PDA

View Full Version : Parking logistics

hpagels
04-21-2005, 07:02 PM
Hello. I'm going to DL in a couple of weeks for the first time in 12 years! Needless to say I'm very excited. As it has been 12 years, I have no idea what to expect regarding parking and the resort layout.

I'm staying at the DLH, but I'm arriving in the morning to go to the parks. I can't check into my room until 3:00. Ideally, I'd like to park in the hotel parking lot, go to the parks and at 3:00 go to the Hotel to check-in, thereby avoiding having to move my car.

Do you know if the parking lot for the Hotels is different then those for the parks? Will they allow me to park in that lot if I have not yet checked in? And lastly, do you think I could check my bags in the morning at the front desk again saving me another trip to the car?

Growing up in So. Cal and having spent a lot of time at DL when I was young, I can't even imagine what the DLR looks like now. I can't wait! :fez:

HP

sunfun94
04-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Hi there! Wow! 12 years?? You are going to have alot of fun!

My DH and I actually just stayed at DLH two weeks ago and PP 2 weeks before that (long story but we were blessed!) Anyways, you can check in early and they will issue you a pass to park at the hotel lot..this way you do not have to pay at either lot. They can hold your luggage for you before your room is ready and deliver it later for you...its quite convenient actually.
There is free 20 Minute parking when you get to DLH so that you can check in...one of the benefits to checking in early is that you will be able to do so w/o much of a line...

You have to understand that the streets around DLR quite a bit..There is a huge parking structure now where the camping grounds used to be next to the strawberry fields (where there is also more parking) the entrance to DLH is off of West street which is now Disney Way... The nice thing is that everything is signed quite well so fiding your way shouldnt be too bad...

I hope this helps! Again have a wonderful time! We wanna hear a trip report! :)

hpagels
04-21-2005, 07:25 PM
OMG, yes...this helps tremendously! I was under the impression that early check-in was only available with "special" vacation packages. But early check-in can be done as long as you don't expect your room to be ready? This is great! Just the answer I was hoping for.

Strawberry fields...wow, you remember too! :)

Trip report will definitely be forthcoming.

BTW, MousePad has been a great help. I've really enjoyed lurking around the last couple of weeks and gaining helpful tips.

HP :)

Rhiannon8404
04-21-2005, 07:37 PM
We love early check-in! We get up early and leave around 4:30-5am to start our 7-8 hr drive down. We generally arrive 1-1:30 or so at the hotel. We check in, park our car and hit the park. We usually head back to the hotel around 5-6pm to find our room ready and bags already there.

No better way to go IMO.