event will have a GREAT TIME too I hope - but I am pleased to be planning for a dawn breakfast on 7/17 as a way to celebrate!

Maus
04-25-2005, 07:42 PM
I am happy to be going and I know we ALL will have a GREAT TIME! And those who go to the park apart from the event will have a GREAT TIME too I hope - but I am pleased to be planning for a dawn breakfast on 7/17 as a way to celebrate!

Thanks, jiminycesq, me too, but I may be going to the breakfast alone as my daughter asked, "What time is dawn?" :D