PDA

View Full Version : May 4 event - no nightime admission?

jiminycesq
04-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Hi - I am still working hard to find EVERY contest out there for May 4's event, and tonight I was reading the official rules on an LA radio station website. Interesting .... they say prize winners can enjoy DCA ... AFTER DISNEYLAND CLOSES AT 5 PM on May 4. That implies (at least for some "winners") that they cannot stick around for the "Celebrity party" or, if they have them, fireworks. Of course you can see fireworks from the esplanade etc, but .. I wonder if ALL contest winners, including the AP drawing, will have to leave the Park before dark? We shall see ... and I KNOW I am going to WIN somewhere!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-21-2005, 10:35 PM
I think it would be weird for them to go around the park telling people to leave. But who knows. I guess some of the winners can tell us what happens.

CrazyTrain
04-22-2005, 09:34 AM
would you care to share the link to that contest?

sdsualum
04-22-2005, 10:13 AM
I agree that it can be kind of hard to get all those winners out of the park, without completely getting everybody out of the park. It will be interesting to see what the schedule of events is going to be.

We called Disney to find out anything at all about times of the festivities, and we could find no one who knew anything about the times. They said all they have for the hours are blank.

Also I think they would include contest winners in the celebration, since there were so few contest winners to begin with. At least I hope so.

jiminycesq
04-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Sorry to be so late in responding - I dont have internet at work anymore! But, I think the contest where I read about the 5 pm "leave the park" rule was at the KBIG radio website. I dont know for sure, though ... give that a try ok? Good luck ... to all of us!

AVP
04-22-2005, 06:24 PM
I'll preface this by saying that I still do not have an itinerary for even the media portion of May 4th.

What I have heard is that the contest winners will be in the park until 5. The park will close, and everyone will be swept at that time. The park will reopen at 6 for the celebrity party.

We'll see what happens.

AVP

rentayenta
04-22-2005, 07:34 PM
I have been told that the park will be "open" from 9a-5p. The official ceremony for the "invited" guests (Celebs) will begin in the evening.

sdsualum
04-22-2005, 07:45 PM
I have been told that the park will be "open" from 9a-5p. The official ceremony for the "invited" guests (Celebs) will begin in the evening.

But the email that I got for winning, says This special opportunity to see Disneyland history in the making is just for our Annual Passholder winners and other invited guests. So it doesn't sound like they would segregate, but if it is a totally separate event in the evening, then I see how they could do it. But hey I don't care about Celebs, 9-5 works for me I should just be happy I am getting to go.

millionairegirl
04-22-2005, 07:46 PM
*sigh of relief* Since I have to work that day, it's a good thing I didn't win!

rentayenta
04-22-2005, 07:47 PM
But the email that I got for winning, says This special opportunity to see Disneyland history in the making is just for our Annual Passholder winners and other invited guests. So it doesn't sound like they would segregate, but if it is a totally separate event in the evening, then I see how they could do it. But hey I don't care about Celebs, 9-5 works for me I should just be happy I am getting to go.

This is what my source told me. ;) It also coincides with what AVP said.

biolabetty
04-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Well if this is true, I guess we don't get to watch the new fireworks show. That, and the new parade, were the things I really was excited to see. I guess I'll have to do it another time, but it doesn't feel quite as special that way, many more people to try to see through.

Disney Vault
04-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Well if this is true, I guess we don't get to watch the new fireworks show. That, and the new parade, were the things I really was excited to see. I guess I'll have to do it another time, but it doesn't feel quite as special that way, many more people to try to see through.
They might do a parade earlier in the day too though.

cstephens
04-23-2005, 03:37 PM
I got my informational letter today for the tickets that I won through a radio contest, and it says Disneyland is open 8:30 to 5:00, and they'll also include tickets so that we can visit DCA after Disneyland closes. I'm a little disappointed in that we'll be able to see but not hear the fireworks show (though I totally figured we wouldn't be allowed to attend the celebrity party), but we'll still get to see the show on the 5th, so not a big loss.

Wonder if I'll get to meet Officer Quarterman...

sdsualum
04-23-2005, 06:54 PM
That would be cool if Officer Quarterman is there.

jiminycesq
04-24-2005, 04:43 AM
As I suspected, for those who win tickets but are asked to leave Disneyland at 5 pm, there IS a reason to head over to DCA.

Remember, this is several days of press events and they need to do something to keep them happy while the celebs are in DL, so apparently they are having the first performance of the new DCA parade on the night of the 4th!

Only question is ... when? Do the press hang out at DL to take pics of celebs coming in, then head to DCA for the parade? I would think they would have to let guests stay in DCA to watch it, even if it may not be in the program. Anybody know if it is shown in the online listings at all?

I do know the NFFC dinner attendees will enjoy it, so perhaps the "winners" can too. Me, I am still entering contests to go to DL so I better get back to that!

jiminycesq
04-24-2005, 05:00 AM
Well, let me point out my error before someone else does, to avoid further embarrassment!

The "Block Party Bash" is not a nighttime parade - it has two performances during the May 4 daytime scheduled. The MSELP is listed after dark at DCA. However, perhaps they will do something that night at DCA to make it worth stopping by after 5 pm.

In any case, as others have noted, May 4 will probably be the highest attendance in DCA history, perhaps even since opening!

Ok, back to contest entries.

cstephens
04-25-2005, 01:31 PM
That would be cool if Officer Quarterman is there.

He was. :)

It was cool to drive up to the gate and hit the call button and hear his voice come over the intercom. He was really nice too. He even made small talk with me in the lobby while I waited for the woman to get my envelope.

May 4 DL tickets - check! :D

sdsualum
04-25-2005, 02:10 PM
He was. :)

It was cool to drive up to the gate and hit the call button and hear his voice come over the intercom. He was really nice too. He even made small talk with me in the lobby while I waited for the woman to get my envelope.

May 4 DL tickets - check! :D
Did you aske hime what he had for breakfast?

cstephens
04-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Did you aske hime what he had for breakfast?

Nah, I thought that would be too obvious. But it was fun even chitchatting with him for a minute.

SoCalSnowWhite
04-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Anybody know which celebs are going to be there? Are they going through the front gate, red carpet style or ushered in through a back entrance? I'm way excited to be there during the day, but the chance to see celebrities...oh my, I can't wait!!

KarenW2
04-25-2005, 09:55 PM
I entered my hubby and I in the KTLA contest for tickets to attend on 5-4 and today he received an email telling him he'd won!! He gets FOUR tickets!! So that means our partners in MouseAdventure, John & Deb, my hubby and I. Of course, that's if they're able to swing the day off of work then! Shouldn't be a problem tho. :D

We're to get there even earlier than 8:30 am to pick up our tickets and our exit time is also 5 pm. I unfortunately will be attending via a wheelchair, as a result of a very bad slip & fall accident I had at home Saturday night and several hours in the ER!! Hopefully, it won't be a problem to enter with our own wheelchair, true?

BJW
04-25-2005, 11:09 PM
I won the AP draw and was quite disappointed to see that they are clearing the park at 5. Incidentally, are they planning to film some kind of special with Art Linkletter like they did for the first year? I know every five years they usually film a special in the park for the Disney Channel. (past years Osmonds, Michael Jackson, etc.) The letter I received says that by accepting the tickets you agree to be filmed so I thought this might be an option. It would be cool to be an extra on the show.

This may turn out like the Pirates movie opening party where they didn't run the people off that were in the park earlier but the people couldn't get in to the party area. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Anyhow, I think with there being so few contest winners and so much media they should just let people stick around. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

cstephens
04-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Anyhow, I think with there being so few contest winners and so much media they should just let people stick around. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Not sure what you mean by "few" but with the AP thing, various radio stations and TV stations, there are a lot of contests going to give tickets away for May 4, so I'm figuring there are going to be quite a few people there. And I never expected to be able to hang out at the party that's being thrown for the celebrities. Can't really understand why others do.