PDA

View Full Version : It's official. I've gone around the bend.

tod
04-21-2005, 07:35 AM
So I'm in my car listening to the CD of Disneyland music (No, that's not it) and I'm listening to the Pirates of the Caribbean track (No, that's not it either) and I pick out Thurl Ravenscroft's voice mong the singers (Nope) and I notice that he's giving a little extra oomph to that last word in "Drink up, me hearties, yo ho," (No. Wait for it.) and I notice that in one of the verses (Here it comes...) he blows the line and sings "Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads/Drink up ye hearties yo ho."

I really think I crossed a line here.

--t
questioning his sanity, and wondering if he should go to Universal this weekend for a change

CoasterChickie
04-21-2005, 07:42 AM
I really think I crossed a line here.

--t
questioning his sanity, and wondering if he should go to Universal this weekend for a change

Nah!! :D

04-21-2005, 07:49 AM
Sit ye down and have a NOS mint julep, yo ho!

disneyperson
04-21-2005, 09:14 AM
No Universal Studios for you! Now you've got to go to DL and ride POTC and find out if you can hear the flub there too! :D

mkcbunny
04-21-2005, 02:26 PM
You are OK.

I am going in May [planning for that]. Going again in Nov [planning for that]. And I just learned what MouseAdventures was this very minute ... so I have officially started planning three trips in advance for next spring.

As the Cheshire Cat might say, "We're all a little mad in here."

I Heart Disneyland!
04-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Are you sure they didn't say, "Our mommies and daddies don't give a hoot....drink up ye hearties yo ho!" ??

daveinMN
04-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Just for the record, isnt it "Drink up ME hardies"?

sunfun94
04-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Ok, lets roll with this...and I'm sure that ya'll being DL savey as you are, knew that Ursula in Fantasmic ( at DL ) in her "speil"...well given that this is a family friendly site, it wasnt tentacles that she says thats for sure...
While providing guest control for the umpteenth time at Fantasmic, while inbetween shows some other cm friends and I were discussing this...some agreed some didnt...Then we all payed attention a bit better during that portion of the show...and its true. Good God people! Get it corrected!!

My husband, his brother and wife, my brother and his girlfriend, and my cousins all looked at each other at that part and started busting up...yeah, they heard it too
:rolleyes:

04-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Ok, lets roll with this...and I'm sure that ya'll being DL savey as you are, knew that Ursula in Fantasmic ( at DL ) in her "speil"...well given that this is a family friendly site, it wasnt tentacles that she says thats for sure...

For a discussion of Ursula's potty mouth, go here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=30351)

tod
04-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Just for the record, isnt it "Drink up ME hardies"?

It's "Drink up, me hearties."

Marox3
04-21-2005, 04:57 PM
From the Really Bad Eggs MA Team - here's a portion of the sheet music we used: (Notice the word - 'arites - not hearties)

We're devils and blacksheep, we're really bad eggs,
drink up me 'arites, Yo Ho,

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me.

We're beggars and blighters and ne'er do well cads,
drink up me 'arties, Yo Ho,

Aye, but we're loved by our mommies 'n dads,
drink up me 'arties, Yo Ho!

Emma
04-21-2005, 05:09 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I love it!

"I've officially gone around the bend" That's great. :p

--Emma

MrsG
04-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Nope. Tried that. Didn't work.

Mark Goldhaber
04-24-2005, 11:01 PM
So I'm in my car listening to the CD of Disneyland music (No, that's not it) and I'm listening to the Pirates of the Caribbean track (No, that's not it either) and I pick out Thurl Ravenscroft's voice mong the singers (Nope) and I notice that he's giving a little extra oomph to that last word in "Drink up, me hearties, yo ho," (No. Wait for it.) and I notice that in one of the verses (Here it comes...) he blows the line and sings "Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads/Drink up ye hearties yo ho."
In a really weird bit of synchronicity, I was listening to that same track, same verse via Live365 as I read that post. I was scared.... :eek:

mkcbunny
04-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Speaking of losing one's sanity over Disneyland, I have been having nightmares -- or, rather, weird Disney dreams, leading up to my trip.

First, there was the Pirates of the Caribbean dream, wherein my friend and I were chased around by a ghost pirate, descirbed on a PotC thread, here:
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=589801&postcount=12

Then there was the dream where I went to dinner at Napa Rose, and it was awful.

THEN, just two nights ago, I had a dream in which I was taking my husband around "Disneyland," only it was more like a big, noisy, ugly carnival, full of rip-off games, and lots of tacky prizes, and scary carnies [no offense meant to non-scary carnies out there], and long, long, long lines. We didn't even FIND a ride until after noon, and when we did, it wasn't even a "real" Disney ride; it was a horrible rollercoaster. The crowds were awful, the food was terrible, and my husband hated it. He and the other people we were with wanted to leave and were mad at me for planning the trip, and I didn't know what to tell them. It was an awful place. Definitely NOT Disneyland.

Make it stop! I need this Disney trip!

bradk
04-30-2005, 03:01 PM
umm.. that last one? that was no dream, that was DCA!

mkcbunny
04-30-2005, 03:12 PM
umm.. that last one? that was no dream, that was DCA!
LOL. I knew someone was going to say that.

It was kind of like the DCA pier area gone amuck. But we're talking cigar-smoking, toothless creeps at the helm. Plus, it was HUGE. Getting from one side of the park to the other took forever, and for nothing. Even Ridemax wouldn't get you through this place. Yucky.

At least in the PotC dream, the ride was cool, although a bit different in layout. It was just the ghost chasing us that made it, um, not so fun. And the right music was playing in the background, although I don't know if the lyrics were correct.

Looky. I brought this back to the original topic: "Going 'round the bend" + PotC :)

MrsG
04-30-2005, 05:00 PM
THEN, just two nights ago, I had a dream in which I was taking my husband around "Disneyland," only it was more like a big, noisy, ugly carnival, full of rip-off games, and lots of tacky prizes, and scary carnies [no offense meant to non-scary carnies out there], and long, long, long lines. We didn't even FIND a ride until after noon, and when we did, it wasn't even a "real" Disney ride; it was a horrible rollercoaster. The crowds were awful, the food was terrible, and my husband hated it. He and the other people we were with wanted to leave and were mad at me for planning the trip, and I didn't know what to tell them. It was an awful place. Definitely NOT Disneyland.
I have had similar kinds of "Bad Disneyland" dreams. But you have to add Code-V's everywhere - ick.

Analysis?

mkcbunny
04-30-2005, 07:39 PM
I have had similar kinds of "Bad Disneyland" dreams. But you have to add Code-V's everywhere - ick.

Analysis?
What's a Code-V???

MrsG
04-30-2005, 09:09 PM
What's a Code-V???
CM Speak = vomit

mkcbunny
05-01-2005, 05:41 PM
CM Speak = vomit
Well, of course that's it. Silly me. Thanks.

bradk
05-01-2005, 05:55 PM
also known as a 'protein spill'