PDA

View Full Version : What is Disney Gallery, & where is it located @ in the Park?

ima_mickeyfan
04-21-2005, 07:35 PM
I noticed that the gallery and haunted mansion are the only things scheduled to be closed during our vacation yeah....only 2, but what is the gallery?

jon80flt
04-21-2005, 07:42 PM
I noticed that the gallery and haunted mansion are the only things scheduled to be closed during our vacation yeah....only 2, but what is the gallery?

The Disney Gallery is located right above POTC. It was originally an apartment for the Disney Family, then it was a storage location, then it became office space, then it became the Gallery... it is closed right now in preparation for some exhibits that will be here for the 50th.

They still use the Gallery's patio for the Fantasmic! Dessert Buffet.

Hope that helps! :D
Jon

tinkluver
04-21-2005, 10:32 PM
what is the gallery?
Here- check out this page
http://www.visionsfantastic.com/visions/dlr/disneyland/nos/gallery.html

mystycalchyk
04-22-2005, 08:31 AM
And when you go, please go up to one of the CM's there and ask for a tour. Dont be shy, they will gladly show you around and explain about it being built as an apartment for Walt...tell you which rooms are what and so on. Very interesting. We do it everytime we go (because we normally end up taking someone who has never been), and this last time the CM recognized me and allowed me to explain alot of it since she knew I knew it so well :geek:

bradk
04-22-2005, 08:38 AM
altho unless my memory has forsaken me, vf is technically wrong about the fate of the gallery. opus had mentioned that it was at one point a fully furnished apartment which eventually became a makeshift office (for TDL?) and then the gallery.

he mentioned they have a book somewhere that has clippings in it related to the gallery including a photo of the furnished apartment from its one and only appearance in the Disneyland Line.

it's on my tentative to do list.