PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic [Dessert Buffet] reservation made!

bradk
04-22-2005, 07:37 AM
of course i know it's silly to some, but i was able to make reservations this morning for the balcony on 5/22. i asked if he could tell me what seat i had, but all he could tell me was i was the first to call, so i guess that's a good thing.

i was calling based on my pc clock which i think was sync'd to ebay's clock. from about 7:55 (PST) on, i was calling every 15 seconds and then every 10 seconds starting at 7:59. the phone started ringing for real (there's a definite difference in the ringing) at 8:01.

i just hope i don't have to explain the phonebill.

sdfilmcritic
04-22-2005, 07:44 AM
The balcony seating, as far as what I've seen with my own eyes, is a general admission arrangement. There is no assigned seating and every spot is a good spot.

Crazy4DL
04-22-2005, 07:45 AM
whooo whoo!! bradk :D

bradk
04-22-2005, 07:49 AM
The balcony seating, as far as what I've seen with my own eyes, is a general admission arrangement. There is no assigned seating and every spot is a good spot.

hmm.. that's not what i've been hearing (and he didn't say anything to that effect), everything i've read has been that balcony is reserved with first call, first serve, but the riverside is first come, first serve.

altho either way won't be bad with the balcony since it appears some people even stand elsewhere during the show. the main things are that it's limited in the number of people and it's a center view.

guess i'll find out for sure when i pick up my ticket at guest services which i was hoping to do the night before, but he said they close at 8 so i'm not sure if i can make it.

Pookie
04-22-2005, 07:49 AM
If you were the first to call you should be in the first row. Last year they did seat us and some were in the back and some were in the front so I do think they have assigned seats. Although there really are no bad seats. The deserts were ok and you could drink all you wanted on pop, ice tea, etc. However, there is no bathroom up there. We had a great time arriving about 15 minutes before it starting. We did have to fight the crowd to get there. After fantasmic we stayed up there and watched the fireworks as well. It was nice just to hang out and wait for the crowds to disperse.

Have a great time!

Mommy2NicknMax
04-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Glad you got through and got your seat! Have a wonderful time!

bradk
04-22-2005, 07:55 AM
yeah should be great. good tip about the no bathroom thing. i'm actually doing the 10:30 show because i want to do the fireworks from main street, so i was planning on showing up for it around 10 or so since i might as well get my money's worth and i won't be eating anything during the actual show.

Raven
04-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Bradk, could you tell me what number you called? I have two and I want to make sure I call the right one! THANKS!

bradk
04-22-2005, 08:50 AM
it's ticketing (NOT dining), 714-781-4400.

Raven
04-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Thanks!

mystycalchyk
04-22-2005, 09:28 AM
It is correct that if you call first you are in the first seat (far right IIRC)..the row fills to the left as people call and then the back row starts (again on the right...as you are looking at the show) and so on.
All seats are good but I always want to get the front row if at all possible.

We were the first ones to call for ours on May 7th. Front row for us :D

DizMagic
04-22-2005, 09:31 AM
how much does this privalege cost and is it worth it (yes, I know that's subjective)

Thanks,

bradk
04-22-2005, 09:34 AM
$53. there's also the riverside seating which traditionally offers a discount ($10?) for children, but balcony is the same for everyone.

dlandnut
04-22-2005, 11:46 AM
The first to call gets the first row, starting left to right. That's the way it was last year. We've done it twice, once on the front row, and once on the second row. Either one, it's a great experience. Hope you have a real sweet tooth, BradK! :)

schmuzX2
04-22-2005, 01:24 PM
BradK,
You will love it. I just did it last month. We were the second phone call and I needed seven seats. We all had a front row seat. My kids had a blast eating all the dessert they could. I had never seen Fantasmic (hangs head in shame) and it was incredible. Enjoy yourself!!

Pureevents
04-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Good for you Bradk! I've booked Riverside myself on the 5th, because I thought it would be more fun down there. I also booked second show, so that I can take advantage of line lulls during the first show.
See ya in a couple of days!

kohl
04-22-2005, 03:01 PM
We are still hoping to do this soon. We usually go during off season, during the week so they usually don't have Fantasmic. Although I do want good seats (I'm sure they all are up there), I want to be next to the desserts! :D