PDA

View Full Version : What's all the Hubbub, Bub?

Ghoulish Delight
01-14-2002, 07:47 AM
We were at Disneyland yesterday and saw a nifty act at the Carnation Plaza. It was a group called "The Bubs" (short for Beelzebubs) from Tufts University. 15 guys on stage. We walk up and they were singing U2's 'Elevation' (we, of course, immediately thought of Stan4dSteph). Anyway, it was Karaoke style, with a tape of basic rhytm, drums and melody. Except that about half way through the song, I realized it WASN'T a tape. It was all accapella. They were doing the music as well! They were awsome. I honestly didn't notice at first. We saw them do 2 more numbers (Jungle Boogey, and a spectacular rendition of Bjork's 'Oh So Quiet').

They had talent, coreography, and a fat guy singin' Bjork! I find it very cool of the DLR to allow these kinds of groups the forum. I just wish they'd do a better job of publicizing it, especially on a day with so many attractions closed. It wasn't listed on the map, there were no signs anywhere. If they had put even one sign somewhere visible, these poor guys would have had more than the 10 people there watching them.

Of course, we later wandered over to DCA side only to hear ANOTHER accapella group in front of the Sun fountain. But we were headed for Blast, so didn't have a chance to stop and listen.

Oh, curious about the Bubs? www.bubs.com

EandCDad
01-14-2002, 10:17 AM
I don't know the name of that group that performs at DCA, but they are VERY good and worth listening to if you are in the mood for "hanging out." Thanks for the DL tip, I love that kind of music. If anyone knows the schedule, please post.

On an unrelated matter, I believe you are in copyright infringement with the name of this thread. Please see The Original "What's all the Hubbub, Bub?" Thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3123&highlight=whats+hubbub) . I belive renumeration is in order. ;)

Ghoulish Delight
01-14-2002, 10:32 AM
Hmmm, seeing as no explicit claim to any Copyright was made in the afore mentioned thread, I see no legal reason that I should owe renumeration. However, I will now claim copyright, as is my legal right to do.

Copyright Jan. 14, 2002 Ghoulish Delight (pertaining to title of this thread)

And by doing so, any future mention of above referenced thread will hitherto, forthward, henceforth, thereof, how so, and hencewardtoforth result in legal action by the party of the second part via the party of the first part, culminating in a party at the home of the party of the second part's party of the fourth part. With lots of beer.

Cadaverous Pallor
01-14-2002, 01:54 PM
Since these guys were from a university in Massachusetts, I don't think they'll be back too often. I found a bunch of their stuff on Grokster - awesome.

EandCDad
01-14-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
Hmmm, seeing as no explicit claim to any Copyright was made in the afore mentioned thread, I see no legal reason that I should owe renumeration. However, I will now claim copyright, as is my legal right to do.

Copyright Jan. 14, 2002 Ghoulish Delight (pertaining to title of this thread)

And by doing so, any future mention of above referenced thread will hitherto, forthward, henceforth, thereof, how so, and hencewardtoforth result in legal action by the party of the second part via the party of the first part, culminating in a party at the home of the party of the second part's party of the fourth part. With lots of beer.

I think it was more of an implied copyright based on use and drawing from the precedent set in the case Manashebitz vs. Collingsheadsonblane. I'm willing to waive all future rights in exchange for two parties at the forth part insofacto but not if anyone is going to play any of that crappy Ricky Martin music.

Again, the group at DCA is very good.

Speaking of copyright violation, is Grokster similar to WinMX or other "file sharing" software.

Cadaverous Pallor
01-14-2002, 03:44 PM
FILE SHARING??? HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME!

(psst - Grokster is a free, file sharing service that is quite large and easy to search. I usually find what I want, and since I have a cablemodem, downloads are quick and painless. I highly recommend it.);) :D :p